Recipe of Her

Recipe of Her

A Chapter by Vasilees Sybissyl
"

Here's what she's made of.

"

Take a bowl. Make sure it’s not smooth, but scratched, burnt in places, and possibly broken, but put back together, just like her heart. Then you need your base. Get a cupful of curd. Pour in a tablespoon of sweet honey and wait for it to dissolve completely. Taste it to make sure it’s not too sweet, and add half a tablespoon of tamarind in it, to protect the honey. Next up, add different colors, depending on how many of her layers you are willing to explore. Then, pour in a lot of glitter to cover the imperfections in the pan. You pour in a lot of cranberries next, which are sour on the outside and sweet on the inside, just like her tongue. Then add just the tiniest amount of lemon, to remind her of her demons’ words. Blend it, but do not make it smooth.


We come to our glass next. Cover it in chocolate, to comfort her in times of heartbreak. Heat it just a tiniest bit - she’s dangerous, just like a dragon who can devour you whole, you know. Pour in the mixture. Put an umbrella in there to decorate her scars like everybody does, instead of mending them. There you have her.


Don’t drink it in a rush. Take time to understand each layer, each flavour, each taste. The glass may be slippery, but don’t drop it. Please. It’ll take more chocolate to fix it, wouldn’t it? Savour her. Feel her pains, joys, experiences, and only then will she truly have a meaning to you.




© 2017 Vasilees Sybissyl


Author's Note

Vasilees Sybissyl
I tried a new way of writing it this time. Let me know what you think, it'll mean the world to me. I'll always appreciate if you create a backstory for my characters as it's not always complete. Thank you so much for reading, loves!

Love,
Vasilees

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has some great imagery and metaphor. Emotionally powerful stuff. What is this a chapter of?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Alex! This is a chapter of my book called Love - Short Excerpts, which is made up.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 17, 2017
Last Updated on April 17, 2017
Tags: love, heartbreak, sad, fiction, life


Author

Vasilees Sybissyl
Vasilees Sybissyl

That Little Cottage, Just 'Round the River Bend, India



About
Welcome to a piece of my soul. more..

Writing