Real Fear

Real Fear

A Chapter by SapphirianVampiress

            A shiver of fear rippled through my core and goose bumps rose up all over my skin. I stood up quickly making Alexander’s arms fall from around me, walking forward all of my friends faces started to look a little bit relieved. Jeff stepped forward and engulfed me in a bear tight hug “Why did you not tell me what was going on Audra” he whispered over the top of my head. “There is nothing going on Jeff. Please let’s just drop it” I whispered almost barely audible to even his ears. Jeff sighed and squeezed me tighter before releasing me and letting me on my own again.

            “Girl don’t you ever do this crap to me again, you hear? I will get in there and beat your butt next time woman” James said pulling me into a hug tightly. Everyone else joined in on the hug and I bit the lower right side of my lip lightly. “Okay guys, I need to breath” I said softly and everyone got out of the hug and backed up a little bit. Shaking my head softly Jeff mentioned something about needing to get back to work. Agreeing with him we all began to walk back up the stairs and into the store, going behind the counter I saw that Kellie had closed the place while we were down stairs. Coming through the speakers was “It’s Not A Fashion Statement It’s A Deathwish” by My Chemical Romance. Sighing inwardly I shut off the cd player and brought up the play list on the computer.

            Rearranging the cords for surround sound I got them hooked into the back of the tower and straightened up. “Audra we would hang out here but you still have to work. I mean we could stay if you really wanted us to” Mikey said looking at Kellie. Biting my lip more I remembered why I was aggravated in the first place. “No absolutely not, if you are going to leave then go I am still upset with y’all” I said upset seeping into my voice. The guilty expressions donned every single one of their faces and I almost felt bad but shook it off instead. ‘They brought this upon themselves’ I thought to myself as I noticed Jeff was looking at them weird.

            “Look I love you guys; you all know that but you have got to trust me. I am not weak, you all are my family. I will see you all tomorrow at school. If you need me text me” I said smiling at them and they all began to look relieved. “Okay Audra be careful and seriously next time that happens tell us” Kellie said smiling back at me. “Okay I will Kellie now go have fun” I said waving and at the same time ushering them out of the place. Taking in my surrounding again I realized that I had already gone around and cleaned up the messes from earlier.

            Jeff looked at me hurt still visible in his eyes; quickly looking away I realized I had not seen Alexander leave the shop. Turning to the right there he was on the opposite side of the counter leaned up against it looking at me. Rolling my eyes I looked back towards Jeff as he began to talk “Look Audra I need to go and do some stuff. I am going to be back within in the hour but let Alex stay here with you and make sure nothing happens. If you need anything you know my number” he said walking over to me. “Okay. I won’t let anything happen to the place” I said hugging him afraid of where he was going. Jeff wrapped his arms around me tightly and protectively; a soft kiss met with my forehead and I smiled.

            Watching as he left I looked back over at Alexander “So when did he ask you to stay here with me” I asked curious. “I am not going to tell you that” he said and walked around to join me behind the counter. Taking the stool that normally Jeff sits he brought it over by me, as I climbed up on my stool and pressed the play button on the playlist that Jeff already had made up for the day. Nirvana’s song “Lithium” began to fill my ears as Alexander got comfortable next to me. “So Audra I am sorry for freaking you out last night” he said softly, “No it is fine, I shouldn’t have been so freaked out” I replied looking towards the door. He chuckled lightly from beside me “So what brought you to this place” I asked curious and trying to change the subject.

            “Well I needed the change and my adopted parents got a better place and jobs here” he said smiling at me. “That’s cool. You’re adopted” I asked being slightly too nosey, “Yes I am. I was left at an orphanage when I was little and this normal couple took me until they realized I was something different and sent me back at five years old. That is when my now mother and father saw me and took me in” he said sadly. “Oh wow I am so sorry. That sucks, but what did you do that made them give you up” I asked almost scared of the answer. “It wasn’t anything bad. It just scared them, I guess. I had a younger adopted sister that was 3 and I was 5 years old. Well they were letting her draw with chalk and the woman had walked inside our house to grab a quick snack. The little girl wandered into the road and a car didn’t see her and almost hit her but my wings popped out and I saved her just as the woman was coming back outside” he said not as sad this time.

            My anger spiked at this woman, she should have been thankful and grateful not angry and upset. “That is so stupid; you saved the little girl for crying out loud. Scared or not she should have been happy and grateful that her mistake didn’t lead to the little girl’s death” I replied trying not to let my anger show. “Oh it is just because she didn’t know what she saw and she knew it was her fault the little girl almost got killed” he said smiling at me a little bit. “It still aint right” I replied looking at Alex strangely when the bell chimed lightly.

            “Hello. Welcome to Hottopic if you need any help just ask” I said not looking at the door right away. “Audra you were supposed to be home an hour ago” a voice I knew all too well said angry at me, “Fa..fa..Father. What are you doing here” I asked him as goose bumps climbed my skin and a knot twisted in my stomach. “Do not get mouthy with me. You were to be home an hour ago” he exclaimed again while staggering forward. “I work for another hour and a half, the schedule I gave you say’s so” I replied gulping for saying something to him. “Child” he said warningly as he walked closer to me, “Excuse me, Stan what are you doing here” Jeff asked from the back door angry.

            “I am here to get my child. She got off an hour ago Jeff. Why is she still here” Stan asked almost yelling. “Because the schedule I printed out says an hour and a half from now” Jeff said looking him in the eyes. “No it doesn’t” Stan argued getting madder, “It says an hour and a half from now believe me Stan” Jeff said walking closer to Stan. “Maybe I am wrong” Stan mumbled ashamed that he was wrong. “Now go home and go to bed and sleep all night. Forget that you ever came here” Jeff said touching Stan’s arm lightly.



© 2012 SapphirianVampiress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2012


Author

SapphirianVampiress
SapphirianVampiress

AR



About
Well hmm I started out writing fanfictions just to let my anger out in the 4th grade. I am very optomistic, opinionated and out spoken. I want to do many things when I graduate and one of them is to b.. more..

Writing