Shocker. Wake up call time, oh hell.

Shocker. Wake up call time, oh hell.

A Chapter by SapphirianVampiress

            Guilty faces stared at me as they all headed into the back room, where Jeff had just currently left to. Taking a deep breath I opened the cabinet along the left side of the cash register, revealing our store issued red and black six cd changer with a thin button box underneath it, lit up with blue led lights. Looking on the top of the cd holder I found the six empty and open cases, stacked one upon another. ‘Jeff must have put them in order again’ I thought slightly smiling since it was the only uplift on my mood through that entire day it seemed. Scanning through the titles of the cd cases, I found the one that I had been looking for, The My Chemical Romance album Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge.

            Taking a deep breath I smiled and pushed the fourth cd button on the box and closed the cabinet again smiling slightly. Walking around the counter I had to figure out what to do next to finish blowing off my steam. As the loud hard screaming voice of Gerard way filled my ears and soothed me, I moved around the store and began picking up random out of place merchandise. Looking at the merchandise for the new release I inwardly groaned and barely heard the bell chime at the door. “Hey, welcome to Hot Topic! If you need any help, feel free to ask” I said with as much enthusiasm as I could manage, while not looking back I headed in the general area of the mess.

            I never heard a reply but that at this point was more generous than getting stuck in a boring conversation with somebody that I was most likely never going to talk to again. Biting my lower right corner of my lip I reached the mess and slowly began straightening up the rows of cd’s and lanyards first. Careful not to bend over I faintly heard footsteps approach me from behind, “Are you okay” a voice asked in his soft strong all too familiar to make me happy voice. My anger spiking again I remembered why every one of my friends had showed up and instantly calmed. ‘No this is going to go my way’ I thought to myself taking a deep breath. “I am fine, thanks. Do you need any help” I asked trying to be polite. “I am not stalking you if that is what you think” he said chuckling lightly, “Okay that is fine, I don’t care, now what do you need help with” I asked turning around to quickly and coming face to face with Alexander Black, the new kid.

            We were mere inches apart, his hot breath hitting my forehead; I closed my eyes tightly afraid of the situation. Wrapping my arms around my stomach protectively, I not dared move back away from him. “Audra? Audra wake up” the familiar voice of Alexander and not Stan broke through my thoughts. “I’m sorry, what” I asked acting as if nothing had ever happened, “I asked if you were okay” he asked looking down on me with concern. “Alexander you seem not as creepy as before, but trust and heed my words, don’t like me, don’t try to friend me, and most importantly do not get close to me” I said in a whisper before turning around and attempting to straighten up the messed up shirts on the shelving unit at the bottom. Clenching my jaw tightly together from the pain, ‘I have to with stand this, it wasn’t anything new’ I thought bitterly to myself. Getting the shelves fixed I slowly stood back up and regretted it, warm liquid met with my icy skin.

            “S**t” I muttered making my hand meet with the pain, ‘it was fresh only like two days old and I had been so careful. Why now, what am I going to say if he notices’ I thought biting my lip harder and heading towards the back. “Audra is anything wrong” Alexander asked sounding concerned, “No, I just need to step back here and see Jeff for a moment. I need a break real quick” I said hurrying back through the aisle, around the cd’s and behind our counter meaning I was going to be good. “Jeff send one of them up, I have to come down stairs now” I said slightly panicking as I begin to lose focus. “Audra, are you sure you’re… Oh my god” Alexander said confirming my fears. Clenching my fist the door to the underneath opened and Kellie and James stepped up “Oh god Aud” Kellie said freaking, “Go man the store, it will be alright. James got me and Alex” I said trusting him this once. “What the hell girl? I thought you said it was fine” James said getting mad. “It is fine, I promise. Things are different now” I said as he got me by my right side and practically carried me down the stairs.

            “Audra what could be so important that. Bloody hell Audra, when did this happen” Jeff asked not noticing Alex was with us. “That is not important, look I can’t do it in the state I am in Jeff and well to be honest, it kind of popped open” I said whispering the last part while find anything interesting at all with the floor. “You know we are going to help you. You’re family, now James get her over here to the table” Jeff said in a hurried voice. On the way to the table my body sort of gave out and my other half as we call it pushed me out and was making me watch what was happening to them. I told Jeff I couldn’t see because then he would feel bad, but hey it was kind of cool. Until today when I noticed that Alexander Black was standing at Jeff’s side and watching me in my other form’s every move.

            Looking around I was trying to find out if I was seeing things, oh no I was dead on he had sadness and pain in his eyes. Leaning over to Jeff he broke the semi tense eye contact he had with me and whispered in my boss’s ear, something that even I couldn’t make out. Fear tightened on my core like an iron cage and I almost cried. Everyone’s heads turned to Alexander and then they all huddled over my body making it impossible to see what was happening.

            Minutes passed that seemed like hours and I still could not see what was happening to me. The time finally came and I was sucked back into my body and awoke only to afraid to open my eyes. “Audra we know your awake, honey! Now come on, you have to get some new clothes” James said being dramatic. “Look I can’t besides it is not like the mess is noticeable. And oh yeah what the hell are you Alexander” I asked with fury in every word. “Audra calm down” he said backing up slowly, his actions only scaring me more I sat up and hopped down off of the table towards him. “Audra stop” Alexander said sounding scared.

            Blinking several times I clutched my head in my left palm, ‘No, this is not happening please, it can’t be happening, not to me” I thought as tears brimmed my eyes. Taking a deep breath I rushed past Alexander and the others into the other part of our basement. Closing my eyes I slightly began panicking in my mind and I knew what I was most likely going to do, she would never approve of. “Audra come on calm down” Jeff said with a worried tone, “Jeff I can’t be like him. I won’t do it, I can’t do it” I said as a single cold tear rolled out of my left eye and down my cheek. “Woman don’t make me come in there. You are not him, stop this aint right” James said on the verge of tears. “James I can’t let you do that. See when I walked in here to be alone. You know the rules, only one of my own kind may enter” I said sitting down and wrapping my arms around my legs protectively.

            Noticing that there was no pain anywhere on my body, I ran a quick scan. ‘Who did? How did this happen’ I questioned myself confused, my entire body was in top notch health. Looking around me I took a deep breath and sighed ‘What exactly am I going to do now’ I asked myself slightly angry, but I wasn’t sure with who my friend’s or myself. “Audra you have to come out of there” Kellie said showing up and clearly upset. “Kellie I can’t do that. I am tired of this secret, it’s hard to keep, and then someone goes and heals every wound I had. They were what kept me sane and going each day; it showed me that I can feel what is going on around me. That I am alive and now I don’t have any at all and I don’t know who did it” I said laying my head on knees and looking anywhere but up.

            Two arms wrapped around me from behind, the scent was different it was sweet but had a sour and pure smell to it as if it was a mixture of their own aroma to that of a spray. Stiffing up I recognized that smell of pure and it was starting to scare me. “Audra it is okay, I am not going to hurt you. I healed all of your wounds. I am a guardian angel and I will never let anything hurt you as long as I am present or if you want me there” the soothing sweet upset voice of Alexander whispered in my ear.



© 2012 SapphirianVampiress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great chapter. I really like this story. You need to write faster please lol

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 14, 2012
Last Updated on March 14, 2012


Author

SapphirianVampiress
SapphirianVampiress

AR



About
Well hmm I started out writing fanfictions just to let my anger out in the 4th grade. I am very optomistic, opinionated and out spoken. I want to do many things when I graduate and one of them is to b.. more..

Writing