Glide and Icarcti

Glide and Icarcti

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is completely the writing of my friend.

"

Glide shrugged off his vest, letting it drop to the ground. He lifted Befara, his nodachi, and strapped the scabbard to his back. "Don't be shy, Befara. Sing." He whispered, drawing the blade. As the long sword slid from the scabbard, it emitted a single, beautiful note, the sound echoing off into the distance. The immaculately crafted blade sparkled in the moonlight for a moment before a shadow descended, seeming to block all light from reaching only the area around Glide. The sword gave a bone-chilling howl, its blade burning with indigo flames for several seconds. Then, the flames died down, becoming a dark glow. The shadow over Glide vanished, moonlight once again shining upon the Varixian warrior and his blade.

He raised the blade to his face, holding the hilt in his mouth as he slipped a paw into his pocket. He came up with a black leather collar, a metal plate mounted on the front of it reading 'Property of Badty and Icarcti', which he looped around his neck. He glanced over his shoulder at Icarcti, taking the blade out of his mouth and flashing the bat a grin. "Hey, you wanna see somethin' cool?"

"Sure." Icarcti responded, pulling a pair of daggers from the sheaths at his hips. "Go ahead and show off."

Glide turned his gaze back to the group of demons in front of them. "Dark Flash!" He barked, swinging the blade, an arc of energy slicing through the air and blasting a trio of demons more than fifty feet backward, each one landing rather awkwardly and going limp. "I grow stronger with every victory." Glide stated, raising his blade to the sky. "I am my masters' blade!" He declared. "If you threaten them, this place shall be your burial ground!" He lowered the blade, tilting his head to one side, then the other, his neck cracking. "Step forth, let me kill someone tonight!"

"... A bit over the top," Icarcti commented, "but I liked it."

Glide raised an eyebrow. "The hell do you mean, over the top?"

"I said I liked it." Icarcti replied, sidestepping a charging demon without even looking at it. He plunged one of his daggers into the demon's back. "It just seems a little too formal for any normal battle."

Glide shrugged. "I'm gonna keep using it." He said, parrying a claw strike and countering with a lightning-fast decapitation using Magus.

"By the way, nice collar." Icarcti smirked.

"Thanks. Thought you'd get a kick out of it." Glide said, sheathing his weapons and moving in close, grappling with a large, burly minotaur. "Think you're gonna be able to fight in that tournament?"

Icarcti shook his head. "Sorry, I've got things to do."

"Probably for the best." Glide commented, grinning. "I'd probably chicken out if I went up against you." He turned his attention back to the minotaur, slamming it to the ground and driving his knee into its spine.

Icarcti laughed. "And why would you do that? Are you afraid of me?"

"... Yeah, a little bit." Glide admitted. "But that's not the reason. Maybe there was a time when I'd be willing to turn a blade on my master, but that ain't the guy I am now." He hooked an arm around the minotaur's neck, giving it a savage twist. "What say we clean up this rabble? We can catch a movie or two before you head back to your brother. It's on me."

"I was hoping you would say that."



© 2009 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on September 2, 2009


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher