Bound By Blood Chapter Eighteen

Bound By Blood Chapter Eighteen

A Chapter by

Chapter Eighteen
 
“Yeah that dark, hot, scary place under our feet,” Lauren piped up from behind the bathroom stall, leaning against it while drinking from a silver flask with a skull as the cap.
“I hate this crap,” Lauren growled, swigging down more of the potion.
“Lauren, please. You will not go to Hell for throwing that kid in the lake,” Roxanne groaned, banging her head on the back of her door, occasionally biting on a fingernail.
“Well, still! It was awful of me! Although, I did enjoy it immensely,” Lauren added, twisting the cap on and replacing the flask back onto her hip. She opened her door and kicked Roxanne’s door, receiving several curses and a punch to the shoulder from Roxanne.
“I don’t understand why you take substitution blood instead of the real thing,” Roxanne muttered, glancing at Lauren's flask.
“I don’t either, it just helps control my appetite,” Lauren replied, shrugging her shoulders.
“Well it doesn’t do a very good job then,” Roxanne retorted impishly.
“Oh shut it,”
They walked out of the bathroom and into the hallway.
“Ugh, it is so good to be back in civilization!” Lauren cried, throwing her hands up and letting one rest across Roxanne’s shoulder.
“You can say that again. Nature was ok, but after a while, it was all over me, and I like my water heaters way too much to just leave them without anybody to use all its hot water,” Roxanne replied, draping a arm across Lauren’s shoulders. With her free hand, she pulled out a pack of gum and offered a piece to Lauren, who took it gratefully. Lauren looked around and noticed one of the freshmen from band and flicked the wrapper at her, hitting her in the back of the head. The young girl turned around, looking for the villain.
“Oops,” Lauren giggled, chewing on her gum.
“You are so mean,” Roxanne said, lightly slapping Lauren on her arm. Damien walked up at that moment and squeezed his body between the two friends and draped his arms around their shoulders. He lightly squeezed Lauren’s shoulder, guiding them towards their next class.
“I still can’t believe you were accepted as a foreign exchange student,” Lauren mumbled, snaking her arm around his waist, under his jacket, careful not to touch Roxanne’s waist. She looked up to see Damien smile with satisfaction and leaned forward to look at Roxanne.
“It was only because I am a bloody genius,” Damien said, smiling even more, drumming his fingers on Lauren’s shoulder.
“Language, Mr. Genius,” Roxanne growled lightly, elbowing him in the stomach. Lauren paled when she felt Roxanne’s elbow brush against her fingers and she stuffed her fingers under Damien’s shirt. Roxanne glanced down looking for the fingers but shrugged her shoulders when she couldn’t see them. Damien paled and then colored; Lauren had to be very discreet when she was with Damien. Although she hadn’t seen Van in over four months, they were still technically dating.
A girl walked up and bumped into Lauren’s shoulder, causing her to nearly fall over.
“Excuse you,” Lauren called to her, glaring at the retreating figure. The girl turned around and started to berate her.     
“So tell me how long did you wait before dating again?” the girl asked, nodding towards Damien. Lauren immediately slipped her fingers from his pocket, blushing.
“What are you talking about?” Damien retorted, keeping his hand around Lauren’s shoulder.
“I am just wondering how long did you wait. Two days, maybe a whole week before forgetting about him, and moving on,” the girl snapped. Lauren started to grow angry and stepped forward, glaring at her tormenter.
“What are you talking about?” She said, repeating Damien.
“Van, you dumb a*s! How long did you wait after you found out he was dead?” the girl screamed. Lauren’s face turned white once more and her mouth grew dry.
“What?”
“Don’t play coy with me you a*s. How could you not know he was dead?” with that the girl stormed off, leaving behind a trail of curses and crude finger gestures.
“Such colorful language, that one has,” Roxanne mumbled turning back around to head to class. Lauren remained rooted to the spot, gaping at the girl, her hear beat racing. She felt Damien’s fingers wrap around her shoulders and then she felt his breath on her ear.
“Do not pine away for him my love. He was going to kill you at Darius’ command,” Damien whispered quietly. Lauren spun around to stare at him, her eyes boring into his, searching for the truth. And there she found it, right next to the love in his eyes. She grabbed his hand and allowed him to lead her to their class.
“And who might you be?” Mr. Chambers asked, looking at Damien and looking at his role sheet.
“I’m the new foreign exchange student, Sir,” Damien replied, gazing up at the aging man.
