Amnesia

Amnesia

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is joint-written.

"

"Man, I'm still kinda in shock." Glide commented, shoving open the fortress' doors. "I actually got revenge. On the person that really deserved it."

"Maybe now you can quit starting fights." Shetani laughed.

Glide rolled his eyes. "Get fucked." He muttered, making his way over to where his father's nodachi landed. He slipped a hindpaw under the sword and kicked it upward, snatching it out of the air.

"When do you think Briar will be back?" Niqi asked, leaning against one of the doors and twirling Zi'Ran's sword. "Now that there's nothing to actually fight, hanging around down here is getting kind of tedious."

"Not quite sure." Glide replied. He paused, turning his attention to Therali. "Hey, batty, how 'bout those pants you promised me?"

Therali nodded, weaving a spell and conjuring a pair of pants similar to his own; baggy, black cloth covered in superfluous zippers, chains and other metal bits. "Here. Once I have access to your closet, you'll get the rest." He said, tossing the pants to Glide.

"Thanks." Glide grinned, pulling the pants on. "I gotta say, all in all, this was a good day. I got revenge, new pants... off..."

"...Glide, that's disturbing," Niqi commented. She paused, looking at his new pants. "In other news, I am definitely going to borrow those eventually."

Glide smirked. "I'll sell 'em to you in exchange for your soul."

Niqi rolled her eyes. "Or I could, you know, buy a similar pair somewhere else. Or ask Therali for some."

"Yeah, you could do that." Glide agreed. "Tell you what, I'll just let you raid my closet when we get out of here."

Niqi grinned. "Really? Awesome."

"... Dude, did anybody else hear that?" Glide asked, removing his eyepatch and looking around.

"Yeah," Niqi replied, turning and moving a couple of the Raven's Nest out of the way. "...Ambree?" she said, shocked.

The human girl's body lay unmoving on the ground.

 

...

 

Niqi knelt on the ground, quickly lifting Ambree's head and checking for a pulse. "She's alive," she muttered quietly. She turned to Glide. "Exhaustion?"

"That's what it looks like." Glide said. "I mean, she doesn't have any internal damage..."

"And I couldn't heal her." Shetani added.

"Okay," Niqi said, breathing easier. "I suppose she won't be around for a lot of the party in the Nexus, then. We'll just have to find her a bed once we get out of here."

 

...

 

"Gods damn it, how long is Briar going to take?" Niqi grumbled. "Do you think he was still pissed off once you cut him off from getting more revenge, and he's doing the rest now?"

Glide shrugged. "Maybe. Hell, probably. Reiko tried to kill his brother-in-law, wouldn't you be pissed?"

After a moment, Niqi nodded. "Yeah. I can see it from his perspective, I suppose." She stared off into space for a few moments. "But damnit, the whole 'Yay, victory is ours' feeling wore off a while ago."

Glide nodded, removing a cigarette from his pocket and lighting it. "Yeah. I swear, if he's not back soon, I'm gonna pull all his f****n' fur out with tweezers."

Niqi laughed. "That's a bit extreme."

Ambree began stirring, looking like she was trying to sit up.

"Hey, look who's coming around," Niqi commented, grinning.

"Thank the gods..." Glide muttered, his tongue extending to curl around the cigarette between his fingers and pull it into his mouth.

Ambree managed to sit up, and then open her eyes. She looked around, her facial expression stunned.

"Hey, sleepy-head. Welcome back to the world of the living," Niqi greeted her. She looked around them, noting that they were still in a hell dimension. "Well, almost."

Ambree swallowed. "W-where the hell am I?" she asked shakily.

Niqi rolled her eyes. "Hell dimension. Outside the over-compensating fortress of Glide's a*****e father. Coming back to you yet?"

Ambree merely blinked.

"Oh, come on," Niqi muttered. "I know there's going to be some initial confusion when you wake up after suddenly passing out, but really. Get a grip already."

"I..." Ambree paused, looking at her surroundings again, and then at the Raven's Nest. "Um... I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," she admitted.

Glide blinked. "Well... s**t. She must've hit her head or something, scrambled her f****n' brains."

"...Am I even on Seisen anymore?" Ambree asked.

Niqi was about to ridicule her for not taking note of the fact that hell dimension obviously meant they weren't on any planet, but she stopped short. "...Do you remember us at all?"

Ambree said nothing for a moment, and then shook her head. "I've never seen you guys before. In my entire life."

Niqi stared at Ambree. "Well. Uh." She paused. "F**k."

"Oh, that's just f*****g wonderful." Glide griped, pulling the cigarette into his mouth completely and swallowing it. "Not only can we not get out of here, but this b***h has lost her f****n' memory!"

"Amnesia?" Niqi shook her head. "Must've taken one hell of a fall when she conked out."

Glide rubbed his temples. "I swear to god, Briar better get here right f****n' now, or I'm gonna-"

"Somebody talking about me?" Briar asked, exiting a portal behind the group. "Sorry I'm late."

"Sorry's probably not going to cut it," Niqi muttered, holding her face in one of her hands. "Get us the hell out of here."



© 2009 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
Added on September 2, 2009


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher