Bound By Blood Chapter Six and Seven

Bound By Blood Chapter Six and Seven

A Chapter by

Chapter Six
 
Two years had gone by. A kind of peace settled over the little town. There hadn’t been a word or sight of Lara since that day when Roxanne became a vampire. Fear stabbed at Lauren’s heart, it was the anniversary of that day, one she and Roxanne both dreaded. Always something weird happened and nerves were higher now since Amy came to become one of their trusted friends as well.
Roxanne looked over at Lauren who was scribbling furiously on her art pad, her blue eyes narrowed in concentration. Roxanne was wise not to disturb her; Amy had yet to learn this even after two years of friendship.
“Bear, quit being a nerd for once and come chat.”
Roxanne winced as Lauren snapped her pencil down, her eyes cold.
“Excuse you! I am working!”
Roxanne motioned at Amy.
“Don’t disturb a mad woman,” she whispered nodding her head seriously.
“Thank you, now shut up,” Lauren snapped. Amy threw up her hands.
“I just don’t get it! This is a slumber party! Not an art─,” Roxanne clamped a hand over Amy’s mouth, drowning out her words. Lauren smirked.
“Patience Amy,” Roxanne consoled removing her hand, whipping her long red hair over her shoulder. Amy rolled her eyes and blew a strand of brown hair out of her face.
“Fine, I will talk to you Roxanne. So, tell me, where do you live?” Cold shot through Roxanne, if she told Amy she lived in a house that was supposedly burn to the ground twelve years ago…
“In town,” Lauren answered quickly, setting her pad down, moved over to the two and settled down in between them. Amy’s brow rose.
“Really? That’s cool.”
“Mmm,” Roxanne replied uneasily, playing with the fringe of Amy’s rug. Lauren breathed out in relief. They had hid it from her for two years. Roxanne had insisted that they tell her the truth about themselves as to avoid a repeat of the past. Lauren refused, stubbornly.
“What about you Lauren?” Amy asked after a long period of silence.
“In town as well.”
Amy’s brow rose again.
“Alrighty then…since you both are acting really weird…I will go get some drinks and when I come back we can play Truth or Dare.”
With a wicked little chuckle, she walked out of the room and padded down her stairs. Roxanne let out a breath.
“Lauren…you don’t want it to happen again. For God’s sake…” her eyes were watering. Even after all those years, the memory was so vivid, like fresh blood in her mind. Lauren sighed, her expression weary.
“I know Roxanne…I am scared as well.”
“Scared? I am not scared Lauren. I was scared then. The changed drained me of fear,” her voice was hard; she still had a sore spot when it came to talking about that day.
“Don’t make Amy go through that same process Lauren. I am a cold hearted you-know-what-now. Please, tell her─,” she rose from her chair, her eyes silver.
“Lauren, I sense something.”
“Lord Jesus, no!” Lauren hissed rushing towards the door and pulling on it.
It was locked.
“Damn it!” Roxanne cursed, her eyes wild, “I knew this was going to happen! Something weird like this happens this day every year! A strange death, an unprecedented disappearance…” Lauren hushed Roxanne.
“Now isn’t the time to rant, I know Lara’s presence when I feel it.”
“Yeah, so? Let’s go kick her a*s!” Roxanne was rolling up her sleeves and pulling her hair back. Lauren’s eyes widened.
“It’s not Lara, Roxanne.”
“I don’t give a damn who it is, Lauren! I am going to help Amy!” Roxanne disappeared with a snap. Lauren sighed and rushed after her, but the door swung open right as she was about to Vanish.
“Um…wow…” Amy was against the wall, the drinks spilled down her shirt and staining the carpet, her eyes locked on the ceiling, bewildered. Roxanne had Vanished onto the ceiling and was rooted to the spot, horrified. Lauren groaned and smacked her face with a hand.
They had been set up.
 