“Hmm, I see that. And what is your name my boy?” Chambers asked.
“Jesse Black,” Damien said, never missing a beat.
“I see you have met Lauren Goodrich, one of my top students and her friend, Roxanne Dracul, also another top student,” Chambers said nodding towards Damien’s and Lauren’s conjoined hands.
“Yes Sir,”
“Fantastic, well have a seat,”
Damien took a seat behind Lauren’s desk, their hands never parting. Lauren had to sit sideways so he could keep his hold on her. He finally released her hand when Mr. Chambers looked at him with a warning glance; he started to trace figures on Lauren’s back, making her shiver. She turned around and slapped him on the hand, smiling lightly at him when he grabbed her fingers. Roxanne gagged into her sleeve as she watched the scene play out before her.
“It’s like watching a porno with clothes,” Roxanne mumbled, unaware she said it aloud when Mr. Chambers asked her what she said.
“Oh, I was asking whether or not Bruno had more than one set of clothes,” Roxanne said, holding up her book for him to see.
“Interesting question, Miss Dracul, Bruno in fact owned only one pair of clothes…” the rest was drowned about by the commotion outside the door with the sea of students making their way to lunch. Lauren was in a stupor the entire class, leaning into Damien’s touch, hoping he could trace away the pain that settled into her heart, first Amy and now Van. Amy. What became of her? Lauren leaned close to Roxanne, whispering in hushed tones.
“What happened to Amy?”
“Lauren, I told you. Dar-“
“No, I know that, but what about her funeral, why weren’t we there?”
“Her parents had a lovely reception, so I heard, and you know her parents thought we were the root of all evil,” Roxanne whispered, her eyes staying glued on the board, her hand continuing to fly across her paper as she jotted down notes.
“Miss Goodrich. Is there something you need?” Chambers voice made Lauren jump.
“Yes Sir. Why was Bruno convicted of a crime he did not and possibly could not commit? Didn’t his supervisors see that he was not even capable of completing such a simple task as tying his shoes?” Lauren said quickly, pointing to her book. Once more, Mr. Chambers answered the question which was ignored with the first words that dripped from his mouth.
The second lunch bell sounded and Lauren stood up along with Roxanne and walked out of the door with Damien’s hands plastered to her waist. Roxanne gagged again and punched Lauren in the arm.
“Will you two knock it off? They have a law about PDA you know,” Roxanne growled. Lauren stuck her tongue out at Roxanne, wrapping her arm around Damien’s waist. Roxanne was taking this whole dating business a lot better than Lauren predicted. Damien whispered something in her ear and walked off towards the senior lockers. Roxanne looked at Lauren with a puzzled look but kept walking, closing the gap between them.
“You know, you could’ve told me,” Roxanne said flatly, running a hand through her auburn hair.
“About?” Lauren replied just as flatly, chewing on a nail.
“About you and him,” Roxanne said harshly, jerking her heads towards the senior lockers.
“Well, excuse me; I didn’t realize I needed your permission to date somebody,” Lauren said, stopping and watching Roxanne. Roxanne, feeling her absence, stopped and stared at Lauren, placing a hand on her hip.
“You know, I don’t even know why I am having this conversation with you,” Roxanne sighed, turning around. Lauren stepped forward and grabbed her under the elbow and spun Roxanne around.
“No, we are going to finish this conversation you find so repulsive,” Lauren spat.
“Why is it that you get all the guys? When is it my turn?” Roxanne said, snatching her arm out of Lauren’s grasp.
“I do not get all the guys, Roxanne. They’re lucky to have me,” Lauren said, ice freezing her words.
“So what is Damien? Another new toy to play with until a new model is on display?” Roxanne growled, stepping towards Lauren. Lauren did not move or flinch; she stood her ground, staring down at Roxanne who stood a full inch and a half shorter than her.
Jesse is the real thing, he’s different, and he’s special,”
“You know he’s going to kill you, right? So why bother with the heartbreak in the end and end it now,”
“You’re lying to me. You’re just jealous!” Lauren whispered hoarsely, the venom thundering in her ears. Lauren took a step forward, Roxanne a step back.
“You know, like the rest of us, the heir cannot lie to their sires,” Roxanne snarled viciously.
“Knowing you, you probably found away around that law,” Lauren growled ferociously, mocking Roxanne’s tone. Lauren turned on her heal, leaving Roxanne standing alone in the hallway, contemplating about what she said.
