An Ignorant Girl

An Ignorant Girl

A Chapter by Sandra Nair
"

The first chapter of Speechless Speech!

"

 

"Everything begins to end once. Does your life have horns to survive? It too falls once." The silent reply of a young lady, Jeromia Nair. Jerom was in such a state of mind that she wanted to do her diploma in Mumbai. Is she the next Rani Laxmi Bai, fighting to become a journalism student against her parent's wish?

Jeromia was a beautiful girl who had short hairs and graceful lips. Skirt and shirt was her usual dress and she hated dressing like a bride every day. She had been excellent in her studies and a good artist as well. Anyone who looks at her wouldn't dare to remove their eyes from her. But anyone who tries to talk with her could realize that she couldn't speak or hear well.


From the day Jeromia started quarreling to become a journalist, counseling was a part of her life. Advices made her eardrums sick, she felt as if none felt kind of her. Family, friends, relatives and everyone said she was a girl of self-pride and ignorance.  

An ignorant girl.


One day she went for purchasing a book all alone. While she was getting back home by bus, her neighbor saw her traveling alone. The neighbor enquired rudely, "Why are you out when others are not with you?” Suddenly Jeromia took a pen and pulled out a piece of paper and wrote down: ' Shylaja auntie, I hadn't gone for shopping unnecessarily, but for purchasing a book and I don't consider it a big mistake. I’m not alone, auntie'. The bus driver applied brake and she had to pause for a moment and then continue: 'God is always there with me and he is walking in front of me. I'm just following him. And one more thing, I asked my amma's permission and she granted me freedom to go out and get a book. She was the one who took me to the bus station and I know the conductor well. She will help me in getting out at the right place. After all, I'm not blind. I can see well and also hear, though not clear. Just one more thing, auntie. Today, I saw your son chatting with a girl. And I do not feel it much safe as he was hiding from me when he saw me walking towards them. Ask him who she was and why he went to Jeweler shop.' As she stopped writing and handed over the paper to Shylaja, she had nothing more or less to say. She remained quiet until she reached home; even the normal queries she used to make were avoided.


That was how Jeromia made her path and get into things. She was a good CID and would peep into others' life which would practically say; help her at many circumstances like the above incident. To other people around her, Jeromia Nair was an uneasy and bad habitual girl, a bad beauty.

But... 




© 2015 Sandra Nair


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on March 30, 2015
Last Updated on April 1, 2015


Author

Sandra Nair
Sandra Nair

Kerala, India



About
"Oh,Sandra! Is there such a child in the class? This was the reaction of any of my classmates,if you happened to ask them about me. And now they know me, but that's the end. They know me,but not mo.. more..

Writing
A LIE A LIE

A Poem by Sandra Nair