7. Friday Night

7. Friday Night

A Chapter by Avangeline Lightwood
"

It is finally Friday night. Alec and Magnus' date night!

"

    It was finally Friday night and Alec Lightwood was getting ready for his first date ever. Alec had never thought he would get a date. With Magnus Bane especially. The Shadowhunter looks at himself in the full length mirror, hoping his dress attire was appropriate for where ever Magnus had planned for them to go. Alec had put on a white V-neck shirt and black jeans with his leather jacket over top the shirt. He was wearing his Shadowhunting boots because he didn't really own anything else, Alec had taken the chains off them though. Before he left he went over to his desk and pulled the poem out and grabbed the feather quill.


He was like this hybrid,


this mix


A man who wouldnt contain himself


  Alec writes down. He smiles and tucks the poem away again, walking over to his bedroom door. He peaks out and slips down the hallway carefully. Alec felt bad about hiding this from Isabelle, but he knew if he told her, she would freak out and redress Alec completely. He would tell her if things went well, and Alec hoped they would. Once Alec is at outside the doors of the Institute, there's a flash of light and a figure appears on the walkway.


  " Magnus!?"


  The Warlock grins and walks over to his date. " Surprise! I decided I would come get you instead of making you take a trip to Brooklyn." Magnus says


  Alec blushes a bit and smiles, " S-So where are we going?" He asks


  Magnus takes his hand, " I'm taking you to a few places. The first place is a small restaurant I have heard about. Apparently they have amazing food there."


  ~~~


  When they walk into the restaurant, heads turn their direction. People begin to murmur and whisper about them immediately. Alec began to fret they were doing this because he and Magnus were holding hands, but then he realized Magnus had let go. Three waitresses rush over to them, shoving and pushing each other until a red head makes it to them first.


  " Welcome! I'm Cassey and I will be your waitress!" She says cheerfully, " Follow me to you booth!"


  The other waitresses scowl at Cassey as she leads Magnus and Alec to a nearby booth. Magnus takes Alec's jacket for him and hangs it up on a coat hook then sits in front of Alec. Cassey looks at them, beaming, as she hands them the menus then she scurries away. Alec glances at Magnus as he studies the menu.


  " Um... I-I don't really know what's good or not... So maybe you can... Order for me?" Alec asks, a little embarrassed.


  Magnus looks up at him and smiles, " I've been here before, so of course I can."


  When Cassey returns she takes their menus and Magnus places their order. Even though Magnus was talking, she kept looking at Alec, smiling a bit each time he saw her. Once she left, Alec relaxed. The Warlock reaches over the table and takes the Shadowhunters hand into his once more.


  " So," Magnus begins, " Tell me about yourself."


  Alec shifts a bit, " Like what?"


  The Warlock shrugs, " Anything and everything of course."


  Alec's eyes flicker up and meet Magnus' before he looks at the table. He takes a deep breath and launches into his story about how his father hated him because Alec wasn't like other Shadowhunter children. He had been clumsy and forgetful, always neglecting his Shadowhunter training. His sister, Isabelle, was always the star and his father was proud of her. So Alec began to actually try, he wanted his fathers praise too. He would show up to all his training sessions and even watch the adult hunters on demon killings. He tried to not get in their way and stayed hidden while observing. But no matter how well he did, his father never paid him any attention. A few years later there was talk that Alec's mother, Maryse, was going to have another child.


  Robert was excited for this, maybe his youngest son would be better, and not a disappointment. So, Max was born, and he was just as disappointing as Alec was, but Robert loved him anyways. Robert trained Max himself, tried to make him the best. But Max was always wanting to watch his brother Alec and his training classes. When the news came that Alec and Jace were going to be Parabatai, Robert was delighted but also worried for the Wayland child. He didn't want his clumsy son to slow Jace down, but he never did. Once they became Parabatai, Alec got better at hunting, he was even assigned a demon hunt. The Clave said they wanted Max to observe his older brothers hunt, so Alec brought his little brother with him.


  During Alec's hunt, a cloaked figured had appeared. The figures face wasn't visible and moved quickly and swiftly over to Max Lightwood. Alec was involved with the demon, and tried to run over to Max, but the demon attacked Alec, knocking him down, making him incapable of reaching Max in time. The hooded figure grabbed Max by the throat and held him in the air, pulling out a sword and killing the boy right in front of Alec's eyes. Robert never forgave Alec and never spoke to his oldest son again. So Alec never forgave himself either.


  When Alec finished talking, he looks up at Magnus, who was leaning forwards, eyes wide, and hand slightly covering his mouth. He squeezed Alec's hand and sighed, looking into the Shadowhunters eyes.


  " I... Oh... Just wow..." For once, Magnus Bane was at a lose for words.


  Alec bites his lip, but before they can say anything more, the waitress returns with their food. Cassey grinned and turned to Alec, slipping a small piece of paper under his plate. Alec frowned a little and unfolded it when she walked away. Magnus craned his neck to try and see.


  " What is it?" He asks


  Alec shakes his head and rips the paper up. " Her phone number."  


  Magnus smiles at him, " Well, let's eat!" He says


 Alec takes a bite of his food and Magnus looks at him intensely, hoping he'll like it. " It's good!" Alec exclaims


~~~


  After eating, Magnus pays the bill and they walk out into the cool night air. The Warlock smiles at the Shadowhunter and holds his hand. Alec blushes and smiles back at Magnus.


