~Chapter 2~ Jason and A New Moon

~Chapter 2~ Jason and A New Moon

A Chapter by Rose
"

A school that looks after and raises those who have been abandoned by their family just because they have supernatural abilities, and aren't truly human.

"
~Chapter 2~ Jason and A New Moon

I sat beside Jason like I did everyday. We had arrived at the school about the same time, so had grown to be really close friends. Chinatsu had grown to be close friends with Sophia, as she and her brother Shadow had arrived at the school, only a few days after we had, and also, Sophia was the same age as Chinatsu, even though she was only human.

*********

Most people never believed that Sophia and Shadow were related, as Shadow was a vampire, whereas Sophia was a human. Shadow was very protective of Sophia, as their parents had been rather mean to them when they found out. They hadn't been abandoned like Chinatsu and I had. Shadow had taken Sophia and left their family when she was only 7 and he was 8. He knew that they knew the truth about their powers and what they were, and had ordered some people to go and kill them, so Shadow had left the very next day with Sophia, so he would be able to keep her safe from harm.

*********

Jason unlike the rest of us in the class, didn't have any siblings that were different like him, but he didn't care, as all of us that were at this school, were like family to him.
"You were really lucky." He said to me in a whisper, as the teacher started the lesson.
"I know." I said just as quietly in response.
"Silence everyone and listen up." Mrs Stuart said. "We have a new student joining today." None of us that had been her for long had been told that there was a new student joining and looked at each other in surprise.
"I wonder who this new student is." Chinatsu said to Sophia.
"Probably someone older than us." Sophia said, with a shrug. "We'll just have to wait and see." She smiled, and looked up towards the teacher, as a tall black haired boy, who seemed to have blue highlights in his hair - just like Chinatsu had - walked over to stand beside Mrs Stuart.
"Please introduce yourself to everyone, and then take your seat." She said, before returning to writing up today's work.

There was a few minutes silence, before the boy looked over to us all, with bright, blood red eyes. Clearly, like most of us here, he wasn't human, and was different in his own way.
"Hello everyone." He said, in a respectful tone. "My name is Hiroki Takahashi. I'm 18 years old, and I'm, what some people may call, a damphir - half human, half vampire." He smiled softly at us, revealing his fangs a little to us. He wasn't going to hurt any of us, and that was obvious, as he seemed so nice.

By the time class ended, Sophia, Shadow, Jason, Chinatsu and I were all talking with Hiroki and getting to know him. He seemed really friendly and rather happy to get to know us all. He showed us a few of his powers, like his powers over water, and that he could also become invisible when he wanted.

As we all headed around the school grounds, as the moon started to rise high in the sky, we never realised that Hiroki had vanished from the group and had ran towards his dorm. Luckily for him, the Head Teacher had given him his key and dorm number, and he went in search of it. However, he thought he had managed to sneak away from us, but I had sensed his disappearance and stopped walking. Chinatsu looked over at me worried.
"What's wrong sis?" She questioned me.
"And where's Hiroki?" Jason wondered, rubbing the back of his head, looking around. Shadow and Sophia just shrugged. Neither of them were much of a talker.
"Hiroki has gone, I think he's heading towards his dorm." I had the power to read minds, so I had been keeping a close eye on Hiroki since he had arrived, as I felt something strange about him. Something stranger than his powers.
"Do we know what dorm he's in?" Sophia quietly asked.
"I'm not sure." Shadow answered. "He'll probably head to the boys dorms and try look around to find it."
"Then let's go." Jason smirked, before heading towards the boys dorms, with all of us following closely behind.

*********

I was frantically looking around the boys dorms, desperately trying to find the one that belonged to me. I hadn't realised until the moon had started to arise, that tonight was a New Moon. I was screwed. I didn't want anyone to know what happened to me during the night of the New Moon, and I wanted it to stay that way.

*********

We got to the boys dorms, just as the moon had fully arisen in the sky. A new moon. Before we found Hiroki, we heard a scream coming not to far from the back of the boys dorms. We headed in that direction, and were shocked at what we seen.


© 2013 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
The title will probably change, if anyone can think of a better suggestion for me. This is a story of my own creation. Please tell me if you notice any obvious corrections - grammar, spelling, tense - and let me know what you think of it. If there is anything you think can be changed in anyway, please message me the suggestions, and I will take them into consideration. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

now if i look in this chapter, then i think in my humble opinion,you may merge them(chapter 1 and chapter 2) in one and then i think it would be more interesting and intriguing...you may end the last chapter with a question of curiosity as who is going to be this new student,,,this wouldn't make it much long but it would sounds a little more interesting. then i think you can continue with this one as it is.but i like this chapter a lot and the way you highlight their friendship and their very first encounter. don't be upset with my comments but this is what i've just thought about tit.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rose

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, I may actual add them into the one chapter. I appreciate the reviews and ideas, so I'm.. read more
The dark story

10 Years Ago

thanks but you should do as you like it!:)
Rose

10 Years Ago

Welcomes and I know



Reviews

An interesting match ! One suggestion if you are not already doing it, is to make the end of each chapter a cliffhanger. That is, at the end of the chapter you have written SOMETHING that will encourage readers to go to the next chapter.

You've done that admirably here with, "were shocked at what we seen."

I know back in Xanga when I had one of my novels fully posted and there was one dedicated reader who simply had to read every single chapter that day - wow over 30-of them ! Really surprised me and let me know that it was likely cause of the cliffhanger at the end of each chapter.

I hope he shows up here as I do plan to post one of my other full books.

As for the title suggestion, I don't think it's such a good idea to include anyone's name in a title UNLESS that is the entire name of the book. Like, "Jason," and if he had a last name, "Fire." So it would be, "Jason Fire."

Always choose an intriguing name for your book, something someone will see and say, Hmm - I wonder what this story is about.

Since you are writing about vampires, you might try this link to get some ideas:

http://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/vampires

Best wishes !


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review I will try to come up with a new title fir my book
dw817

10 Years Ago

Sure - also I know you've got your stories written out, but keeping the identity of the vampire migh.. read more
Rose

10 Years Ago

Thanks very much
now if i look in this chapter, then i think in my humble opinion,you may merge them(chapter 1 and chapter 2) in one and then i think it would be more interesting and intriguing...you may end the last chapter with a question of curiosity as who is going to be this new student,,,this wouldn't make it much long but it would sounds a little more interesting. then i think you can continue with this one as it is.but i like this chapter a lot and the way you highlight their friendship and their very first encounter. don't be upset with my comments but this is what i've just thought about tit.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rose

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, I may actual add them into the one chapter. I appreciate the reviews and ideas, so I'm.. read more
The dark story

10 Years Ago

thanks but you should do as you like it!:)
Rose

10 Years Ago

Welcomes and I know
Nice... Gt me hooken within 2 chapters... Darn You !!!!!! make more and soon...

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rose

10 Years Ago

Lol, sorry! I just got a random new idea for a story and decided to start it. Although, I think I'm .. read more
Kato Uchiha

10 Years Ago

i'm pretty sure she won't mind :p
Rose

10 Years Ago

I know she doesn't. XD
Awesome sis as always

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rose

10 Years Ago

Thanks sis.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2013
Last Updated on May 19, 2013


Author

Rose
Rose

Edinburgh, West Lothian, United Kingdom



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Royal Angels Royal Angels

A Story by Rose