Round One

Round One

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is joint-written.

"

Ambree stood, facing Shetani and twirling Illyria. "I know I'm going down," she said, sounding calm and resolved.

Shetani shrugged in response, her own blade still sheathed. "You never know, you might get lucky and win."

"Round one is about to begin!" Keris declared. "Are you both clear on the rules?"

Shetani nodded. "I know them."

"Refresh me," Ambree said.

"No powers are to be used." Keris said. "Both of you agree on whether or not to use weapons. The only way to win is to get your opponent to submit."

Ambree nodded. "Weapons?" she asked Shetani, lifting Illyria in question.

Shetani drew the Sword of Ciel from its sheath. "Weapons."

Keris stepped forward, standing between the two. "Everyone clear? Good. Get ready, fighters! Three..."

"Two," Ambree responded, leaning forward.

"One." Shetani smirked, dropping to one knee, holding her blade ready.

Keris jumped backwards. "Go!"

Ambree leapt forward, to the right of Shetani, and went for a horizontal swing to the torso.

Shetani rolled backwards, out of the way of the strike. She held her blade up, lunging forward and responding with an identical swing.

Ambree quickly intercepted it by quickly jerking her blade into a vertical position. She shoved Shetani away from her and smiled. "The sound of metal meeting metal...it's been a while."

"It's such a beautiful sound." Shetani commented, twirling her sword. "Shall we continue?"

Ambree nodded once, and then rushed at Shetani, swinging diagonally in the opposite direction.

Shetani met the sword with her own, scraping her blade along its length. "I'm a bit concerned... Why hasn't Illyria shattered this sword yet?"

Ambree shrugged, pulling away. "It's your sword, I'd think you'd know better than me." She lunged again.

Shetani grabbed Ambree's wrist with her free paw, using the human girl's own momentum to flip her to the floor. "I'll worry more about it later."

"Probably best," Ambree responded, rising quickly. She paused, waiting for Shetani to make a move.

Shetani dropped to one knee, tapping the floor thrice, signaling submission. "Sorry, I'm out."

Ambree blinked. "...What?"

"I'm out." Shetani repeated. "I bow to your skills. This fight is yours."

"... Well, I guess that's it." Keris said after a moment. "Winner, Ambree."

"...You didn't even try," Ambree accused.

Shetani shrugged. "Maybe I'm not feeling well. Don't read too much into it."

"...Alright," Ambree replied, still perplexed.



© 2009 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on September 6, 2009


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher