A Fighting Start

A Fighting Start

A Chapter by RosalieAllen

 

Fighting Start

Cahira sat beside me, "You are not normal in the human realm, you are scarcely normal in this one, your powers go above and beyond. The display of magical power you just exhibited is beyond something, any of us have experienced in a beginner. Are you willing to believe? The sooner you believe, the sooner we can help your Mother".
Shockingly I heard myself reply "Yes...Yes I think I do".

After this I found my mind filled with thousands of questions, but not in the belief of this world, but about this world. I wanted, even needed to learn. I could feel it in myself, deep in my shattered soul, this was my home, maybe I had known from the beginning and just needed that tiny bit of proof. I could feel some of my soul begin to piece itself back together, she had not left me, not by choice.

"Who is Mordacai?" I asked of Altheda, I was already planning my revenge.
Kaiden however answered instead "He is the powerful Lord of the Nukpana tribe in the kingdom of Abaddon, he has plans to take over all of the realms, and is amassing the great power needed to do it. We believe he was hoping your mother would lead his army. However your mother is strong, and we believe she will not help him, but she may have no choice. We are unsure of his powers and well he has them harnessed, we know from sources that he is strong in manipulative mind control. You are the only person who is capable of winning this battle, of course you will have your warriors behind you. But you will take down Mordacai himself, he is unaware that you exist due to your mother's planning." I found myself nodding in satisfaction, I wanted the chance to face, the creature who had ruined my life.


"You will need to learn many new skills. We believe you may have more magic in you, as the blood of the sorceress also runs in your blood. The power you will possess is unrivalled" Kaiden murmured fervently. Ugh, just what I needed something to live up too. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Finian grinning down at me.
"Sorry about the ornament, but hey saved all that talking. And you showed us something we weren't expecting. Quick reflexes and amazing strength yes, but the power to blast things without even trying that's something!" he said, almost wistfully sounding impressed, he stared down at me with a mixture of emotions I could not read. "Anyway let
s go get you kitted up" he said excitedly, grabbing my hand and leading me over to Cahira.

It appeared Finian had a very easily excitable personality, I think I will get on with him, even if he does laugh at everything I do. I could sense the good person inside him. he appeared rather open but I sensed a lot lurked underneath the surface, and I would like to unravel some of those layers.



© 2009 RosalieAllen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on March 16, 2009