The Wait

The Wait

A Chapter by Vasilees Sybissyl
"

She waited, he never came. Third chapter from my book, Love - Short Excerpts.

"
At five, he told me he would come over to my place for a play date. I waited, and waited, and waited, but he never did. He apologized to me, and I accepted it.
At six, I threw a birthday party and he was to be the chief guest. I celebrated the party without a chief guest and with lots of tears. But his present was lovely, and I forgave him.
At seven, we decided to host our parents' anniversaries together, but I ended up doing all the work and he took all the credit. But he let me have his desert, and I forgave him.
At eight, we decided to go out for ice-creams. I waited by the stall for  hours, but he never arrived. He apologized and bought me chocolate ice-cream, and I accepted it.
At nine, we had to go to the Mulligans' extremely boring house warming party together, and I ended up trying to choke myself, I was so bored alone.
At ten, I asked him to teach me long division. He called me in the library. I waited and waited, but he never came. He aid he was sorry, and fixed another date, but he brought his friends along, and they made so much noise that we were kicked out of the library, yet I was happy that he tried.
At eleven,  I was scared to start a new school, and he promised he would stay with me, no matter what. But as soon as we stepped onto the school tiles, he ditched me for some of his fellow basketball team members. I was bullied on my first day there. But he returned to my side at dispersal, and I forgave him.
At twelve, we decided to sleepover. I went over to his place, only to find out that he was playing video games with one of his friends and didn't have time for me. Later, he apologized and gave me a teddy bear, and I accepted it. 
At thirteen, I decided to do something about the bullying. I told the person I trusted the most, and told him. As soon as I told him, he showed me his back. But he returned and apologized when I topped the class, and I let him in again.
At fourteen, he promised he'd come to my school concert and support me, but instead, he decided it was not important enough, and took my best friend on a date.
At fifteen, he wanted to plant a garden, and naturally, I came over to help. But he just sat back and played on his phone the whole time. Later, I forgave him because he put a signboard there that said I had planted the garden. But little did I notice that it was gone the next day. 
At seventeen, he asked me out on a date. I waited by the lake, but he never bothered. He said that his car broke down, gave me flowers and apologized, and I accepted.
At eighteen, we planned to buy a house together up in the Northeast of India, which had been my dream since childhood. I'm standing at the railway station, still waiting. Should I wait anymore? Will he come? The answer came to me so abruptly that I almost surprised myself when I said, 
"I'd like one ticket to Meghalaya, please."


© 2017 Vasilees Sybissyl


Author's Note

Vasilees Sybissyl
I tried a new format this time. Tell me what you think! And thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Vasilees. "Consuming all the air from my lungs, Ripping all the skin from my bones, I'm prepared to sacrifice my life, I will gladly do it twice." By Shawn Mendes which I am singing right now after reading this. I am a big fan of yours, that's it!!!!!! What to say, you only tell. I love to read your writings, every time something new! That's not fair! Why are you doing this to me? Can I have your autograph? Please!!!! Love you and your every single writing!
Your friend,
Shasha

Posted 7 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

7 Years Ago

Oh my dearest friend, how sweet this review was! Thank you so much, dearie, thank you!
Shasha

7 Years Ago

Autograph? LOL
You're welcome!!!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Added on March 31, 2017
Last Updated on April 5, 2017
Tags: love, betrayal, fiction


Author

Vasilees Sybissyl
Vasilees Sybissyl

That Little Cottage, Just 'Round the River Bend, India



About
Welcome to a piece of my soul. more..

Writing