Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 2: The Hideout

Chapter 2: The Hideout

A Chapter by Anonymous

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter 2: The Hideout.



Ewa eventually arrived at an old stone house a few weeks after she escaped from the dungeon. She was in hiding now, but it was just like old times. She snuck around in her old hood's coat, and her big black boots. She was staying at her old hood's hideout with a few of her delinquent friends.
"Mark! Gimme a pint, will ya?" she shouted. She slammed her elbows onto the wooden table and waved her hand around. Ewa had an extremely abnormal accent. When she spoke, she never spoke properly. When she said ye, it sounded like "yeh". And ain't, "ayn't". She had very wolvish behavior, and was a bit of a pyromaniac.
"Comin' up, Bend!" Mark called, in that voice that was as smooth as water but sharp as glass. Bend was Ewa's hood name.
"Where's Cheat?" Ewa asked Lanny, who sat next to her. Lanny's face was covered in thin stubble and dirt. He was a true hood. His eyes were like flames, bright amber with specks of emerald. He had winswept black hair that hung just above his brow in uneven bangs. His chin was thin and chiseled, and his shoulders were broad. He was well muscled.
"Dunno. Cheat likes to stay out late with Runner at the tavern," Lanny said.
"Hey, it's good to have ya back, Bend," Bull said with a grin. "Couldn't ransack much without yer intimidation skills!"
Ewa punched Bull in the arm hard.
"Eh, ye guys would be lost without me!" she laughed, gulping down her mug of rum.
Bull was still rubbing his arm.
"Did ya really hafta slug me so hard? Dang, this hood could bruise a rock if she poked it!" Bull said. All of the hoods laughed.
"Hey, I'm gonna go see that crazy old sorcerer 'bout the lessons. He owes me fer tryin' to kill me!" Ewa said, standing up and dusting off her hood's coat.
"Do ye really want to go out lookin' like a hood? Do ye think they'll just let a criminal into the castle?" Mark exclaimed as he saw Ewa's outfit.
"Your right, Mark! Eh, Lanny! You still got that farm girl's dress I bought?" Ewa called after Lanny, who had already gone to get it. Ewa wasn't ashamed of dressing like a girl. She actually found dresses comfortable. But Ewa was shameless.
"Here, it's the red plaid one," Lanny said, tossing her the dress. She slipped it on and slapped her cheeks to make her look blushing. She widened her eyes and made herself look like a charming farm girl.
"I love seein' ya in that, Bend," said Mark, smirking. "Makes me wanna ask ya to run away with me."
"Like she would go with you, Markie!" Bull laughed. Ewa twirled around and smirked at her made-up charm. She grabbed a basket and left the hideout. Ewa headed to the market and bought some fresh carrots and cabbages.
"Thank you!" she chimed in her high farm-girl voice. She skipped down the path and hitched a ride on a carrige to the castle.
When she arrived to the large door, she was greeted by an armored guard.
"I brought these fresh vegetables for the king's chefs! Straight from my home farm!" she said.
"Of course," the guard replied, obviously attracted to her. "I'll escort you in."
Ewa followed him in the castle doors. He turned to her and scanned his eyes up and down her.
"May I ask your name, mademoiselle?" he asked her, stroking her pale blonde locks. She held back her urge to laugh out loud at herself.
"My name is Vanessa," she said.
"Enchanté, Vanessa," he replied, kissing her hand lightly.
Don't try your French charm with me, buddy. If we were still with the hoods we would beat the crap outta ye, Ewa thought.
As the guard was about to talk again, Ewa leaned in close to the guard's face and stroked his cheek with her fingers.
"Maybe I'll see you again," she whispered into his ear. She lightly pressed her lips against his. She sent a shock through his veins and his lips went cold. He fell from her lips and lay on the ground unconcious.
"Or not," she snickered. She walked through the castle hallways and approached a giant wooden door. She sneered as she remembered the guard that dragged her sickly body to be desintigrated by the sorcerer. Ewa slammed the door open and entered.
"Ah, Ewa," said a deep voice. "You've arrived!"


© 2010 Anonymous




Reviews

I also love the bonds you've created between Ewa and her friends. This chapter was very good and I'm having a lot of fun reading this! Ewa is a cool character... Hehe! I look forward to seeing what happens next!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


hahahah I wish I could do that ... give electrical kisses!
I got a giggle out of that. Thank you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


HAHAHA do't try your french charm with me. I like bonds you created with Ewa and her friends

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2010
Last Updated on March 12, 2010
Tags: Bender, Spirits, fantasy, fiction, book, magic, elves, demons, angels, gods, powers, elements, love, hate, action, adventure


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Son My Son

A Poem by A.Lee