Summary - Sparks Will Fly

Summary - Sparks Will Fly

A Chapter by Victoria Kaer

Chloe ...


Chloe Phillips hasn't considered herself normal, not since birth. No one else has, either. She's cursed with a strange affliction-she cannot touch any electronics. The second her fingers come in contact with anything electrical, it deactivates.

She's never channel surfed the television, never texted, used a computer, and she's never owned an iPod, handheld game, or any of the other gadgets a normal teen would have had. Her life is spent avoiding things she might damage and living on the outside of a world that worships technology.


At the age of twelve, sick of being on the outskirts of things, being looked at strangely-Chloe runs away, hides in the nearby mountains, and eventually makes a solitary life for herself there. Living off the land as the pioneers did.

Until the day, a man staggers into the clearing around her home. Beaten, bloody, and barely conscious. Chloe doesn't know who he is, but she can sense danger following close behind him.


Trevor ...


Trevor Madison hates the ability that some greater being seemed fit to gift him with; he could live without the attention it attracts. Wherever he goes, people step up to him asking for a touch. A simple touch. Not for them. For their electronics.

He's the Jesus of dead electrical devices. Doesn't matter what you've done to the thing, one touch from him and the item is magically healed. High school was a nightmare, despite being home schooled; he'd skipped normal college campus life in favor of online classes.


Now, he's attracted the attention of the government. They want him to use his magic touch on some artifact that's been found at a dig in Egypt. Something they believe was left behind by otherworldly visitors to help the ancients build their fabulous structures.


Yet the second Trevor is taken to see the artifact, he senses something dark behind it. An evil that was buried and hidden for a reason.


As soon as he's able, Trevor runs. The government agents pursue him cross-country, losing him in the mountains of Nevada, where an exhausted and beaten down Trevor, collapses into the arms of a woman.


With no memory of who he is when he wakes, can Trevor and Chloe evade the men seeking him out? And how will a woman who has spent her life murdering electronics deal with a man whose life had been spent resurrecting them?


In the end, can they both avoid the evil that lurks inside the artifact found in Egypt? No matter the outcome ... sparks will fly.



© 2014 Victoria Kaer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved your story. This can be a great movie!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kaer; i loved you unique and beautiful concept, your telling tale is also brillant looking forward to read you more

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 1, 2014
Last Updated on February 1, 2014


Author

Victoria Kaer
Victoria Kaer

Las Vegas, NV



About
Always looking for constructive criticism on my writing if you read, please leave a comment. I'd appreciate anything helpful. (Things like, "It needs editing" don't help. Please tell me what you saw t.. more..

Writing