Green-Greeny Banana Tree.

Green-Greeny Banana Tree.

A Chapter by Sandra Nair
"

The fifth chapter of Speechless Speech!

"

Jerom and Mathangi were so happy in the morning. They were going to their favorite holiday spot " Grandma’s home. Devaki ammoomma’s fish curry and puttu combination preparation! It would make Jerom’s taste buds twinkle. While traveling, she had been thinking only of her old golden memories.


Ten minutes later they reached the village where their grandmother lives. “Jerom, can we buy something to eat from this hotel, though it’s small”, Mathangi asked. Jerom shook her head horizontally to make Mathu understand that she had come to enjoy the beauty of nature and not for eating waste products. Both of them walked from the junction to get an auto-rickshaw and finally, they reached their grandma’s home. On seeing her grand-daughters Devaki came running from the field where rubber trees were grown. “Oh! My children! It’s been a long since I’ve seen you. How are you both? I was not able to phone you as the telephone had some trouble. When did you come from Delhi, Mathu?” Devaki had lots of things to enquire and many more things to explain. But now she understood that her grand children were not fit for it and that they need to refresh. “Go and have a cool bath, children. Meanwhile, I’ll prepare tasty dishes for you”, the old lady said these words with all her love. “Okay grandma.” Mathu told softly and took hold of Jerom’s hand. They both went to take a cool bath to refresh their heads as told by their grandmother.


While bathing, Jerom went deep in thoughts. Her memorable baths in olden days-without wearing any single cloth and running around the house. Then, her grandmother used to bring her back, behind the well to bath. While pouring the cold water, she used to shiver and sometimes fever caught her. Who can forget all these never-miss memories? 


It seemed as if she had come only to bring back those days, at least in her heart. No one will forget their childhood memories. Childhood and madness are the only two parts of life when we bother of nothing. Jerom might have tried to recollect her olden days. She walked through the verandah were her grandpa had once made a swing for her. She felt as if the swing was still left there… For her.


“Jerom…. It’s time for having something. Come, eat your food.” Devaki said these lines with the kindness of a mother, not a grandmother. Jeromia couldn’t deny when her grandma’s calls her for eating. Mathangi had already come to the living room. Oh! There was no luxurious or plentiful supply of furniture. Just what is needed, those things were present. The dining room had neither a table nor chairs to adore it. Instead, a ‘charukasera’ was present. Therefore, everyone used to sit in the living room for eating food. But Jeromia wished to sit in that chair in the dining room. Either of the two people said anything against Jeromia. Devaki granted her permission to be in the ‘charukasera’ and spend time with her grandfather.


Jerom really felt that her grandpa was along with her, to comfort her. He had always been with her and supported her. “Good…Good” " these were the only words he would say in the very beginning of judging anything done by anyone. Just ten or fifteen minutes were enough to finish her food and Jeromia went to her room. A few seconds later, she came out with a pen and her personal diary. She smiled at her sister and grandma and then walked outside, toward the garden. Mathu and Devakiamma didn’t like to distract her while she was in her world, pen and writing world.


A green greeny banana tree. She wished to sit under it and quote something into her lovely diary. She could do only this; whenever she wanted to say something, she expressed it through her diary. As soon as Jeromia had begun writing, it was as if God was controlling her pen and her. Memories and feelings were flowing to the white paper like a magic!


‘Hai Diary,

Within a week I will be going to Mumbai and these are a few day s before departing. I feel very much excited and that’s the reason why I’m writing.



© 2015 Sandra Nair


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

'It would make Jerom’s taste buds twinkle.' I like this. :)

'As soon as Jeromia had begun writing, it was as if God was controlling her pen and her. Memories and feelings were flowing to the white paper like a magic!' Beautiful.



Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Thanks,friend.. Your good words have the power to do everything!
Kreative Kana

8 Years Ago

You're very welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on April 19, 2015
Last Updated on April 19, 2015


Author

Sandra Nair
Sandra Nair

Kerala, India



About
"Oh,Sandra! Is there such a child in the class? This was the reaction of any of my classmates,if you happened to ask them about me. And now they know me, but that's the end. They know me,but not mo.. more..

Writing
A LIE A LIE

A Poem by Sandra Nair