She sat down with a huff at their lunch table when without warning, her dead heart quickened. Before the hand touched her, Lauren spoke with as much gentleness she could muster.
“Why hello my long awaited love, or should I perhaps refer to you by another name, Jesse Black perhaps?” Lauren said quietly, relishing in the feel of his hands on her shoulders.
“How did you know it was me?” Damien asked quietly, slipping into the seat beside her, wrapping his hand around her right hand.
“My heart always beats a little faster when you’re near,” Lauren replied, resting her chin in her hand, looking at Damien, her eyes falling to his lips. Bad Boo Bear, She thought to herself.
“Does it now?” Damien questioned, leaning in closer to Lauren, staring into her eyes.
“It does. Keep looking at me like that and I’m afraid I will be reduced to nothing more than a puddle,” Lauren murmured, continuing to look him in the eye, even if it cost her great looks.
“Perhaps I should stay away then,” Damien whispered, leaning into her face, his breath tickling her ear.
“Mmm, no, we’ll find a way to calm it,” two inches separated their lips when an atrocious sound pulled them out of their reverie.
 “Thanks for leaving me out in the hallway, Lauren. Hello Jesse,” Roxanne said, saying the last part with a false sugary sweetness.
“I did no such thing, you chose to stand there gawking,” Lauren said coolly, staring at Roxanne with cold eyes.
“Well aren’t we bitchy today,”
“Very,” Lauren replied, turning her head back to Damien.
“How about we retract those claws and have a nice lunch,” Damien suggested, squeezing Lauren’s hand slightly.
“Roxanne started it,” Lauren mumbled under her breath.
“Did not,” Roxanne rebuked, sticking her tongue out at Lauren. Lauren cracked a smile, hiding it with her hand.
“Pray tell that is not a smile upon the face of evil!” Roxanne cried, trying to pry Lauren’s hand away from her mouth. Lauren laughed even harder and Roxanne sat back, satisfied that she had eased the tension between them.
“May I sit here?” A tall lanky young man asked, pointing to the seat right beside Roxanne. She turned her head to see none other than Roarke Summers standing beside her.
“If you must,” Roxanne sighed, moving her stuff over so he could take his place beside her. He wiped his long curly black hair away from his face, revealing the bluest eyes Roxanne had ever seen. They reminded her of the hottest part of the flame, burning a hole into her heart. The muscles in his jaw clenched, and his eyes continued to stare at her.
“You know, you have really pretty eyes,” Roxanne said without thinking, mentally kicking herself, hard.
“Oh, thanks. Yours aren’t so bad either. I’ve always been a sucker for you, your eyes I mean,” Roarke stammered, collecting his composure.
“Oh, thank you. When did you get contacts?” Roxanne asked, a blush creeping up on her face.
“Umm, I didn’t actually have to get any. It was kind of weird. I woke up one day and it was like a Peter Parker moment. Just didn’t need them any more,” he said, crossing his arms on the table, never breaking eye contact with her. Images from the Spider-Man movie came into Roxanne’s mind, Peter Parker without his shirt on. The temperature raised a couple of degrees in the cafeteria and Roxanne had to wipe the brim of sweat forming on her head.
“Well that’s cool. I never knew you had this lunch,” Roxanne said, quietly staring into his eyes, her heart hammering away in her chest, threatening to beat a hole through her chest.
“I transferred to this lunch because I think we have chemistry between us. I think we are meant to be together and I know about your secret,” Roarke whispered, leaning close to Roxanne so that only she could hear. Her mouth went dry.
“M-my secret? I don’t have a secret,” Roxanne said shakily.
“Yes you do, you’re dirty little secret you don’t want anyone to know about,”
“I have no idea what you are talking about,” Roxanne whispered, her voice growing raspy.
“Of course you do,” he pulled back the collar of his shirt with one hand and reached over with his other to do the same to Roxanne’s. Identical bite marks were etched into their skin, a permanent tattoo. Roxanne jerked away from his hand, covering her neck with her own, staring at him with wide eyes.
“I don’t know what it is about you, but I can’t stop thinking about you,” Roarke whispered huskily, breaking eye contact to stare at her lips.
“I have to go,” Roxanne said hurriedly, jumping out of her seat, grabbing her bag and swinging it onto her shoulder.
“And to where might you be going?” Roarke asked, gazing up at her.
“Class.” Roxanne said shortly, turning on her heel when she felt a hand touch her arm hesitantly.
