Chapter 6: Realms' Past Part Two

Chapter 6: Realms' Past Part Two

A Chapter by Anonymous

  “I thought I’d never see ye again, Rebeqe! Mother!” Ewa sobbed, laying her head on her mother’s knees. Rebeqe stroked Ewa’s pale blonde hair and smiled.
   “I came to tell you about your friend Realms’ past. I’m quite familiar with his history, you know,” she said. Ewa lifted her head and fixed her gaze on Rebeqe’s beautiful blue eyes.
   “How do ye know so much about him?”
   “Well, I’d hope I know him,” her mother giggled. “Realms is your father’s son. He’s your half-brother.”
   Ewa’s heart felt like it skipped a beat and she gasped for a sudden need of oxygen.
   “Half-brother?” Ewa sputtered.
   Well, that changes how I feel about him... Ewa thought.
   “That explains your attachment to him. I sent you to meet him that day.”
   “Ye were the one who sent me to be executed? Gee, thanks,” Ewa retorted sarcastically.
   “Yes. But you weren't destined to die,” said Rebeqe. “I made sure you had enough energy to counterattack Realms’ blast.”
   “So, who’s my father, eh?”
   Rebeqe let out a sigh.
   “Your father is the Sixth Spirit, Rainfall. He gives you exceeding power, even to the most powerful Benders. I am so proud of you, Ewaan,” she said, kissing Ewa gently on her forehead.
   “What does this have to do with Realms?” Ewa asked.
   “Realms is a sorcerer. He was born in the Spirits’ Spring and was blessed by each of the Six in his first moments of life. Earth blessed him with the power of wisdom; Lightning blessed him with agility and speed; Wind blessed him with adaption and understanding; Fire gave him extreme power; Shadow gave him his ways of overpowering abilities; his father Rainfall blessed him with gentleness and grace.
   “He was the only one ever blessed by every Spirit, and he is destined to hold the power of the Spirits in his palms. But he needs a second half to fulfill the prophecy.”
   “A second half?” Ewa whispered.
   “You’re the second half of the prophecy, Ewaan,” said Rebeqe. Ewa stared at her mother.
   “What are Realms and I supposed to do?”
   “You must defeat the Darkness. But for you two to do that, the Spirits must be summoned.”
   “Wait-” Ewa began; she was cut off by her mother clapping her hands together and murmuring a spell.
   “Alu’ji hanauae aiaey'nan vandae Spiritan!”
   A bright light pierced the darkness from Rebeqe’s palms. Six transparent figures appeared, each holding a different colored flame in its palm. The first one was forest green, and her name was Earth. Standing to the left of her was an electric yellow figure, called Lightning. Next to him was a pure, goddess-white spirit named Wind. The next figure was blazing burgundy red maiden, obviously called Fire. Second to last was a frightening black figure in a large and heavy black cloak, named Shadow. At the very left end of the line of spirits was a strong, lonely blue colored man, Rainfall.
   “The... Six Spirits!” Ewa stammered. Her mother stood up and looked directly at the Spirits.
   “What is the reason that you’ve called us to the mortal world?” said Wind in a kindly but firm tone.
   “Holy Spirits of Odanes,” said Rebeqe, bowing deeply in a highly respectful way and dropping to one knee, her eyes quickly flickering mournfully towards Rainfall. “I beg that you help my daughter and the sorcerer, Realms to fulfill the prophecy that you have all bestowed upon them. I do not doubt that you already have a plan.”
   The Spirits exchanged expressionless glances.
   “We do,” said Lightning, with a nod.
   “We acknowledge your plea. You are worthy,” announced Earth.
   “Shadow will call Realms to our presence so that we may send them to the Underworld,” added Fire, closing her eyes in consideration.
   “Underworld?” Ewa shouted. “What’s going on?”
   “You’ll understand when Realms and you enter the Underworld. I give you my blessing, Ewaan,” her mother said softly.
   Shadow came forth with outstretched arms and drew a spear of gray mist from the ground below, which he lunged out of his own grasp. The spear swirled into another figure, and Realms appeared next to Ewa in replacement of the spear. All of his wounds were gone and he whipped his head around in panic; he momentarily caught sight of the Spirits.
   “The Six Spirits!” he cried. Rainfall was looking considerately at Ewa and Realms, and they both returned the look hesitantly.
   “Father,” Realms muttered. Shadow suddenly lashed out again and sent a cloud of swirling shadows at the two, that surrounded them and made Ewa’s lungs burn. She heard one last thing from her mother before her and Realms plunged into a black hole below them.
   “Please, Ewaan, survive in the Underworld.”



© 2011 Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah man, she did kiss her brother!! lol bummer
well off to the next...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol kissed her half brother! I like this book so far, Imouto chan! I just have to catch up a little =P

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


HA! I was right. I'm proud of that. Great writing

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

609 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2011
Tags: Bender, Spirits, fantasy, fiction, book, magic, elves, demons, angels, gods, powers, elements, love, hate, action, adventure
Previous Versions


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Son My Son

A Poem by A.Lee