Alaska 2013/07/27

Alaska 2013/07/27

A Chapter by TravelinAlaskan
"

Journal entry 2013/07/27, 28, 30, 02, 03, 04

"
2013/07/27
The 5kw hydro electric plant needs a new shaft and bearing set, so I have taken it apart and prepped it for the new parts. It is so cool and simple; I will half to bild one of these some day.
2013/07/28
Mail plane was on time today and Jayson was on it, looks like I won't make it in to town today either.

2013/07/30
Made it into town today. Had a grate floatplane ride out. The skies where clear and the sun was out and shining brightly.  

2013/08/02
I'm on my way back to the loge this after noon. The wether is a bit bad but it looks like I'll make it out.
      This flight in was a roller coaster ride for the first half of the tripe, at one point we where flying at a 120 ft above the ocean. 

2013/08/03
Hydro electric plant is reassembled and running great. I have electricity again!

2013/08/04
Jayson and I put the gill net out in the hope to get some salmon to put up in the smoke house and for dinner. 
   By this evening we cot a fore so we will have one for dinner and freeze the rest. Well put it out again early tomorrow morning and check it in the after noon. 
   


© 2015 TravelinAlaskan


Author's Note

TravelinAlaskan
What do you think of all this? Should I continue it through the end of the season or stop while I'm ahead.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on December 6, 2015
Last Updated on December 6, 2015


Author

TravelinAlaskan
TravelinAlaskan

I don't live in a city, or even the town, there aren't even roads where I live, my car is a boat., AK



About
I've never been any good at this part but here it goes. I was born on an island in Southeast Alaska with a population of 15,000 and an airport that wasn't even on the same Island. While I was growi.. more..

Writing