9. Telling Isabelle

9. Telling Isabelle

A Chapter by Avangeline Lightwood
"

Alec tells his sister Isabelle about the date he had with Magnus. After that, he meets Magnus at a local bar.

"

    " You should tell her." Magnus said over the phone


  Alec sighed and leaned back in his chair, " I know I should. Isabelle already knows about me, and she doesn't hate you."


  Magnus scoffs, " Well, that's reassuring."


  The Shadowhunter smiles and switches the phone to his other ear, " Okay, I'll tell her when she's done her training. Which is in about ten minutes." Alec says


  " So, I was thinking, your birthday is coming up soon right?" Magnus asks


  Alec nods to himself, " Yeah it is. Why?"


  The Lightwoods had never made a big deal about birthdays, they thought it was a stupid Mundane thing to do. So all that happened on birthdays in their family was the gift of a new weapon. That was all, not even a party.


  " Well, I was thinking about throwing a party, but I know how much you hate parties and being the center of attention... So I thought I would take you to the beach." Magnus tells Alec


  Alec bites his lip and grins, " The beach?" He says cooly, " Yeah sure, why not? Sounds like fun."


  The blue eyed boy looks up at the clock, Isabelle would be out of training by now, " I'll call you later, Issy is done with practice by now." He said


  Magnus said good bye and they hung up. Alec takes a deep breath and stands up, walking out into the hall to search for Isabelle. He checks her room first. Alec opens the door a little and peers inside. The room was quiet and empty, no sign of Isabelle here. He closes the door and turns around to walk down the hall. Alec walked over to the practice room and called Isabelle's name, but the only response was his echo in the large room. He sighs and turns around and checks the library next, he pushes the large door open and slips inside. He glances around and see's someone sitting at a table near the window.


  Isabelle.


  Alec makes his way over to her, pulling a chair out in front of her. She looks up at him as he sits down and smiles, then looks back at her book. They both sit there for awhile in silence as Alec collected the courage to tell her.


 " Isabelle?" Alec mumurs


 She glances over her book, " Hmm?"


 " Can we talk?" He asks


  Isabelle smiles, " We are talking."


  Alec rolls his eyes and shakes his head. " I need to tell you something is what I mean."


  " Alright." Issy says, closing the book and setting it off to the side. " What's up?"


  Alec sits there a moment longer, shifting uneasily. " It's about Magnus Bane."


  Isabelle raises an eyebrow, intrigued. " Oh really. What about him?"


  Alec pulls at a loos thread on his sweater, " Him and I have been hanging out recently..."


 She leans back in her seat and crosses her arms, " Alright so?"


  " So... Me and him... Well... We're kind of... Um... You know..." Alec stammers


  Isabelle tilts her head then her eyes grow wide when she connects the dots. " Ohhh!" She squeals, " I get it!!!"


  A blush crosses Alec's cheeks and he looks up at her, " Please keep it a secret. No one else knows except you. I want to keep it that way for now, okay?"


  Issy nods wildly, " Of course! Of course!" She smiles widely, " Soooo, have you two gone on an official date yet!?"


  Alec shrinks in his chair, " Yeah... Last Friday..."


  " Where did he take you?" Isabelle asks, leaning forwards.


  " H-He took me out for dinner, then he brought me to Club Nocturne."


  Isabelle crosses her arms on the table, " Did he kiss you?"


  " Isabelle!!!" Alec hisses with embarrassment


  She ignores him and rolls her eyes, " Well did he!?"


  The blush on Alec's face deepens, " Y-Yes..."


  Isabelle squeals again, " Oh my gosh! Your first kiss!!!"


  Alec stares at her, " H-How did you know!?"


  " It's sooo obvious you have never been in a relationship, let alone kissed anyone!"


  Alec shakes his head and stands up, " Just keep it a secret. And keep it a secret that I'm going to meet up with him right now."