  " So where next?" Alec asks


 Magnus hales a taxi and opens the door for Alec. " Club Nocturne." He says


  He closes the door and Alec looks a little panicked, " A-A club? Y-You mean dancing?" Alec stutters


  Magnus chuckles softly, " Yes, Alec, with dancing." 


  When the taxi stops, Magnus opens the door for Alec to get out. In front of them is a small, run down looking building. Nothing fancy at all. It looked abandoned and like rats lived there. Magnus sets a hand on Alec's back, pushing him towards an alley.


  " Wh-Where are we?"


  " Don't worry, the entrance is hidden so Mundane don't find it." Magnus says as they turn the alley corner, revealing a shimmering carpet with bouncers and Downworlders walking in and out.


  Magnus walks to the front of the line, passing by all the other Downworlders. " Magnus! You cant just go to the front of the line like that!" Alec complains


  The Warlock laughs and looks at the bouncer, who nods and lets them inside. Once they get inside, Alec clings close to Magnus, and he wraps his arm around Alec's waist. Vampires turn and look at Alec, smiling and licking their lips. Alec shudders and looks down at Magnus' arm wrapped protectively around his waist.


  " So what do you want to do now?" The Warlock asks


  Alec glances around, " Anything but dancing..."


  Magnus smiles and leads Alec across the dance floor and over to a deserted corner. Lights flashed and the music blared loudly, but the moment Magnus pushed Alec against the wall, the sounds seemed quieter, like Alec and Magnus were somewhere else with background music. Their faces were so close their noses brushed together. Alec's heart was racing against his chest so fast he thought Magnus would be able to hear it over the loud music. Magnus turned his head slightly and their lips brushed together softly.


  Alec decided tonight he wouldn't care if people stared, he just wanted Magnus. He gently wrapped his arms around his dates shoulders, pulling the Warlock closer. His entire body tingled as Magnus hands moved down to his hips. The kiss started out gentle and sweet, but Magnus decided he wanted more from the kiss. Shivers were sent down Alec's spine as Magnus ran his tongue along his lips, coaxing them open. Alec parted his lips slightly and gasped softly when he felt Magnus' tongue on his. He places his hand under Alec's jawline, exploring the young Shadowhunters mouth.


  Alec cupped his hand on the back of the Warlocks neck and took in the sweet scent of him. It was intoxicating and Alec was afraid he wouldn't want to let go. Downworlders were definitely staring at them, but neither one cared. Awhile later Magnus pulls away, catching his breath. He twines his fingers with Alec's and smiles. Magnus takes his date over to one of the booths at the club and sits next to him this time.


  " So, am I making this a perfect first date for you?" Magnus asks, cuddling his head against Alec's neck.


  The Shadowhunter lets out a breathy sigh and nods, " The most perfect date."


  Magnus smiles and brings Alec's hand up to his lips, kissing his palm. When he looks at his hand, he see's a scare from the Stele. He loved Alec's scars though, it made Alec who he was. Someone who protected all walks of life from demons. Magnus cups Alec's face in his hands and lifts the Shadowhunters face up so he's staring into Alec's wide blue eyes.


  " You're so beautiful Blue Eyes." Magnus says, causing Alec's face to turn bright pink.


  " No where near as much as you are." He replies softly


  After much talking and a few drinks, Magnus and Alec decide it's time to return. When they return to the Institute, they stand in front of the door for awhile, holding hands. Alec looks up at Magnus, staring into his yellow eyes.


  " I had a great time tonight." He says


  Magnus grins, " So did I. I'm glad I was a sufficient first date."


 Alec shakes his head and smiles back at him, " It was the best date ever."


  The Shadowhunter reaches up and kisses Magnus' lips softly before opening the front door of the building. He glances over his shoulder at Magnus.


  " Goodnight Bane." He says with a hint of a laugh


  " Goodnight Blue Eyes." Magnus replies before Alec disappears into the Institute.


  The Warlock vanishes from the front steps and back to his house in Brooklyn. Alec running to his room and pulling out the poem.


  I always got the sense that he came torn between being a good person


and...


Missing out on all of the things that life of offered a man as magnificent as him.


And in that way I understood him


  Alec sighs and smiles. His first date with Magnus was a success. Hopefully he wouldn't have to wait long before seeing him again.

 

 





© 2014 Avangeline Lightwood


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The chapter was sensual,as expected but also emotional (Alec's family history) which was a pleasant surprise. Also I thought it had quite a place in plot development of your novel. I think I can learn do's and dont's of novel writing if I keep on reading this. Thsnks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 11, 2014


Author

Avangeline Lightwood
Avangeline Lightwood

The Institute of New York



About
My name is Avangeline Delarosa I love writing, drawing manga, and reading. I usually get my inspirations for stories from music. If you ever need help coming up with a story title or plot you can ask .. more..

Writing