Micah

Micah

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is completely the writing of my friend. (Hint: pay attention to this dude.)

"

Niqi took a seat at the bar, Ambree beside her. "Get me a glass of blood." She said to the bartender.

"Water for me." Ambree added. "Gotta keep our wits about us." She whispered, nudging Niqi with her elbow. "I think somebody's here. And not someone we're looking for..."

Niqi nodded slightly. "I smell him. He smells like demon blood... and vampire ash."

"What does that make him?" Ambree asked. "A hunter?"

Niqi took her drink from the bartender, not answering. She stole a glance toward the polished steel of a hanging sword on the wall nearby, catching a glimpse of the man in the corner of the bar. The dark-furred wolf had his bare hindpaws propped up on the table in front of him, his chair leaned back, almost to the point of falling. A black and red bandana was tied around his left ankle. A short, wide-brimmed hat - lined with sharp fangs - was tilted far enough forward to shield his eyes from the bar's lights. His eyes were closed, and Niqi could tell by his slow, steady breathing that he was asleep. "... He sure smells like a hunter."

Ambree cast a quizzical toward her friend. "Isn't that a good thing, though?"

"No." Niqi responded, turning to shoot a steely glare at Ambree. "He is a vampire hunter. And guess what I am? A vampire. Hunters don't care whether a vampire's on the side of good or evil; they usually attack first and ask questions later."

Ambree went silent, staring into the glass of water in front of her. "... What if Dham was here?" She finally asked.

Niqi shrugged. "If you want to wake him up and ask him if he's seen Dham, be my guest."

"I think I will." Ambree said, getting up and walking over to the hunter. "Hey, wake up." She muttered, tweaking one of the wolf's ears.

A scarlet eye opened to glare at her from beneath the shadow of the wolf's hat. "Whaddaya want, girl? Why the hell are you disturbing my nap?"

"I'm looking for someone." Ambree stated. "A gargoyle boy. Thin, kind of shy, rather bat-like. Have you seen him anywhere?"

The wolf's scarlet eye closed again. "Your friend's in a bar further inland. Now buzz off, you knocked me out of a nice dream and I'd like to get back to it."

Ambree nodded, turning to head back to the bar. "Thanks, uh..."

"Micah." The wolf muttered. "Now, please stop talking to me."

Ambree sat back down beside Niqi. "He said Dham's further-"

"I heard him." Niqi cut her off, getting up. "Come on, let's go find him."



© 2009 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on September 2, 2009
Last Updated on September 5, 2009


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher