3. Feelings of Truth

3. Feelings of Truth

A Chapter by Avangeline Lightwood
"

(POV Magnus Bane)

"

  I sat in my house that was in Brooklyn, on the now pink couch and stared at the floor. Alec was in my thoughts, and I couldn't get him out. I was so closing to kissing the Shadowhunter... But why did I try? I made a vow never to fall in love with another Mortal ever again. It only led to despair and heartbreak for both of us. That's why I never got serious about anyone and got rid of them if I was.


    I look at my hands. There was something different about Alec. Something new and wonderful. The way my fingertips felt after touching his skin... It was like electricity pulsing through me. His blue eyes, they were amazing. I could look at him all day and not be bored. I lean back on the couch and put my arm over my eyes. But he isn't gay right? There's no way someone like him would be. The Clave really wouldn't accept it. I flop on my back and closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep. I needed to get Alec out of my head. This wasn't right. I couldn't do this again.


  But I wanted to see him again. The thought of him was driving me crazy. I stood up and grabbed my coat, rushing out the door. I knew he wouldn't want to see me after our near kiss last week. I transported to New York, right to the Shadowhunter Institute. I could sense Alec's presence here, somewhere. I prayed their wards would be down again, and they were so it was easy access. It was like fate brought us together, because when I entered, Alec was already there. He looks at me and stops in his tracks.


  His brow furrows. " What are you doing here?" He asks coldly


  I walk over to him and he stiffens. " I want to see you Blue Eyes... Is that so bad?" I ask him, inches from his face.


  He turns his head away. " You should leave before you get caught..."


  I smirk, " I need to talk to you..."


  Alec closes his eyes for a moment. " Well I have nothing to say to you. I hardly know you and you're messing my life up already." He tells me


   I take a step back, a little hurt. " How so?"


  He glares at me, " Jace is hardly talking to me ever since the party. You tried to kiss me even though we just met. I don't need you in my life Magnus Bane. "


  I look down. " Jace huh?" I connect my eyes with Alec's, " So, it's true? You're in love with your parabatai."


  Alec's yes grow wide and he clenches his fists. " Stay out of my business. It doesn't concern you on how I feel about anyone! Especially Jace!" He yells and storms away


   I run after him and grab his arm. " Wait!"


  He yanks his arm away from me. " What do you want with me? I'm just a mortal, it's not like we-" He pauses to think about his words, " Never mind." He starts walking away again


  " What were about to say?" I demand


  Alec shakes his head. " Even if we were to... F-Fall in love..." He practically whispers the word love, " It's not like we would have forever together. I'm just a mortal. You're an immortal." Alec looks at me coldly, " So leave me alone okay...?"


  Alec turns from me and this time I don't stop him. I leave in a flash, thinking about what he said. I was immortal, I have already lived for over 700 hundred years, and Alec is only 18 overall. He's hardly lived, yet he will never see the world as I have. Yet something inside me was so drawn to him still. I couldn't wrap my head around what it was though. I'd had many lovers in the past but none of them made me feel like this. I go back home and see Alec's clothes on the table. He'd have to come here sooner or later to retrieve them.


   I grab a pad of blank paper and draw one of Alec's rune tattoo's. The Deflect rune. This tattoo was on his neck. The image flashes through my head and I drop the pencil. The mark starts to look like it's glowing and I get a bad feeling. Like this was telling me something... Something has happened to Alec.


 



© 2014 Avangeline Lightwood


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohh very spenseful, i like.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Avangeline Lightwood

10 Years Ago

Chapter Four is posted

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on January 10, 2014


Author

Avangeline Lightwood
Avangeline Lightwood

The Institute of New York



About
My name is Avangeline Delarosa I love writing, drawing manga, and reading. I usually get my inspirations for stories from music. If you ever need help coming up with a story title or plot you can ask .. more..

Writing