 
 
Chapter Seven
 
 
Lauren grinned sheepishly, stepping in front of Amy dramatically,
“Well…this is slightly awkward.”
Amy’s brows rose.
“No, really?” she shot back sarcastically, pointing up at Roxanne furiously.
“How is she on the ceiling?”
Roxanne waved, chuckling uneasily.
“Traction shoes, you got to love them!”
Amy’s face dropped in a dark scowl.
“You aren’t wearing any shoes Roxanne.”
Roxanne paled and looked down at her feet, in socks.
“Yeah…um…yeah…” the girl stammered, caught. Lauren smacked a hand to her face and helped Roxanne off the ceiling.
“You two…”
“Have some explaining to do, yes, come on,” Lauren finished, giving Roxanne a fierce look.
Amy followed the two girls into the room and sat down before them. Lauren sighed out falling back on Amy’s bed.
“You explain Roxanne,” Lauren covered her face with her hands, praying to God that this all went well. Roxanne smiled, doing her best to lighten up the dark atmosphere. She kneeled down beside Amy and sighed.
“We are vampires, Amy.”
The different emotions that grew on Amy’s face were quite entertaining, shock, anger, fear and then amusement.
“That’s funny…seriously now…”
Roxanne’s face was grimmer than death.
“I am dead serious Amy,” Amy’s mouth opened, Lauren had sat up, her eyes a bright silver. Roxanne’s fangs had extended.
“And Death is something we don’t joke about,” Lauren piped up knowingly. Roxanne nodded.
“Lauren changed me two years ago…we have kept this from you for that long because, think about it. Now that we are juniors, it is easier to believe that we are vampires; the maturity level has gone up, instead of the childish like ignorance of a freshman.” Amy’s eyes darkened.
“I am not a little kid, Roxanne.”
Roxanne gripped Amy’s shoulders.
“I never said you were. When Lauren told me, I was just a freshman; I was scared; I didn’t know how to react. You see?”
Lauren watched the scene, her knees against her chest as she rocked back and forth.
After a while Amy nodded.
“So what now, what is going to happen now?”
Roxanne looked at Lauren, grimly. Lauren bent her head.
“I’m not doing it again,” Lauren growled hoarsely
“It’s now or never Lauren! I’ll do it!” Roxanne argued.
“It’s not that simple! You haven’t killed someone; you haven’t damned someone to eternal night!” Lauren yelled, getting right in Roxanne’s face
“It’s time.”
Amy’s eyes widened, fear reeked from her sending pangs of sadness through Roxanne. The look reminded her of her, all those years ago.
“For what?” she whispered, already knowing the answer and Roxanne’s teeth seemed to grow unnaturally sharper while her eyes grew bright silver in the dim light.
“Your change, if you do not become a vampire, you will be killed, especially now that you know about us.” Roxanne droned.
“Why? I won’t tell! Who would I tell?” Amy grew desperate; she backed away from Roxanne, paler than a ghost.
“Please Amy…please…trust us…everything will be explained…all questions will be answered. Please, trust us.” Roxanne looked weary; Lauren was now at her side, sadness in her eyes.
“What about my parents? What will I tell them?” Amy croaked, a tear tracing her face.
“Absolutely nothing,” Roxanne whispered, putting her hand in front of Amy’s face, making the girl’s eyes droop and close.
 
Darius sat back, quite pleased with himself. It had been a while since he had this much fun messing with the lives of young vampires. Especially ones this dramatic! He watched, a smirk adorning his cold face as the blonde haired girl leaned forward and pierced the brown haired girl’s neck. It was done. He laughed the sound echoing off the slate walls. Darius waved a hand over the watery image, his smirk widening as a wicked idea formed in his mind.
“Guido! Come here this instant. I have a proposition for you.” At once, the servant appeared before him, kneeled over and afraid.
“Yes Master?”
Darius smiled pleasantly, beckoning the shivering teenage boy to his side.
“Would you like to be apart of a little plan of mine?” he asked, bringing up a watery image. The boy’s eyes glazed over, his mouth dropped.
Darius smirked, images of Lauren shimmered before them and bless his soul, and Guido was clearly smitten.
“Ye…yes Master…” the boy replied softly, his dark eyes distant.
“Then you must become a gentleman my dear boy, for you are going to meet this young girl and acquire her as a companion.”
Guido nodded, barely hearing his Master’s command. The girl was beautiful; her blue eyes were as bright as stars with such depth like the ocean. He fond himself lost in her gaze.
“Go…stay in touch and remember what you are…” Darius made the image disappear, making Guido wake from his dream like state.
“Yes Master,” he bowed and walked away briskly, a wide smile on his face and a slight skip in his step.
 
 


© 2008


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on March 30, 2008


Author


Writing
Chapter One & Two Chapter One & Two

A Chapter by


Fate's Design Fate's Design

A Book by