Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

I couldn't do anything but stare at him, I was shocked, surprised and I felt slighted. Not only was he a vampire, but he had kept it from me. Before I had been turned, I would have understood; But when I came here it was to tell him my secret, I felt betrayed that he didn't feel like he could do the same for me.  He had so many opportunities to tell me to; And yet he had stayed silent, when I spilled my guts.

"I should have told you sooner, instead of letting you figure it out on your own, I'm sorry."

I didn't say anything, just sat there on the counter, staring at him; Then I took in a deep breath, jumped off the island and headed towards the door.

"Sarah, please don't leave. I said I was sorry."

I turned on my heel and stopped his next words with my stare.

"First, I will be back, I am only going to the store to get some wine; And don't even think to lecture me that I cant drink it, it took me a while but I am able to drink a glass a day if I sip a it. Second, Yes, I am mad at you but I am giving you a free pass just this once, so when I get back we will pretend like nothing happened."

Again the house was full of silence, but this time it was not soft, not full of respectful mourning. He knew I was angry, knew I needed time to myself, and knew that there was nothing he could say at the moment to make anything better. So he kept quiet, trusting that I would stay true to my words.

"Okay. Anything else?" I moved to the door, grabbing the handle then turning to look back to him.

"Yes, don't call me Sarah anymore. It bring back too many memories." I left then, leaving the door open behind me, and he watched me leave, calling after me.

"What do you want me to call you?"

"Think of something while I am gone."

That was it, that was the last piece of who I once was and I had just thrown it out the window. When I returned I would have a new name to match my new life. Who knows what Cirian would come up with, maybe he wouldn't think of anything, and leave me to my own devices. All I knew what that I had not thought anything else could change so drastically in my life, and I was wrong.

Cirian had been my last resort to hold onto myself; I had known him for years, I had thought him to be shocked and exasperated, maybe even excited, the same feelings I had after I got over the first initial shock. There was none of that though, because he already knew, because he was just like me. He knew it all, I couldn't even weave a story for him because it would be no news to him.

I felt like my whole world was coming crashing down on me again; Like I had just lost another piece of myself. When Cirian had first said my name, it had hurt and felt good at the same time. He was part of my old world, the old me, and being able to have that with me was something I welcomed. It was a lie though, because he was more apart of my new world than I was; I was just a baby, and he knew it all.

He was older, I could feel it, maybe by a hundred years or so. I don't know how I knew, I just did; Probably an ordinary vampire ability that I had not known about, there was a lot of that. Every time I turned a corner in my life, I was learning something new about myself.

I sighed as I walked through the dark streets that lead to the town, hesitant with each step that took me closer to civilization. I was mean to be a vampire, glowing from within with a magical light, and so, when a vampire laid eyes on me, he would be compelled to turn me; That meant that there were others like me out there, born to be undead. How oxymoron was that?

I was scared, I didn't want to encounter someone like me, I didn't want to be compelled to turn them. I was compelled to take the life of every one I fed off of; With each drop the urges grew stronger, but I always pulled back. I fought and have won every time. I have not taken a life, I have not dammed another to become one of the undead. I was proud of that.

Now I knew that one day I wouldn't be able to fight, that I wouldn't be able to resist the blood, the urge to turn another. I hated that knowledge. It wasn't fair, but I knew life was seldom fair.

My stomach clenched and made me gasp; So many emotions and information had bee flying around that I had not noticed my hunger creeping up on me, and now it was coming full force with burning pain in the pit of my stomach. I needed to feed before I returned, probably before I got to the store too; I felt myself slipping, I could see the red from my eyes starting to seep out, and I knew my claws were probably viable as well; As long as I didn't smile, you couldn't see my fangs.

I stopped walking for a second and stood still, taking deep slow breaths as I concentrated. My eyes snapped open and I found what I was listening for; A heartbeat, not far from here, there was a house somewhere near by and she was out on the porch swing. I had a moment to wonder what someone was doing out this late at night, but I pushed it away as I sailed through the night on dark wings as my feet carried me to her.


I stopped just inside the circle of trees off to the side of the little cottage. It was cute, even sitting there in the dark; Pale yellow siding, little green shudders, it looked like something out of a child's story book; So did the girl that sat on the swing, humming to herself as she pushed against the deck, swinging the chair back and forth.

I almost laughed at the site, it was adorable and ironic how well she suited the house. Looking like Goldy locks herself with her long blonde hair ties back on wither side of her face. Pale skin, bright blue eyes that shinned in the moonlight. I wished I had a camera to capture the moment.

