Bound By Blood Chapter Five

Bound By Blood Chapter Five

A Chapter by

Chapter Five
 
 
          Amy Lewis stared at the new school in front of her, her nerves leaping like angry snakes, while her heart throbbed in her head.
“I am never going to fit in here…” she mumbled, casting a weakened smile over her shoulder at her waving mom and dad.
“I am not even supposed to be in this grade,” Amy heaved her bag on one shoulder, flipped a loose strand of brown hair from her eyes and trudged onwards towards Caldwell High School. She had no idea what a day it was going to be.
 
 
It had been a year since that day, the day when their friendship had been put to the ultimate test. Lauren glanced behind her at Roxanne who was busy adjusting her stand, her eyes busy studying the piece of music before her while a tuba jittered away, trying to distract her from her inquisitions.
Lauren smirked, this she had to see. Roxanne loathed Israel with every fiber in her body. Roxanne constantly swore about how much she wished she could stuff his head in his tuba.
Roxanne growled, her eyes flashing,
“Don’t you ever shut up?” she hissed at the tuba player, acid in her tone.
“Yeah…but…I want…”
“Yeah? I want you to stick your head down your bell too, go right ahead, I bet even God would cheer,” Roxanne snapped, flexing out her baritone like some weapon, the tuba player shrank back, pale and quiet.
Roxanne was grumbling as she reclined back in her seat.
“I hate where I sit.”
Lauren snickered softly, grinning at Roxanne who smirked in response.
“Now class, we have a new student joining our class from Austin, Texas! Come on over her Miss Amy Lewis,” Mr. Listrell announced.
One kid stood up and waved an imaginary cowboy hat and cried out a ‘Yeehaw!’ The room erupted into laughter and Amy blushed furiously. Roxanne and Lauren both watched as a girl stepped from the corner of the band hall, her eyes wide with fear, and her complexion beat red.
Mr. Listrell smiled kindly.
“She plays the flute; I hope all of you give her a warm welcome.”
 The flutes watched this new girl cross over and sit down at the end of the row, biting her lower lip.
‘Hi,” she mumbled and got a cold reception from the entire section, except for Lauren. She moved over next to the girl and sat down beside her.
“Hi! My name is Lauren Goodrich. How are you?”
Amy cocked a brow at the girl; she had bright blue eyes (like her own) and a very jubilant laugh.
“Umm…fine…I guess.”
Roxanne watched the scene chuckling softly; Lauren never ceased to be friendly, unlike her self. She was cold inside and out.
“Roxanne…uh Roxanne hey…um…” a stuttering Israel piped up, his voice high pitched.
“What?” Roxanne replied, glaring at him. The rest of the tuba section snickered. Israel never gave up.
“That Amy chick…she is kind of hot…would…would you…”
“Forget about it, Israel.” Roxanne cut him off, disgusted.
 
“So…who are all your friends?” Amy asked as they walked out onto the covered parking lot, filled with chatting teens here and there. Lauren motioned with her hand to a girl leaning against a pole, her eyes a cold green and her hair was auburn brown, a scowl was fixed upon her face as her eyes swept over the different groups of gossiping teenagers.
“Pathetic,” Roxanne mumbled, unaware of Lauren and Amy’s presence until Lauren cleared her throat.
“Hey Roxanne,” Lauren grinned at the look on Roxanne’s face.
“Hey,” the girl named Roxanne replied shortly her eyes snapping onto the girl next to Lauren, a soft smile replaced the rigid scowl.
“You are that new girl aren’t you? My name is Roxanne Dracul, and no, I am not a descendant of Dracula, so don’t even ask,” Roxanne extended a hand grasping Amy’s held out one.
“Liar,” Lauren coughed. Roxanne shot her an icy glare. Amy smiled slightly.
“How long have ya’ll been friends?”
“Too long,” Roxanne replied instantly, rolling her eyes.
“Eleven years,” Lauren answered. Amy leaned against the pole opposite from Roxanne.
“I guess I don’t really have to introduce myself. Lauren has shown me around and we pretty much have all classes together,” she motioned to Lauren.
“How come you didn’t join in our conversations?” Amy asked innocently.
“I don’t talk much, especially in class; I usually keep to my work.”
Lauren laughed slightly, grasping Roxanne by the shoulders.
“She is cruel and cold hearted, ask any guy. I am the same way,” she grinned wickedly. Amy laughed, the “new kid” shell cracking, relief spreading through her. Lauren put another arm around Amy’s shoulders.
“We are the Three Musketeers!”
“Or Charlie’s Angels,” Amy remarked; Roxanne scowled at her heavily.
“Or Beevis with two Buttheads,” Roxanne muttered.
Thus the trio was formed.
 
 
 
 


© 2008


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on March 30, 2008


Author


Writing
Chapter One & Two Chapter One & Two

A Chapter by


Fate's Design Fate's Design

A Book by