Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by RosalieAllen

 Prologue

I stood on the crest of the hill, surveying the fearsome battle raging below. The field of blood and murdered innocents. I could see the warriors that had become my friends, my family even. I could see the only man I had ever loved; he stood poised to die, fighting fearlessly our beliefs. Like a lion, beauty in his stance, courageousness, his only weakness me, the weak link in a our chain.

I could see the determination in all, they held no doubt like I. I knew we would not all survive and I wondered who I would say my goodbyes to in this hell like bloodbath. I remembered the good times I had with the people fighting below me, I knew today would change me, mark me forever. I would not escape unscathed, the very core of my being altered.

We were outnumbered, but this was our only chance, we had to fight, fight for our freedom, fight for our people. And we would do our best to win, we may see our best friends smite down, but we would carry on until we won or were truly decimated. The realms were counting on us; we weren't just fighting for ourselves, we were fighting for freedom for all, a fight against oppression. The age old feud between good and evil.

We all had a part to play maybe it was fate, a terrible burden that must be carried out. I paused to consider my task, the heavy weight of my heart thudding in my chest. Then I picked up my sword and focused on the task I had been set, I must do this, fight for my Mother, My Father, My love. The only thing I know, my fate has been decided for me, now I must follow the path.

Our fight was far from over, it was only just beginning. This is what I had been preparing for, the months of joy, they had led to this moment, the future was in our hands, its weighty desires placed on our shoulders. I braced myself as I ran to join the ferocious fight, I was ready, well as ready as I ever could be.



© 2009 RosalieAllen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it so far... very captivating. Going to read the next chapter now...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 16, 2009