Grandmother's Love

Grandmother's Love

A Chapter by Sandra Nair
"

The fourth chapter of Speechless Speech!

"

Suddenly the bedroom door was bang open! Jeromia walked to her sister angrily and showed some signs at her without any more signs, she stared at her dad and then went outside.  This was her habit whenever something teased her; she would run outside to spend time at the swimming pool.  She would often stay there that the cool breeze at the pool erased her tears.

    Mathu, who was always listening to Jerom’s silence, could interpret it very easily.  She slowly began,”Amma and Papa, I hope we have no other choice to look for.  She has decided to become a speechless speaker.  In this dwell where we, who have tongues to speak has decided to keep rolled up, girls like her should speak for the sake of human safety.  She is saying that she contacted one of her friends and got an admission in a college of   Journalism at Mumbai.  She also said that she’ll only study at Mumbai and no one has to search for a seat elsewhere”.  She completed her words with a deep sign.  Her parents stood silent, they had nothing else to say.  Both knew we how Jerom would behave, sometimes out of control and violently.

       Jerom had always been exactly the same way.  Do what she liked; she strongly believed that truth always triumphs.  Therefore, she ne’er ran behind unnecessary things and would react against social evils.

     Time would’ve been around nine or just a few minutes more.  Mathangi, who was helping her mother in household works, went to Jerom’s room. Jerom’s room had always been different from all the others’.  To others it sometimes seemed to be a library or even an asylum! When Mathangi got inside the room, Jerom was sitting in one corner of the room.  As she saw Mathu coming to her, Jerom kept her diary in the table and went near her. “We will be going to Mumbai two weeks later,” Mathangi told to Jerom. Jeromia soon tore a paper from her single-lined notebook and wrote down: ‘We? Are you also coming along with me?”  Mathu read it and explained, “I know that you won’t be able to stay alone in a new state.

Moreover, you are wishing for my presence, aren’t you? I’ve got transfer to our company’s office in Mumbai”. Jerom’s face resembled her happiness; still ….She thought for a while and began writing: ‘Chechi, I would be glad if we could spend a week at our grandmother’s home. It will make her joyful and it’s what I wish for. Could you please allow me to be there? You should also accompany me.’ As she wrote these lines, tears flowed down her cheeks. She knew very well how much her grand-mother, Devaki loved her sister and her. That would be the reason for this request. Anyway, Mathangi too wanted to visit her grand-mother and they decided to go to their grandma’s home the next day.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2015 Sandra Nair


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Maybe a bit more action? :) Great work, keep it up! Try putting spaces between each dialogue, so it'll be easier to read. Again, great work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Thanks... keep reviewing and that helps me a lot..
Kreative Kana

8 Years Ago

:) No problem.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Added on April 1, 2015
Last Updated on April 1, 2015


Author

Sandra Nair
Sandra Nair

Kerala, India



About
"Oh,Sandra! Is there such a child in the class? This was the reaction of any of my classmates,if you happened to ask them about me. And now they know me, but that's the end. They know me,but not mo.. more..

Writing
A LIE A LIE

A Poem by Sandra Nair