Bound By Blood: Chapter One

Bound By Blood: Chapter One

A Chapter by
"

I had written this a while back but I did not split it up into chapters, instead I just saved into one document.

"

 

Bound By Blood
 
Chapter One
 
The wind howled with unspeakable rage as it scratched the shivering limbs of trees and the glassy panes of windows. Rain poured from the sky like tear drops, dramatic and never ending, leaving no stone unturned from its downpour. The lights from the Goodrich home were fading into darkness as nightfall swallowed day. The night welcomed all matter of creatures, Mother Nature and supernatural alike. In the distance of the forest a lone wolf cried a sad lullaby, while a werewolf howled in rage for the Hunger ravaged yet no creature of prey could be found this night. This night, only the rain’s pelts and the rumble of thunder made its voice heard.
All but a man cloaked in the night that walked with unnatural grace up to the sidewalk his intentions equally dark. He held the cloak tighter around his shoulders, while raising a gloved finger towards the doorbell. A small girl opened the door, her bright intelligent blue eyes swimming with life, innocence, and such a supernatural future.
“Lauren, get away from the door, go to Lara, now,” James whispered
The child took a step back, defiance in her actions.
“Who are you?” she asked, wary, through her childish innocence.
The man flicked back the hood of his cloak, a pleasant smile gracing his lips. He was a tall man, with sharp features. His eyes were perfectly set in his face; he had perfect teeth and a pale complexion. His dark black hair was wind swept; a strand or two resting on his forehead.
“Someone who has business to attend to with your parents,” he smiled
“Lauren! Go now!” Lauren’s father grabbed Lauren by the hand and pushed up the stairs.
“Go to Lara, stay upstairs,” he ordered gently yet firmly. Lauren rushed up the stairs where Lara stood, her eyes swimming with questions.
“What’s going on?” she asked softly wrapping her arms around her little sister.
Lauren’s lip trembled.
“I don’t know.”
Lauren’s father pulled his wife behind him, his voice cold,
“You have no business here, Darius. We told you, we want nothing to do with your kind,” James said through clinched teeth.
The man named Darius grinned, his cold eyes glittering.
“You may not, but I have my way of always getting what I want.”
The man did not stand down; his wife grasped his arm, ashen.
“Leave. Now.”
Darius pulled of his cloak, his eyes turning liquid silver.
“Make me, mortal.”
Lara pulled Lauren back as a horrible roar filled the home, terror ripped Lara’s heart apart, an icy feeling climbed up her spine. Lauren lifted her blue eyes up to Lara’s panicked ones.
“Lara? What’s happening?” she asked, her tone soft, scared.
“Come on!” Lara picked up Lauren and raced down the hall towards the attic when a cold hand grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back violently.
“Hey! Let go!” Darius was covered in blood, his eyes emotionless as he knocked Lauren out of Lara’s hands and sprawling onto the cold floor. It was not long before Lauren heard Lara’s screams of protest then of pain, tears made their way down her face helplessly.
“Poor child…all alone…let me ease your pain,” Darius hissed scooping up a flailing Lauren, kicking, punching, biting, using every attack method she had against this strange man and still it was useless as his eyes pierced into her skull, drowning her defenses as an overwhelming darkness reached out for her and took her into an obscene bliss.
 
Lauren’s eyes opened, a dull pain throbbed through her body, and she was moving. How, she did not know, or care. With a groan, her eyes slipped shut.
“Poor little thing, is she the only survivor?”
The fire chief nodded sadly, stroking the unconscious girl’s hair fondly.
“What of her sister?” The investigating officer asked softly.
“Gone, probably escaped, probably kidnapped. Poor kid,” the fire chief replied softly, cradling the small child to his chest.
“Orphanage?” The investigator asked the CPA agent to her left, the fire that swallowed the house transfixed them both into stunned silence.
“The only place she can go…” the agent replied dully, writing something down on a clipboard and looking at the scene with stiff, iced eyes.
“I will get the b*****d who did this,” the investigator swore as the CPA agent climbed back into the car, the child in her arms now.
“And he will regret it,” she swore darkly. 
The fire chief crossed over to the investigator, pulling off his helmet, watching the smoke spiral into the sky,
“No you won’t,” he said quietly.
The investigator snapped her head up, her eyes furious,
“The hell I won’t!”
“That isn’t a lack of faith in the Boulder Police Department, ma’am, this is no ordinary homicide. This was supernatural. You can’t arrest something that isn’t supposed to be alive,” the fire chief sighed out, rubbing his dirty face with his massive hands.
“How do you know it was supernatural?” the investigator recoiled, thrusting her hands into her pockets.
“The way the fire started, the way the victims were killed, it doesn’t take a forensic scientist to figure that out ma’am,” he replied grimly, wiped his brow and placed his hat back on his head.
The investigator stared at the house that was being salvaged, tears running down her face.
“I am so sorry sweetheart.”
They both stood there, unable to do anything but watch in grim silence as the rain continued to pelt around them and a wolf cried in the distance.
 
 
 


© 2008


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has a great beginning my new friend! I shall continue on! ......:)

Posted 16 Years Ago


hi, I too am amazed that you completed a book at such a nice young age...actually im envious;) also, mad respect.

anyhow, I read the first 1/3 of this and your story is really solid;) I hope you dont mind but im going to repaste it all here and tell you my thoughts along the way. im only doing this because i think you deserve it. as i said it seems really tight over all. you kick a*s.

----

(re) means, could you remove this?



The wind howled with unspeakable rage as it scratched the shivering limbs of trees and the glassy panes of windows.

Posted 16 Years Ago


You are an amazing writer. I can't believe you are only 17. I only made it through the first three chapters but they look good. My only suggestion would be the language in the first paragraph. Its more flowery than the rest of the story. It seems like you had a "Tale of Two Cities" start and then went back to normal writing after that.

Also, this site lets you post each chapter separately. That might be more useful for you in terms of feedback and it will be helpful for the reader so they can go through without constantly losing their spot.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2008
Last Updated on March 31, 2008


Author


Writing
Chapter One & Two Chapter One & Two

A Chapter by


Fate's Design Fate's Design

A Book by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..