Chapter Six - Teaser

Chapter Six - Teaser

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

I have only been here seven days, and yet so much has happened. Cirian not only offered to let me stay with him, but he had insisted upon it. I was nervous at first, due to the fact that he had a girlfriend, I didn't want her to get the wrong idea; Though I have not met her yet. He didn't talk about her much, all I knew was that she lived in town.

He had been teaching me about being a vampire, though most of it I had already figured out on my own in the first couple months. I needed to feed every day, if I had to, I could feed every other day, but it was hard to beat back the hunger at times.

I knew I couldn't feed off of animal blood, no matter what the books and movies tell you its not possible. Its like smoking a cigarette to curb your hunger; It worked for a minuet, but never satisfied, and before you know it your stomach was rumbling again.

I didn't have to worry about anyone turning me in because I drank their blood, there was something in my bite that made them forget. Like amnesia, kind of cool if you asked me. I was stronger, faster, and harder to kill; But I could die. If someone were able to catch me and cut off my head, I was a goner. The sun would kill me as well, I couldn't stand direct like for more than a minuet or so.

I had learned that in the first week of becoming a vampire; I had lost track of time, and next thing I know my skin felt like it was being scrapped off with hot razor blades. Lucky for me there had been an old fire department near by, and I had bunked inside the concrete walls till nightfall.

There was one thing that Cirian couldn't teach me though, and that was my own special ability. Which Cirian told me every vampire had one; He could read peoples minds when he concentrated, where as my little power was something he had never head of before.

Cirian called it Glamor, I called it awesome. I could change my appearance at will; Make my hair a different color, make myself look more beautiful, or more homely. I could hide my claws, and blend in with just a thought. I had to concentrate though, and it was hard to keep the spell up for very long. Cirian told me that with time it would become easier, and I would be able to hold onto the magic longer. I couldn't wait for that day to come.

For most of the week I had stayed inside the walls of his lavish house. Only traveling a short distance to feed, and occasionally pick up another bottle of wine. Which is what I was currently doing. I smiled at the thought; Cirian was surprised at me, at my will power to train myself to handle a glass a day. He had never heard of it before, and had begun talking about trying.

It had taken me a while; I had vomited countless times, and had to feed more often afterwards, but it was worth it. The simple pleasure of kicking back and bringing the glass to my lips was amazing. It was the one thing that I still retained from my old life. Cirian wanted to become immune to chocolate, I couldn't help but laugh at him when he told me; But I had promised him I would pick him up a box while I was out.

So here I was, bouncing down the street as I enjoyed the quiet darkness. It was a cool night, and I could feel the coming of snow on the wind. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but soon. I didn't mind though, my skin was warmed from a fresh feeding; An up-beat song stuck in my head from the memories of the woman I had taken. It was a song I had never heard of before, but I knew all the words because of her; I was going to have to download the song when I got back to the house, I was starting to like it.


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful write nice flow and climax end, but try to reduce the length so need little more modification, great one...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this teaser! The chapters before this were fab to and I can't wait for you to add more! Fab write :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah a nice little teaser. I think it is done well. You seem to be adjusting well to your new life, with Cirian's help. Around a hundred years old eh? ok that's cool. I wonder who his girlfriend is and how old she is. Also, can't wait to meet any other vampires that live within the city. I like how you're training yourself to be able to eat solid food.

Keep up the good work. I'm excited to see this chapter finished.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella