Scarlets destiny

Scarlets destiny

A Chapter by TinaSummer

Starlets Destiny

 

                Kyong-Wook paced back and forth. Its been an hour since he left Soo-young's side. He was getting worried. "Kyong-Wook." Kyu-sung called. Kyong-Wook stopped pacing and turned around. "Who are you?" He asked. "I'm Kyu-sung. I have news about soo-young." He said. "She's awake. But i she's a little dazed. “Kyu-sung said. “Can I see her?" Kyong-wook asked. Kyu-sung nodded.

          Kyong-wook and Kyu-sung made their way to the bedroom. Soo-young sat on the bed with a cloth over her head. "Soo-young." Kyong-wook said, running over to her. The pale girl looked at kyong-wook. "I heard that you were the one who saved me. Is that true?" She asked. Kyong-wook nodded. "Thank you." She said. "You're welcome." He said.  Soo-young sat up and removed the covers around her. “I think I’m going to go for a walk.” She said. “Are you sure?” Her mother asked. She nodded. “I won’t be long.”

 

Soo-young quietly pranced around the library, sliding her finger along the bookshelf, stopping when she found what she was looking for. She removed the book from the shelf.  Soo-young looked at the now red moon tattoo on her wrist and flipped to the page that had the same picture.

“Fire tattoo, Eclipsee’s birthmark, or more commonly known as the scarlet Marking. The history behind this tattoo is gruesome.  Long ago before the Sunlighters and moonlighters were separated, there was a time when we were once the Eclipsee’s. There were two kingdoms, one being the Sunlight kingdom and the other being moonlight.  They both had children. Now although the sunlighters and moonlighter got along they were not supposed to mate. The moonlight kings daughter and the sunlight kings son had a secret relationship. Years later, the two kingdoms found out and tried to tear the two apart. But it was too late, the two had already had a child. That child had a red moon tattoo. The moonlight king blamed the sunlight kingdom for the child’s existence. That caused a war between the kingdoms. Thousands of people died and the two kingdoms were separated.

As for the child it is said that she grew up to be a scarlet warrior. She found others like her and created a group of scarlets.”

 A loud bang from the left side of the room brought Soo-young out of her thoughts. She stuffed the book into her bag and looked around the corner of the bookshelf. “What are you doing?” Soo-young yelped and turned around. Kyu-sung held up his hands. “Sorry didn’t mean to scare you.” He said. Soo-young caught her breath. “What are you doing out of bed? You should be resting.” He said. “How can I rest when my parents are hiding something from me?” she asked. “What do you mean?” Kyu-sung asked. “Hear look.” She pulled the book out of her bag and showed Kyu-sung the page. “It says that there was a girl who had a red moon tattoo. A scarlet tattoo. Now I have a red tattoo. Do you know what this means?” She asked. “That you need some rest.” Kyu-sung said. “No. Something’s not right Kyu-sung and I’m going find out what it is.” She said. “Look, I’m glad that you want to find out why you have a red tattoo, but I think you should just leave it alone and focused on what’s important here.” “And what is that?” soo-young asked. “Getting better so I can train you. You can look into this later. But right now you need to focus on betting Kyong-wook.” Soo-young rolled her eyes. “I know what’s important and I want to know if I’m a scarlet or not.” 



© 2015 TinaSummer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 30, 2015
Last Updated on October 31, 2015