Hand Of Friendship

Hand Of Friendship

A Chapter by RosalieAllen

 

Hand Of Friendship
There stood Altheda but unlike when she normally visited, she was not alone. My soul had departed me, I was certain the pain was visible in my face, I had heard the neighbours whispering, comments of my being soul less. I stood at the door, my face empty, I had nothing left to even greet the woman I had grown to love.

Altheda was a friend of my mother's friend the only person other than my Father and I, she had shown any kind of affection for. Even at a young age I could sense the depth of this affection, and that it went further than mere friendship. I knew that Altheda loved me too, my Mother had appointed her Godmother although I had never been christened.

I had always sensed something different about Altheda, my mother told me she was just a free spirit and lived off the grid. She was always attired in rather strange clothing and jewellery, almost gypsy like and old world.

Today Altheda stood on my door step with three others two men and a girl. All staring at me with worried concern, I did not miss the glances they threw each other.

The first man was at least six foot tall and extremely brawny with short dark hair swept in disarray across his scalp, some strands slipping forward into his kind looking dark eyes, and there was no other word for him but handsome, he looked back at me and grinned.

The second male was slighter than the first, blonde and with piercing blue eyes that drew me in. He had the look of casual handsomeness and the ability to withstand a lot; he looked amazingly gorgeous, I felt my jaw drop as I appraised him and took in his beauty. I looked back up into his eyes, they had an air of mystery shrouded in a facade of lighter emotion, he had seen a lot, I could tell, and now he gazed back into mine with a look that seemed to reach to my soul. I hurriedly looked down blushing furiously, surely this glorious creature couldn't be looking at me like that.

The girl was a small as me with long blonde hair spiralling down her back to her waist, she looked me over with intelligent green eyes, and I felt the compassion she felt for me, she was stunningly beautiful.

All three would be considered beautiful in any world but in the human realm, they dazzled. Unsure as of what to do, I stood back and let them in. The younger three walked in and sat around the table, glancing around as though expecting attack at any moment. I stared at them in disbelief, all were heavily armed with battle equipment.

Altheda stood for a moment and surveyed me with a look filled with empathy and something else I couldn't make out, before sweeping in and peering around before shutting the door.
"I'm sorry for the interruption Elvy"  she began, "Let me introduce you" she pointed to the dark male, "This is Finian" and then the blonde male "This is Kaiden". And finally the girl "And this is Cahira". All were clad in some sort of animal hide and carrying large swords and wearing some sort of armour wire over there clothing. I stood stock-still in shock and unsure of what they wanted, and why on earth they were carrying weapons. All seemed slightly wild. Glancing around, hands never straying far from the hilt of the swords, as though expecting someone to fly from a cupboard poised for attack, I felt my brow furrow in confusion.
"I will explain all to you child, but we need to get you away from this place before we can talk" stated Altheda, staring deep into my eyes as though trying to ascertain something. I stared back, I trusted Altheda, she was my Mother's only friend, but I was unsure as to why she was here. She looked to the others, "You three pack the things she will need
waving her hand in dismissal.
It took me a second to regain the power of speech, and understand her words "I...I can't leave, I have my father and school, ...and where exactly are you planning on taking me?" I asked suddenly furious., folding my arms across my chest.
"But you have to leave my dear, we must make you safe. I promised your mother. Your father has gone to the realm of the ghosts, he is unreachable to all but the other half of his soul – your Mother. If we can find your mother, we may be able to bring him back”. She'd definitely lost me this time. "You are finally coming home, to the realm of your mother and father the place where you truly belong" she gave me a last pleading look. Without another world she bustled off to help the others. This took me a minute to digest.
"Wait! What do you mean the ghost realm? What do you mean about my mother?" I cried, almost hysterically, I would do anything to help my Mother.
Altheda sighed as she turned to consider me with wise, tired eyes. "The world in which you have grown is not the only one, and it is not the world your mother or father were raised into, I cannot tell you this story now, we have to leave before they find us, please" she almost begged me, in a low guttural voice.
"I'm not going anywhere without my father he is here! He's in the other room!" I declared hotly. How dare they expect me to leave him, he was relying on me to look after him.

"He was here in body, but his essence has left, it left with your mother for whom his soul belongs too, we have already moved his body to keep him safe. We will retrieve him when we find your mother, she is the only one who can reach him in that place he has gone." Whispered Altheda "Please come with us now, your mother's people need you" she pleaded; I turned to find them all waiting by the door.

I ran to check my father's room, but I knew they spoke the truth and I would not find him there. I knew that I must accompany them at that moment, although I had no idea why, but the compelling urge was too hard to ignore, I saw he was gone, and the door broken from the hinges, strange I had heard no noise.

"Hurry Elvy!" cried Altheda "they are almost upon us we must be gone!she sounded slightly hysterical.
Unsure of what I was committing to, and desperate to hear about my mother. I took a final look at the cottage, the only real home I had known, and dashed back to the door. Altheda banged the door shut behind me and half dragged me to the road where the others were waiting. Instead of continuing along the road, she yanked me across, and we hurried into the forest on the other side. We walked for what felt like miles and hours, I was lost and unaware of much. Whenever I asked a question, which was often, Altheda shushed and told me trees had ears. I was unsure exactly what this meant, but heeded her warning.



© 2009 RosalieAllen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Would love to read more.
Is there a continuation?
Plz let me knw when u post it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 16, 2009