Brunch

Brunch

A Chapter by AizenJ
"

We are all in need of a place to belong to.

"

I was getting ready for lunch but I had trouble choosing what to wear and I was procrastinating. Then, suddenly the phone rings...

"Hello? Is this Allan?"

It was a short sentence but when I heard her voice, I thought to myself : Are you an angel? Her voice swifts so soft, gently lands on my ear and the tone of her voice echos like an orchestra.

"Yeah, this is Allan. May I ask who this is?"

"My name is Scarlet. My sister told me about you, I'll see you in a bit, okay?"

I couldn't answer. I just wanted to hear her talk but I had to.

"Yup, can't wait"

I was so tensed and I didn't even know what to do. This is it! I knew that I had to bring my a-game. I started trying on almost every shirt I had and putting on perfume but that wasn't enough, I had to try another pair of shirt and jeans, and I kept changing and changing, I was so nervous. Given that Ivan is my best friend, he figured that I'd be a mess and decided to come over, he was right. I didn't what I was doing, the room was a mess. All my clothes on the bed and on the floor after trying to pick the right clothes to wear. Ivan was no help, he didn't know what to do either. I think he was just there to laugh or entertain himself and as a result I ended up with a plain white shirt, black jeans and snickers. 

So I drove to town and went to Ocha, one of my favorite restaurants. I went in and got us a table. I ordered a lemonade while waiting.

After fifteen minutes she called and said that she's almost at the restaurant 

"I'm so sorry, but I'll there in two minutes."

Knowing that she's already on her way and almost at the restaurant, I started working out a small speech on how I should introduce myselfI started rumbling words out of my mouth, totally forgetting I was at a restaurant. People were looking at me with eyes of judgement, I think some of them even thought that I was crazy.  Everybody was looking at me then I say this...

"What!? Never seen a guy trying to meet a girl before?"

Then I turn away thinking why on earth did I just do that and I just try to block all the comments they were saying. 

Then something caught my attention, from the corner of my eye: I saw a beautiful girl walk into the restaurant. She was brunette, wearing a bonnet, she had long hair, she wore blue jeans, black boots, wearing a jean jacket, and just gorgeous. So beautiful that she just magically and instantly stops time for a second and puts everything in place. Then she started walking and she took of her bonnet, it was her.

The same girl that I saw in the park. 

She starts walking towards me, her hair falls back against the wind and perfectly slides aside. I can smell her, she had this fragrant smell that makes you close your eyes as you sniff. Then she extends her hand and says 

"Hi, I'm Scarlet. it's great to finally meet you!"

But wait, by the way that she just introduced herself. It sounds like she knows who I am. She then later explained that she saw me on the park that day as well and her sister told her about me and that she checked out my social media accounts a couple of times. Then I try to introduce myself and said 

"Hi, I'm Allan." 

So much for practicing. After that epic fail, we sat down and ordered. But she ordered an appetizer, not a meal and the worst thing is: I was so hungry that I wanted to order the chicken or some steak but I ended up ordering a slice of blueberry cheese cake and by the end of it, I was still starving.

But our conversation was a real thrill, I learned a lot about her personal life and I told things I won't even tell Ivan. We had such an amazing time talking that we had to order three more times of what we ordered the first time. I was still hungry, I hope she doesn't judge me. I mean, I'm a big guy! I have to eat. Anyway, we just kept talking and when we had nothing more to talked about, she makes a confession. It was something that she has been dying to tell me since the moment she walked in to the restaurant. it was also something I've been waiting to hear from her all day.

"To be honest, I'm actually starving. Do you want get our of here and get some real food?" 

I started laughing, then she did too because I told her that I was too. We both laughed so hard that we started tearing up.

"Come one, let's get out of here!"

"I thought you'd never ask" 

We payed our bill and got up. When we left the restaurant and went to the parking lot, both of us takes out a car key and unlocks our own cars. Funny thing is, our cars were park side to side. We started laughing again. So we left our cars and decided to walk. While we were walking...

She came close to me,

held my hand.

I looked at her,

saw her amazing smile.

Her eyes matched the color of the sky after a rain.

Her eyes were blue.

In that moment, I just felt all my troubles and worries in life go away and the only thing that mattered most was that moment with her.

All those time spent searching, it was worth it.

Now here she is, beside me, she who now holds my hand and the girl who makes me happy. The first person I see when I open my eyes and still the person I see when I close them to sleep.

I feel invigorated, intoxicated and blessed. For now I know that the life I live is so fulfilling and there is nothing more I could possibly ask for. In the right place, in the right time.




© 2018 AizenJ


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Almighty's mercy tis the same girl...nor the poor guy had to scroll his eyes more on the corners of town!
As per my analysis this Love kinda feeling is the only one which is similar in the whole world....I mean countries may differ from clothing, culinary skills, atmosphere but this legendary feeling Love is same at everywhere.....I loved you short book...huh didn't have to wait days or not too long....Absolutely an amazing read...and Thanks of a cartload for letting me go through this!!
Hope I'll get another amazing in you next book no?!

Posted 5 Years Ago


AizenJ

5 Years Ago

Your kind words flatter me Tahsin, thank you for reading it all the way through. I'm glad you liked .. read more
¿

5 Years Ago

Did you know??


That you're already welcomed!😊
Am waiting for the ne.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
1 Review
Added on July 1, 2018
Last Updated on July 1, 2018


Author

AizenJ
AizenJ

Matrix



About
A teacher by day, a young adult by night and a poet by dawn. more..

Writing
Shadow Shadow

A Poem by AizenJ


Appréciation Appréciation

A Poem by AizenJ


Gloria Gloria

A Poem by AizenJ