Rain

Rain

A Chapter by Vasilees Sybissyl
"

See a rainy evening through the eyes of a heartbroken boy, whose past and future remain a mystery.

"
It was raining, and rain reminded him of her. He had yet to finish his song, but the rain had drenched him in memories of her. Her wet hair in the rain. Her gleaming blue eyes, her lopsided grin, her winning smirk, all came back in flashes. Her love for pups, her calling her tiny dog Snuffles, and calling him love. And how could he forget, all the time they had spent in the little tea shop around the corner, where she'd always order a sweet chamomile and twirl her dark curls subconsciously as they waited for their drinks.

Tea! He picked his own cup of bitter, black one up. She drank sweet tea, and thus, now he always drank it bitter, and willed the bitterness to reach his heart, but her thought shattered in all completely, every time. And for that, he hated her. He hated her so much that he loved her all over again.


© 2017 Vasilees Sybissyl


Author's Note

Vasilees Sybissyl
As I had warned earlier, these are independent excerpts, so I'd love it if you guys thought of a past or a future for my characters. This is the second excerpt. I have one more, in dialogue form that I'm currently working on, and I'll try to post it tomorrow. Also, you may have noticed some references from the first story I published here, An Evening, and they may or may not be on purpose. You decide. And of course, let me know in the comments section down there!

Remember to leave a comment, and of course, how can I forget, thank you so much for reading!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how you write this! You write it in such a way that you have to depend on you imagination. I feel sorry for the poor chap though :) A broken heart is a tragic thing. I'll just hope to myself that he finds healing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

7 Years Ago

I thank you a million times. Yes, I kind of feel for him too. But thank you nevertheless!
Cute, fun to read and powerful :) You write very well :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

7 Years Ago

Thank you very very much, Mr. Writer!! I appreciate it!
I literally can feel what you're portraying him feeling. Simply awe-inspiring and extraordinary.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Protato!! This means the world to me!!
Prototato

7 Years Ago

Awwww, you're welcome. I'm glad to do it. ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2017
Last Updated on March 22, 2017
Tags: love, rain, memories, sad, heartbreak


Author

Vasilees Sybissyl
Vasilees Sybissyl

That Little Cottage, Just 'Round the River Bend, India



About
Welcome to a piece of my soul. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Frozen Cold Frozen Cold

A Poem by Taz