I approached her slowly, pulling my hunger back as much as I could until the red glow faded from my eyes. I hated it when I scared my food, because I hated how good it felt to chase after them. She saw me as I cleared the trees, moving to step onto the wrap around porch.

"Can I help you?" She sounded curious, and friendly; But I could hear her heartbeat pick up, the blood rushing just a little faster in her veins.

I didn't blame her, even if she was unaware of my intentions it was normal to be nervous sound a stranger in the middle of the night. She was brave though, standing to meet me as I came closer with a small smile on her face. I smiled back, partly because it was the right thing to do when someone smiled at you; And partly because I enjoyed the racing of her blood in my eyes.

My eyes started glowing again with the thought, and she gasped. That one sound made my fangs pull away from my gums, turning my friendly smile into a sinister one. She tried to run for the door and I mused at her actions. Was she reacting normally, trying to run into the house and lock the doors, or was she aware I couldn't enter without an invitation?

She didn't make it though, my speed was immediate, cutting her off and ripping another gasp from her mouth. I grabbed her arms, enough to keep her still but not so much as to hurt her; I did my best to keep my nails from digging into her skin. She froze with fear and my hunger roared as her emotions washed over me. Fear, so much fear.

Bringing my head down I tried to be as gentle as possible, but the hunger was strong; I had not realized I had priced her skin until I tasted her sweet blood sliding over my tongue and down my throat. I practically moaned against her neck with pleasure. Images started flashing inside my mind, a handsome boy holding her hand, kissing her on the cheek. Dinner with her family hours before. Her name was Kiley, she was sixteen, and she had her first kiss today.

Thats when I got the information on why she was outside on the swing. Greg was coming to visit her as soon as his parents went to sleep. She had been waiting for an hour now, and was starting to think he would not show. I knew he would though, because I could hear his heart racing with butterflies as he walked down the drive.

"Kiley?" I pulled away from her then, terrified.

What do I do now?

I had never thought to be caught in the act before; And it was so much worse to be walked in on during a feeding than during sex. Sex was normal, drinking the blood of Kiley's boyfriend was not.

I did the only thing I could do, I pulled away from her and went to him. I didn't waste time, just locked my fangs over his skin and took a couple gulps of his blood; He was just as sweet taster as she was, but I didn't drink much, just enough to make him forget; Just enough to learn that he thought he was in love with the beautiful Kiley.

I pulled away from him and took off as fast as my feet could carry me. I was full, and I had avoided the disaster. They would not remember what happened, just continue on with their night, probably share another kiss under the moon. It was romantic, beautiful, and I had almost ruined it. That thought alone made me head back to Cirians house. No wine for me tonight, it was punishment for my rash actions; I should have made sure that there was no one near by, hell, I didn't even check to make sure her family was sleeping. I couldn't have exposed myself.

So I headed back, running as fast as I could. I was at Cirains door step before I knew it, and he was there waiting for me.

"Back so soon?" He asked, his eye brows raised.

"I changed my mind." I moved past him into the house and he shut the door as he followed me to the living room.

"I thought of a name." Cirian spoke as he took a seat on the chair next to mine.

I perked up, curious. In honesty, I had forgotten my insistence about him calling me Sarah. I didn't regret saying it though; It was too much pain to hear my name when I knew the people I loved most would never speak it again. I missed their voices so much.

"What is it?"

"You promise to keep it? You wont change your mind, or make me pick a different one? I thought long and hard, and I like what I came up with."

I sighed, anxiety bubbling up inside of me I nodded though and tried to keep the impatiences I was feeling out of my words.

"I promise."

"Rouge."

I sat for a moment, staring at him, not sure what to think. Not that I didn't like it, because I did. I just had not expected it, I had thought to hear something more common out of his mouth, though I was not sure why.

"Just, Rouge?"

He nodded a little smile turning his lips, "Just Rouge."


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


Author's Note

Dewella~Vintella
I am aware that this needs to be edited, I am just too lazy to do it at the moment. Sorries. XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sure it needs to be edited, but once you do the presentation will be great. As for the story itself, it's good. You had very understandable reactions towards what you experienced. It is a painful knowledge isn't it? To know one day you might not have the choice of control? I also like how you were quick enough to catch your prey before she got to her house.

Question. Have you experienced an inability to enter a home without an invitation? Or does Fiction You just assume she can't?

All in all it was a great write. I can't wait for more.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella