Alaska 2013/08/29

Alaska 2013/08/29

A Chapter by TravelinAlaskan
"

Journal entry 2013/08/29, 30, 31, 01

"
2013/08/29
I'm still in town for a few more days; I won't leave for Iliamna tell the secant of September. So I did some running around today playing with my spot and the I-pad to try to lurn how to get full use of the device. I called some of my friends today and had some grate conversations with them. The wether last night and today has bin bad, rain with wind gust of up to fifty mph. 

2013/08/30
Went mettle detecting today and found some GRATE stuff. I cal it cleaning up WWII, but I'm just detecting WWII stuff. This time out I found two wheat cents from WWII and I thought that was as good as it was then I found a fully loaded clip for an M1 Garand  :o no way! Then I found a brass instruction plate from the eight inch gun they blue up at the end of the war. I also got sum more bullet cassis with head stamps ranging from 1933 to 1943. Very cool!  

2013/08/31
When's to the fair/rodeo; it was all a fair should be. In the rodeo, they did bronc riding, bull riding, calf roping, berrol raising, the works it was a lot of fun and I bumped into Katie, an old friend from childhood, and two of her girls. 

2013/09/01
This has bin a good weak for Alaska, we have had an eruption of the Veniaminof volcano that created a fifteen thousand foot hi ash cloud and a 7.0 earth quake with 6.4 and 4.0 after shocks near Adak. And to Finnish off the day, I was out in the bush doing my normal thing, pictures and exploring, and what would I find? How about a un fired three inch WWII artillery round! cool!


© 2015 TravelinAlaskan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on December 19, 2015
Last Updated on December 21, 2015


Author

TravelinAlaskan
TravelinAlaskan

I don't live in a city, or even the town, there aren't even roads where I live, my car is a boat., AK



About
I've never been any good at this part but here it goes. I was born on an island in Southeast Alaska with a population of 15,000 and an airport that wasn't even on the same Island. While I was growi.. more..

Writing