Transition

Transition

A Chapter by TinaSummer

 

  

        Kyong-Wook quietly walked down the leaf filled path. The crunching sounding behind him as he walked. The night quietly sneaking up on him. He thought back to what his mother’s book said about moonlighters.

“Moonlighters are people of the night. They love the moon.” Kyong-Wook looked to the night sky. The moon was glowing. Kyong-Wook sighed. He sighed and looked up at the moon. Kyong-Wook closed his eyes, held out his arms, and took a deep breath in. Kyong-Wook silently crept back into his room. He pulled out his book that held all his notes. He started to right.

 

 

June 1st, 1747

I went out into the night tonight. At first it felt cold. Then it felt good, the feeling of night air surrounding me. It made me feel different. I felt as if the night was where I belonged. I now know what I must do.

 

Kyong-Wook stopped writing and started to pack his stuff. “I must do what’s right.” He said before climbing out of his window and headed out in to the night.

 

Soo-young sat down on the stone floor. “Good job soo-young.” Her trainer, Kyu-sung said. Kyu-sung handed her a bottle of water. “Thank you.” Soo-young said. “So how does it feel to be a warrior?” Kyu-sung asked. Soo-young sighed and shrugged. “I don’t know.” She said. “I mean it’s amazing that I’ve been called on, but I’m scared. I’m scared that I’ll disappoint him.” She said. “Your father will never be disappointed. He picked you for a reason.” Kyu-sung said.

 

The door to the room suddenly opened and soo-young’s parent came in with another person. As they got closer soo-young recognized the person as the boy who she met in her woods a few nights ago. “What is he doing here?!” She exclaimed. Her parents were taken aback by her outburst. “Kim Soo-young! Where are your manners?” Her father asked. “My apologies father. But why are you bringing a sunlighter into our home?” Soo-young asked. “If you must know. Kyong-Wook here has made the decision to become a moonlighter.”



© 2015 TinaSummer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on September 16, 2015
Last Updated on November 15, 2015