~Chapter 3: Confusion~

~Chapter 3: Confusion~

A Chapter by Harmony Babin

 I managed to get to sleep last night. I woke up to my alarm clock at 7:00 a.m. I turned it off and sat up in bed then stretched. I yawned, but didn't move. Memories from last night flooded my mind. I slid out my bed and went to my dresser. I slept in my robe last night for some odd reason. I changed into some under garments then jeans and a black and blue stripped T-shirt. I brushed my hair down and put makeup to hide my pimples and blemishes. I slippped my converse on then walked to the kitchen. I fixed some coffee then fetched my coat and slipped that on. I fixed my coffee, grabbed it, then walked out the apartment catching my keys on the way out. I sipped my coffee as I walked to the office to meet Mr. Clementine. As I walk, I look around at everybody else on the street, as if I'd see that guy from last night just strolling along with everybody else. I make it to the office and enter Mr. Clementine's office.

 "Hello, Mr. Clementine. I have so much to tell you." I say to him while settling in a chair.

 "Don't you always?" He says smiling.

 "No, but it wasn't a dream. It was real." I remark.

 "What happened?" He said leaning forward looking serious. I told him the story of what happened last night and he started chuckling.

 "What?" I asked nervously and confused at the same time.

 "None of that really happened." He said blandly.

 "Yes, it did. I was there, and I wasn't dreaming." I insisted.

 He nodded and says "I understand that's what it felt like, but would you like to know what really happened last night?" he said gazing into my eyes, as if trying to manipulate me.

 "I guess.." I respond silently.

 "Yesterday morning, when you left my office, you were walking home but then you passed out. I heard a scream from outside so I came to check out what happened and saw you. What was going through your mind then, I don't know, but I picked you up and put you in my car and drove you home. When we got to your house, you awoke, but barely all there. When we walked in your apartment you claimed someone was on your couch but I turned the light on and nothing was there. I sat you down on the stool by your bar and you said you were going to be fine but I stayed with you anyways. You fell asleep on the bar and I turned out the light so you could sleep. You woke up and didn't know who turned your light out and when I tried to speak to you, you acted as if I wasn't there. That's when I saw your eyes closed. You were sleep walking. So, you dreamt it all." He explained. I stayed silent for a moment and tried to make sense of it all.

 "I know it's a lot, but I'm only saying what happened." He reassured. I looked at him and he looked at me. All of a sudden I felt the urge to believe him.

 "Yeah, I suppose that's what happened. Thank you Mr. Clementine." I spoke without really thinking.

 "Anytime, Sarafina." He said smiling. I nodded and took a sip of my coffee.

 "Anything else you want to talk about?" He asked looking a little concerned.

 "Did you do research last night?" I asked anxiously.

 "How about we talk all about that tomorrow. You have a lot on your plate right now." He said smiling.

 "But, wait.. Why do you think he told me he couldn't?" I asked. He stayed silent for a little while.

 Then he spoke, "Maybe it's because he knows you have a boyfriend?" My mouth dropped open.

 "Oh my god, I forgot about him!" I exclaimed, a bit ashamed of myself.

 "Yeah.." He looked very concerned now.

 "I'm just not thinking right today, sorry."

 "It's alright. Just go clear your mind today"

 "Okay." I said standing from my chair. As soon as I stood up he was by my side and put his arms out to hug me. I hesitated for a second, then gave him a hug, hoping it would be quick. When I thought the hug was over, it wasn't. He started rubbing my back.

 "Everything is going to be all okay." he whispered.

 "Yeah, thanks Mr. Clementine." I said ripping away from him in a gentle way. I walked out quickly and started home. What a creep! I thought as I walked. Who does he think he is? Smiling at me like perv, hugging me like we're a couple or even family.. My thoughts were interrupted when a pair of hands pushed my shoulders and made me stop walking. I looked up and my mouth dropped open, then sighed in relief when I saw my boyfriend, Michael. He smiled and kissed me on the lips. I kissed him back.

 "So, how is my little angel?" He said smiliing and walking to my side, holding my hand, and started walking with me.

 "Well, better now that you're here." I smiled.

 "Well, how about before I got here?"

 "Could have been better."

 "How so, babe?" He asked sounding concerned. I told him everything that happened, but as I watched his expression when I talked, he didn't seem all that interested. Gosh, why ask how I am if your not going to be the slightest interested I thought.

 "Oh, well I'm here now and everything is going to be okay." He said smiliing down at me. His deep set brown eyes and blonde hair always caught my eye, but not anymore. I'm not sure why, though.

 "Yeah, good thing, huh?" I said. We walked for a little while in silence. Then he broke the silence first.

 "So, we won't be able to hang out tonight." He said.

 "Michael.." I said sadly.

 "I'm sorry, but I have work, babe."

 "This is the third night in a row. Shouldn't they be giving you a break?" I said insistantly.

 "Yeah, but my boss won't. That's how things are." He said almost sounding aggravated. I stayed silent.

 "Look, I know it's hard on you. I apologize." He said.

 "It is hard on me. I have so much stress and I can't even talk to you on the phone anymore because your so busy." I reply. He didn't answer, just stayed silent.

 "Can you at least stay at my house for a little while?" I ask, almost pleading. Which made me feel sick to my stomach.

 "No, I wish I could. I have to leave early. My job is a little ways out of the country." He said and I frowned.

 "Alright.. I understand." I said almost a whisper. We made it to my apartment and he walked me inside. I turned to him and looked him in the eyes and asked the question I've been wanting to ask.

 "Do you really love me?"

 "What kind of question is that?"

 "One that you should answer. I just want to know."

 "Of course I love you, Sara." He kissed me quickly then walked out the door. I stood there, not knowing where to put myself really. He just said it and walked out. He kissed me like he really didn't mean it.. I looked at the clock and it read 8:00 a.m. I sighed and decided a nap would be nice. I walked to my room, dragging my feet, and plopped in my bed face first and fell asleep.



© 2012 Harmony Babin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like that the character isn't perfect, BTW!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Clemetine seems a little ODD don't you think?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 3, 2012
Last Updated on June 3, 2012


Author

Harmony Babin
Harmony Babin

LA



About
Heyy, my name is Harmony Babin, but people call me Wolfie because it is my nickname, and I am currently 16 years old (January 28, '97). Writing is one of my many hobbies. I also love to draw, sing, .. more..

Writing