Chapter 7: Beast

Chapter 7: Beast

A Chapter by Starcaller
"

Saving the Princess (Maw's POV)

"

Well things have been going great. We ran off and on for half an hour, stole a horse, got attacked by wolves, bandits killed the horse...and the wolves, we wandered around a bit and found a well, had some water, and got attacked by more bandits that managed to shoot an arrow into my side that I am now digging out with my knife. What an amazing adventure Marko has dragged me into once again.

"You almost ready?"

"I think so." I say as I finally dislodge the arrow from my side. I clean it out as well as I can and tie a somewhat clean strip of cloth over it. "Good enough."

"Lets go."

 

We continue walking every step seeming to go towards a more feral land, it's a good thing I was raised here or I might of been afraid. I walk along oblivious to anything around me, Marko drags me by my arm and I can just look up at the sky. The stars pass by overhead each one reminding me what I'm fighting for...wait a second. "Markie honey, why are we saving a princess?" I ask bracing myself for impact. Unfortunately he stays calm and rational.

"It's the queen's daughter."

"...but you hate the queen."

"I know." He grumbles.

"Then why save something that's hers."

His hand tightens into a fist "It's a job."

"Yeah, okay but we have got plenty of work you can do, and plenty who would pay more than her! Wait...you like her don't you?" I gasp before letting out a hysterical laugh.

"No! That's...that's not why."
"You can't trick me." I whisper still giggling at the thought.

"Let's just do the job!" He yells angrily.

"Okay lover boy." I try to say through my laughing fits.

 

Someone screams suddenly and Markie has already taken off, I let out a heavy sigh knowing this is going to require me to run again. I chase after him and a moment later I clear the brush crashing into the side of wooden building. I fall backwards the pain shooting through my whole body. "Crap, who puts a house in the middle of the forest." I whisper as loudly as possible. I pull myself to my feet in time to see Markie walk in. I look around and find a staircase leading to an attic. I cut away at the floor being careful not to drop any of the woodchips.

 

I peer through the little hole but all I can see is Markie. "Where is she?!" He snarls at them.

"Oh, the princess...she's right here." That voice sounds so familiar. A skinny, blonde girl stumbles towards him. Her face is damp with tears and she doesn't quite seem right.

"They're all going to die Hunter..." She murmurs helplessly.

"What do you mean?"

"The monster is going to come and chew them all up."

"Don't bother reasoning with her she's lost it." Blue Jay!

"What did you do to her?!"

"Ever heard of pixie dust?" She asks I can hear the smirk in her voice. My hands begin to tremble and my breathing becomes more rapid. Stay clam...stay calm! "It's a drug used to get the truth out of people...and toxic if used in high doses."

"The mean lady hurt me hunter." Her voice is innocent and weak. The girl holds tightly to his shirt trying to steady herself while his arm holds her up at the waist trying to help. His face is bitter and harsh but I can see through the cracks in the mask.

"Why where you not there? Please protect me." She leans in and kisses him before falling limp. I was surprised but Markie looked amazed. C'mon...snap out of it.

 

After a moment he sets her down gently trying to keep up his act. "So what do you want?" he asks his voice kind of shaky.

"I want you to burn." She says calmly. He pulls out his staff but an arrow has already sunk into his stomach. No! I place my hand over my heart. Stay calm!

"Stay Calm!!!" I yell out as it overtakes me the end of the words becoming unintelligible growls. I rip through the floors and land between My food and my master. I let out a roar and pounce on the nearest source of meat. My claws dig deep into it's stomach and then tear out it's throat.

 

Something burning digs into my flesh and I turn to see it, a blade attached to a hand. I pull away from it and slash at its legs making it fall to the ground. It's screams and I can't take it...it's too much. I dig my teeth into her neck the taste of blood lingering. I can suddenly see and smell and breath, I am free. I let out a howl as I devour her entire body. One left. She tries to run for the door, She looks so familiar. I pounce in front of her and push her weak fleshy body to the floor. She begins to crawl towards the door and I grab her leg pulling her back so I could look into her face.

 

"Maw! Please!" She screams. Blue Jay?

"Blue Jay? I can't...trust!" I growl. She whimpers a little holding her hands over her face.

Then I remembered. There is a little girl crying in the field of wild flowers. Her long strands of blue hair are pulled back into a braid. "Why are you crying?" I ask her.

She faces me her eyes black as night and just as deep.

"My mother is gone...they took her away, because she is gifted."

I sniff her a little "Your special...Avian. What is your name?"

"Blue Jay, and I can see you are special...Beast."

"My name is Maw by the way." I say nodding "and I am special...but don't worry, I won't let them hurt you."

She smiles as her brightly colored wings emerge from her back "and I won't let anyone hurt you."

 

I stand over her, looking into those deep eyes. "Blue Jay..." I whimpered. "I thought you died." Everything begins to spin and Markie runs over to me. How did it get so quiet, how is he walking sideways? When did I fall on the floor. I look over to Blue Jay as her colorful wings spread over her body, she catches my hand in hers and everything else goes dark...so dark.



© 2012 Starcaller


Author's Note

Starcaller
Finally finished chapter seven XD please feel free to comment and point out errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wonderful chapter good job keep up the good work thanks for sharing with me

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can tell you are really working hard on getting the dialogue to run smoother. And you are improving! Keep up the good work! Remember, the best examples you can use for how to structure dialogue is just by looking at how it's done in your favorite books!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A bit confusing at times...you might want to go over your story again for mistakes :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 30, 2012
Last Updated on May 3, 2012


Author

Starcaller
Starcaller

Moreno Valley, CA



About
Hello everyone, I've been away for an incredibly long time (like what a year and a half or two, yikes). I've actually wanted to get back on here for awhile now. I'm going to do my best to catch up on .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starcaller


Character's Character's

A Chapter by Starcaller



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..