Desertion Of The Heart

Desertion Of The Heart

A Chapter by RosalieAllen

 

Desertion Of the Heart

My name is Elvy, up until recently I was as normal as you. Well, at least I thought I was. It turns out there was a lot I didn't know. So I will tell my story now.

I lived with my mother Bia and my Father Nualin. I know weird names, but they are part of my heritage, or so I am told, I have never met my extended family. My parents shared an intense powerful love, which was almost visible in the atmosphere, a tangible pink aura of adoration. When I was younger my parents and I moved around a lot. I always presumed it was because of my Mother who possessed a rather flighty disposition, and a hatred for staying still. But a few years ago, Bia found this cottage, and we haven't moved on. It is beautiful, a home, we decorated it together, as a family. I like it here; we live in a tiny little hamlet called Budletts, in the middle of the forest, in England. We were happy here; I attended the local school and made tentative friendships for the first time in my life. That is until my mother disappeared.
I came home to find her gone, no forewarning into the action which would rip us apart, just a short note on the side.

The note read;
I need to be free. I can't tell you where I am going, or how long I will be gone. Hopefully one day I will be able to return to you, I need you to carry on for me. So sorry, I love you both more than anything, be strong for me my beautiful Elvy, your Father will need you.
In her chaotic scrawl. I have never felt so much emotion rush through my body, punching painful holes in my heart and soul. I lay on the floor, sobbing emptily, holding the note for hours, until my father returned from work.

His despair was heart wrenching to watch he searched the cottage, seemingly disbelieving that she had gone. Eventually he disappeared out into the surrounding woods, sobbing her name. He did not return until the next day, he returned a different man, he locked himself in the room he shared with my mother, and refused to even answer the questions I put to him.

I picked myself up that day and made a vow to myself that I would never let anyone hurt me like that again.
For the next month or so things slowly returned to halfway to normal, they could never go fully back to the way they were before Bia left too big a hole in our lives, my heart would never fully recover.

I went to school; I did my homework and tests excelling in them, because I could not bear to spend even a minute thinking of what had become of my otherwise charmed life. I distanced myself from those I could have called friends, and none bothered after a few attempts of invitations. My father still refused to leave his room so I took to leaving food at the door and begging and cajoling him to eat it, I worried that I would also lose my Father.

I began to hate my Mother for doing this to us, how could she leave her husband and child? Slowly everybody stopped visiting, teachers stopped probing, and neighbours stopped asking. We became more and more isolated, alone forever. Then after days and days of nothingness, came a knock at the door.



© 2009 RosalieAllen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Who's at the door???? love your way with words and descriptions.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 16, 2009