Alaska 2013/09/04

Alaska 2013/09/04

A Chapter by TravelinAlaskan
"

Journal entry 2013/09/04, 6, 13.

"
2013/09/04
It has bin a couple exiting days hear on the Moose hunt. On the first day we found a nice 60+ inch class bull Moose and got to do a stock on it but no shots where fired. Wile we where on the stock we had a brown bear come up behind and run by us within fifteen yards. Then there was a big, Wolf seen and one more nice Moose that we hope to be able to find agin tomorrow.  


2013/09/06
What is a perfect day? Hmmm I'll try to describe it. A perfect day is sitting on a hill top watching the sunrise, casting brilyent coolers of pinks, orange and reads over a valley of lakes and trees. Loons calling to one another with there soft twills, from the same lakes. A few squirrels, one on a tree branch, another on the ground rustling threw leave looking for a place to hide this years crop of preserves. A little latter in the day the sun would be out in its full blaze with just the odd cotton boll of a cloud passing by and the softest breeze to give you reprieve from its heat. A Ravins call to its fried off in the distance, and then, a answer to his cell. Flocks of giant cranes would be soaring hundreds of feet over head calling to one another with voices so clear it sounds as if their mere feet from where you sit. This perfect day was this day, September, eighth, in the year of Two thousand and thirteen.


2013/09/13
Well it's bin so bizy the last three days I haven't bin doing much weighting, so ill try to fill you in now. Wile I was in Moose camp it was 0600 hrs morning; get out of the sleeping bag, pull down the close from the prevues day hopping that they dried some. Once you gained some of your cognisunts, it's down to the mess tent for breakfast then up the mountain for another day of grassing for Moose; but by the ind of this hint we will have gone seven days without seeing any animals minus a Bare and some birds. Then back to camp to hang wet close and back to the mess tent for dinner and back to bed to get reddy to do it all over once agin. 
    Some of the big hi lights of this hunt where, we got to fly out to the lake in a Turbin Otter, one of the grate bush plans of Alaska.  It's mostly used for shuttle flits and it's a plane that is at home with short take offs and landings, even with a pay lode of over two thousand Libra. Another hi light was on the first day of hunting. We finished breakfast and started back to the tents to get the gear and packs for a day of grassing when Keith, the client, spotted a Moose on the opiset side of the lake that we camp on. After a few minuets of looking at this guy we dissided that this bull wasn't the one Keith wonted,he has just to small. Then as we where where just reddy to head up the hill Jeff,the other aprentis guide, looked over across the lake and saw a secant Moose and this one was big!
     There was no way to get to him from where we wher so up and over the mountain we go. Once there we could get a even better look at this Moose and what a Moose he was, we estimated him to have antlers 65 to 68 inches wide.  Yes this was the one! First day and in camp, how can it get any better, aspeshuly for Jeff and me how are going to be carrying this animal that may way twelve hundred Libra back to camp. So we starte the stock and get to a point that the trees are getting thick enuf that a longer shot is going to be difficult at best, so now it's time to have him come to us. A cupola Moose calls latter and hear hi comes seven hundred yards, six hundred yards, five hundred yards, fore hundred and seventy five yards and he stops. O no! Why! Did he see something? Can he smell us? He's just out of range, one hundred yards is all we need for a perfect shot. Then he turns and walks a way never giving us a nuther chance at even a long shot. We never saw a nuther big bull for the next eight days.  
    The last big hi light of the Moose hunt was fishing for Northern Pike. Jeff and I cot six nice Pike of about eighteen to twenty inches, two of wich we had for dinner one evening. But the last Pike I hooked was almost thirty six inches, a very nice fish but I was un able to land that one. 


© 2015 TravelinAlaskan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on December 21, 2015
Last Updated on December 21, 2015


Author

TravelinAlaskan
TravelinAlaskan

I don't live in a city, or even the town, there aren't even roads where I live, my car is a boat., AK



About
I've never been any good at this part but here it goes. I was born on an island in Southeast Alaska with a population of 15,000 and an airport that wasn't even on the same Island. While I was growi.. more..

Writing