  Isabelle smiles and nods, " My lips are sealed!"



~~~~~


   Magnus Bane sat at the bar he and Alec planned to meet at. The Warlock had already ordered for them and continued to wait for Alec. When he was officially five minutes late, Magnus began to worry. What if a demon attacked him? What if the talk with Isabelle didn't go right? And worst of all, what if Alec didn't like Magnus anymore? The Warlock tapped his manicured nails on the table, staring at the door. A couple of the Mundanes in the bar looked at him like he was insane, but he just ignored them. When the door opened, Magnus straightened up, hoping it was Alec, but it was just a female Mundie.


  Suddenly the room went dark and Magnus gasped as someone's hands went over his eyes. There was a soft laugh before the room became light again.


  " I got you there." Alec said as he sat beside Magnus


  The Warlock flashes his cat eyes at Alec and shakes his head. " Where were you? I was worried something happened to you!"


  " I'm six minutes late." Alec replies, " I was just talking to Isabelle and she took it really well. Too well almost."


  Magnus smiles and reaches over the table and holds Alec's pale hand. The pale Shadowhunter stares at their entwined hands. His complexion was so pale and fair compared to the Warlock's soft milk chocolate skin. Magnus squeezes Alec's hand, snapping him out of his thoughts. He looked at him a little worriedly.


  " Are you okay Alec?" Magnus asks


   Alec nods quickly, " Yeah I'm fine. Sorry, I just zoned out for a moment."


   Their eyes lock, yellow green to beautiful blue. Magnus leaned forwards until their faces were close. Alec's eyes flutters and closed. He could feel Magnus' breath on his lips, and waited for the Warlock to kiss him. Magnus moved his hand onto Alec's knee, moving his hand up his thigh slowly. The Shadowhunter tensed a little bit, but soon relaxed when Magnus' lips brushed his ever so lighty. Alec went to move into the kiss but Magnus had already pulled away. The boys eyes opened quickly and stared at the Warlock.


  Magnus grinned and stood up, extending his hand out for Alec, " Let's dance."


  Alec took Magnus' hand, " You know I can't dance."


  The Warlock looks into Alec's eyes, " I'll teach you." He says as he pulls the boy to the dance floor during a slow song.


  Alec's heart flutters in his chest when Magnus pulls him close against his body. He takes Alec's hands and puts them on his shoulders, then places his own hands on Alec's waist. They got a few odd looks from the other dancers but didn't pay them any attention.


  " This is an easy dance. Just shift your feet a bit." Magnus says in Alec's ear.


  Alec nodded and moved his feet whenever Magnus did. A small smile crept across his face, " I'm doing it. I'm dancing." He says


  Magnus laughs, " Yes. You are."


  The Shadowhunter looks up at Magnus and smiles and gets a smile in return. They stare into each others eyes, and Magnus pulls Alec even closer to him. Alec's breath hitches slightly at the sudden closeness of their bodies. The Shadowhunter closes his eyes and cranes his neck up, wanting Magnus to kiss him. The Warlock grinned and leaned down, but before there lips touched, he saw something in the corner of his eye. Magnus looks up and see's a vampire lurking in the shadows of the bar. Alec slowly opens his eyes to look at Magnus in confusion, but soon notices he's looking at something. Alec follows the Warlocks gaze and spots the vampire watching them.


  " Do you know him...?" Alec asks warily


  Magnus shakes his head, " No. I've never seen him before."


  The Vampire's eyes flash blood red and suddenly all the Mundanes in the bar freeze. The only ones moving were Magnus, Alec, and the Vampire. The Vampire's eyes focused directly on Alec and he began to move towards them. Magnus grabbed Alec's wrist and swung him behind him so he was standing in between Alec and the Vampire. Blue sparks crackled from the Warlocks fingertips, he was about to say a spell, but the Vampire disappeared with a blur.


  " Nngh!!!" Alec chokes out as the Vampire appears behind him, wrapping his arm around the Shadowhunters throat.


  Magnus raises his hands inline with the Vampires face, but the bloodsucker shakes his head, " I wouldn't do that if I were you, or your darling boyfriend won't survive."


  Magnus narrows his eyes at the Vampire but keeps his hands raised, just extinguishing the sparks.


  " Who are you? What business do you have with us?" Magnus hisses


  The Vampire smirks, " My Master wants this beautiful blue eyed boy. Ever since you kissed this Shadowhunter, he's been all the rage for the Downworlders. He's the talk of every gathering."


  " What? Why would that be?" Magnus demands, trying to keep his voice steady


  " No Warlock has ever taken a male Shadowhunter as their lover before. Now that you have, all Downworlders want to know what is so special about a mortal boy." The Vampire venoms the word mortal.


  Alec's eyes flicker with anger and hurt. He slowly reaches down to his belt and delicately reaches for his daggers. Magnus keeps eye contact with the Vampire, distracting him from Alec grabbing the blades. He raises the dagger to the Vampire's stomach without him noticing, and plunges it into him. Alec runs over to Magnus while the Vampire screeches in response. Both knew the dagger would only slow the Vampire down for a short time. Magnus grabs Alec's hand and leads him outside, once they exit the bar, the Mundanes go back to normal.


  The Vampire chases after them, he's right on their tail when Alec trips and crashes to the ground. The Vampire jumps at the chance, literally, and seizes the Shadowhunter. One arm around his waist and the other gripping his jaw. Magnus growls at the Vampire when he does this, and the sparks crackle around Magnus' hands uncontrollably. The Vampire sniffs and his eyes go blood red. Alec's hand was bleeding from falling. Magnus' eyes grow wide when he see's this, and his heart begins to race as he tries to think how he can get Alec away from the Vampire.


   He inhales the sweet scent of the Shadowhunters blood and grabs Alec's wrist. The Vampire gazes at the crimson blood, but Alec snaps his arm down, trying free himself from the stronger males grasp. While the Vampire struggles with Alec, Magnus creeps around them, but the Vampire is too fast. He pushes Alec against the wall and knocks him unconscious.


  " Alec!" Magnus yells, but the Vampire blocks his way


  The Vampire narrows his eyes and Magnus glares back at him, lifting his hands and sending the sparks into the Vampires shoulder, earning a loud cry of pain. He hisses at the Warlock and attacks him, smashing his head against the concrete which also makes Magnus black out. The Vampire snickers.


  " Stupid Warlock." He mutters as he lifts Alec's body, " Oh, what a shame it would be to let your blood go to waste." The Vampire whispers to Alec as his eyes flicker open.


  He grabs Alec's chin and makes eye contact with the blue eyed boy, immobilizing him. Alec's eyes grow wide when he realizes he can't move his body, and his breath quickens in fear. Was this going to be his last night as a Shadowhunter? Was this Vampire going to turn him!?


 



© 2014 Avangeline Lightwood


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What took you so long to make this chapter public. I haveso longed to read this. Anyhow, the first isgood, very natural. And the later half? Well I've just started to get the whole supernatural concept :-D. The suspence towards the end is nail-biting. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Avangeline Lightwood

10 Years Ago

Awe thanks! Sorry it took forever to get this far! I sort of lost my momentum for The Mortal Instrum.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on February 12, 2014
Last Updated on February 14, 2014


Author

Avangeline Lightwood
Avangeline Lightwood

The Institute of New York



About
My name is Avangeline Delarosa I love writing, drawing manga, and reading. I usually get my inspirations for stories from music. If you ever need help coming up with a story title or plot you can ask .. more..

Writing