“There’s forty five minutes left of lunch, all the teachers are out stuffing their faces in the faculty room. Stay, please?” He pleaded, staring up at her.
“Roarke, you seem like a nice guy, but I know nothing about you,” Roxanne sighed, sitting back down.
“Well, then, that’s what Friday night dinners at seven are all about aren’t they, getting to know your date. I’ll pick you up at six thirty,” Roarke stood up, gave Roxanne a small bow, and walked towards the library. Roxanne started to piece together his words.
“Friday? That’s today, Roarke!” Roxanne stood up and followed him to the library. She walked into the library and started down the rows, looking for him. Roarke snuck up behind her and grabbed her sides. She let out a shriek and turned around and smacked him on his arm.
“What the crap, Roarke! You know, you’re sneaky. What do you want?” Roxanne whispered harshly, prodding him in the chest.
“My desire is as insignificant as a tear on a stormy night, but as powerful as Zeus’ Bolts.”
“Where did that one come from?” Roxanne asked, staring into his eyes, losing her senses in their depths.
“I made it up,”
“What was the inspiration?”
“You,” He whispered hoarsely, his arm reaching slowly out to grasp her fingers.
“Roarke…” Roxanne said, through a thick throat.
“I’ll pick you up at six thirty,” and with that, Roarke strode away, leaving Roxanne standing between rows of dusty books leering at her.
“So, who’s the hunk?” Lauren’s voice startled Roxanne as she spun around to see Lauren and Damien on the couch, reading magazines.
“When did you get here?”
“Don’t change the subject. We got here after ‘Roarke’ came and sat with you. So how do you two know each other?” Lauren asked, idly flipping through her magazine with Damien’s arm around her shoulder, lightly rubbing it through her shirt.
“He’s in my history class, not that bad looking I suppose,” Roxanne said while looking out the opened doors of the library.
“Ow, not so hard, my shoulder’s still sore,” Lauren winced, slightly flinching under Damien’s hand.
“Sorry,” Damien said, hurt in his voice. Roxanne cleared her throat and stared at Lauren, crossing her arms across her chest.
“Are you listening?” Roxanne demanded, feigning authority. Lauren scoffed, settling back into Damien’s side.
“But of course! So, how long have you and Roarke been at it?” Lauren asked, turning the page of her magazine, her eyes just barely visible over the cover, staring at Roxanne.
“Been at what? We haven’t been doing anything up until today when he sat with me…us,” Roxanne said, plopping down next to Lauren, grabbing a magazine of her own,
“Mhm, so what are you going to do about the situation at hand?” Lauren asked, gazing over the top of her magazine to look at Roxanne. Roxanne gave a shrug, continuing to read the magazine.
“I’m not sure, maybe I’ll allow him to take me out tonight. Who knows, it might be fun,” Roxanne murmured, scanning over an article about fooling your crush.
“Perhaps,” Lauren said, grinning wicked, waiting for Roxanne to blow up in her face.
“Lauren, you know how much I hate that word,”
“Hence why I say it so much, retard,” Lauren replied cheekily. Roxanne smacked Lauren on the arm, making Lauren hiss at the contact.
“Watch it. Do I have to separate the both of you?” Damien’s voice, strong and low, sent shivers down the girl’s spines. Authority rang in his tone, causing Roxanne to sit on her hands and Lauren to bite her lip.
“No Sir, soldier sir!” Roxanne said, looking straight ahead, trying desperately to keep a straight face. Lauren snorted into her magazine, using it to conceal the smile on her face. Things were almost back to normal, only, there was no Amy to share in their laughter.
“Why is it, that whenever we have a fight, we always patch things up thirty minutes later? You know, that’s not normal,” Lauren asked, lifting the magazine off her face.
“Because you can’t stay mad at me,” Roxanne replied, smirking at Lauren.
“Yeah, whatever, it’s because I’m too cute to stay mad at,” Lauren said while trying to stifle a yawn. Just then Christina walked into the library, her hand entwined with James. She noticed the trio sitting at couch and walked over, James following like a love sick puppy.
“Hey Bear! And my other love, Roxanne. And the boy who is sitting dangerously close to my sister,” Christina said, eyeing Damien suspiciously.
“Oh sorry, Chris, this is Jesse. He’s also a foreign exchange student,” Lauren said, scooting closer to Damien.
“Ah, so I see you actually follow one of my examples,” Christina said, winking at the pair on the couch. Damien held his hand out to Christina who took it firmly.
 


© 2008


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on March 30, 2008


Author


Writing
Chapter One & Two Chapter One & Two

A Chapter by


Fate's Design Fate's Design

A Book by