Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

I stalked through the night, humming an off beat tune as I went. It was a beautiful
night, the grass full of dew, the streets were quiet as the people slept. The perfect night for the meeting I was planning.

It had been three months since I woke up in that room; Three months since had I seen my family. Three months since I had been turned, my heart no longer beating, living on the blood of others. Three months I had been a vampire now. I missed my old life somedays, but I had a new life now and I had accepted that. Though getting myself situated was proving harder than I had thought.

The night I died I had no money, no car, no nothing; Not that I needed any of that much, I ate for free, and could walk where ever I needed to go; Durring the day I could find a place to hide away, and start again when the sun set.

I did, however, end up stealing here and there from my victims. They had jobs and made money every day, I did not, so in my mind it was justified, though I did feel a stab of regret every now and again. I might have been a vampire, but even so I still needed clothes, and they did not come for free.

So I took a little here and there, depositing everything into my bank account. Every now
and again I would take up odd jobs in the paper for a little extra cash, but I was on a
mission and did not stop in one place for long. I had to find him, I felt like he was
the only one I could confide in.

His name was Cirian Holt. A man I had become friends with some five years ago online. I
had a blog going at the time, posting mostly cryptic journals, and the occasional dark
poem or two. Cirian had subscribed and we soon became friends.

One late night we had sat up and got onto the conversation of vampires; Leading to a
very interesting direction, which was why I was searching for him now. He had a little
obsession for the undead you could say, and I felt like I could trust him with my secret.
Not to mention that if he believed as much as I thought him too, he would hate me if I
kept it from him. It had taken me a while to find him on a map; I had to seduce a vampire junkie who just happened to be a hacker to do it. No, I was not proud of my actions, but it was the only option I had to get to Cirian.

So here I was walking the streets in New Orleans, each step taking me closer to his
residence. At the moment I was walking slow, taking my time; Really I was working myself
up to the moment of our meeting, I honestly didn't know how to break the news to him.
There was a hint of fear in me, butterflies in my stomach, all wrapped in excitement.

This would be the first time I saw him in person, talking to him other than over the
internet. Not to mention I would be spilling the biggest secret of all time. It was
probably the worst thing for a first impression. We had been good friends for years now
though, and I had the feeling that I would never forgive myself if I passed the
opportunity to see him.

To be honest, I had a fancy for him; He had always sparked my curiosity, always left me
wondering. I didn't even know what he looked like, he was one of the most secretive men I knew. The day he told me his real name I had been shocked, and honored that he had shared such personal information about himself.


I found myself not being able to wait any longer, and I pushed myself into speed. Moving
in a way that would have been invisible if anyone was around, no one was though. This
was one of my favorite things about being a vampire, moving so fast it felt like I was
flying. Feeling as if I was a part of the wind that ripped past my ears.

I didn't get to enjoy the action long though, because before I knew it I was yards from
his house. Secluded off the road, lined with trees, and a loan porch light shinning in
the darkness. A light that relieved a man standing in the drive, watching me.

I froze, I didn't know what else to do. What that him? Could he see me even through the
darkness? What was he doing outside in the middle of the night? So many questions and
there was only one way to get the answers. Cautiously I moved forward, forcing one foot
in front of the other.

What would I do if it was not him? I had not even considered that he might be living
with someone, I knew he had a girlfriend, but to my knowledge, they did not live
together. What if it was him? Would he recognize me from my profile picture, what if he
didn't want me there, what if he was offended that I track him down, breaching all of his
privacy?

I did not expect the sudden fear I had as I walked towards the man. Sure, I had my
doubts, but not like this; When I imagined meeting him I had not thought it would be
this hard. In my head this moment had always been full of smiles and laughter, maybe a
little awkward at first, but never fear, never this doubt.

"Cirian?" I called out as I moved closer, stepping into the line of light.

"Hello, Sarah, how did you find me?" There were two question answered, it was diffidently him, and he recognized me.


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah, yes, I remember reading this before. I'm kind of surprised I haven't commented on it yet. I usually read and review anything of yours. I guess I've gotten lazy in my old age.

Very interesting. I definitely like the introduction of Cirian Holt, and I'm very grateful that you're letting me borrow him. He's obviously a wealthy one, living in one of the more out of the way places in Louisiana. For some reason the description of his drive makes me think of the old show "Dark Shadows" and Collinwood. It certainly has a dark atmosphere to it.

Another thing I enjoyed was the main character's resourcefulness, both the theft from victims and the seduction of a "vampire junkie". That little addition to the lore of the world is nice. It in itself hints that there are more than enough people who know vampires are real and that some of them like being fed on, or at the least want eternal life.

You have some good descriptions. Of course, you know you're one of my favorite writers.

There's still a bunch of mistakes and typos scattered throughout the piece. You haven't been here in a while and I suspect it's because you're very busy. I doubt you'll come back to give this a thorough edit, so I won't bother listing things.

One thing I was thinking that I'll need if I include Rouge in my story, which I hope I am able and allowed to, is what she looks like. I could go off a number of pictures I have access too, but I really want to know how she looks to you. After all, she's been through a lot and wouldn't necessarily look like her old self.

Thanks for giving me a good, well enjoyed read.

-Cara

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ah, yes, I remember reading this before. I'm kind of surprised I haven't commented on it yet. I usually read and review anything of yours. I guess I've gotten lazy in my old age.

Very interesting. I definitely like the introduction of Cirian Holt, and I'm very grateful that you're letting me borrow him. He's obviously a wealthy one, living in one of the more out of the way places in Louisiana. For some reason the description of his drive makes me think of the old show "Dark Shadows" and Collinwood. It certainly has a dark atmosphere to it.

Another thing I enjoyed was the main character's resourcefulness, both the theft from victims and the seduction of a "vampire junkie". That little addition to the lore of the world is nice. It in itself hints that there are more than enough people who know vampires are real and that some of them like being fed on, or at the least want eternal life.

You have some good descriptions. Of course, you know you're one of my favorite writers.

There's still a bunch of mistakes and typos scattered throughout the piece. You haven't been here in a while and I suspect it's because you're very busy. I doubt you'll come back to give this a thorough edit, so I won't bother listing things.

One thing I was thinking that I'll need if I include Rouge in my story, which I hope I am able and allowed to, is what she looks like. I could go off a number of pictures I have access too, but I really want to know how she looks to you. After all, she's been through a lot and wouldn't necessarily look like her old self.

Thanks for giving me a good, well enjoyed read.

-Cara

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella