Chapter 9: Note to Self: I Miss You Terribly.

Chapter 9: Note to Self: I Miss You Terribly.

A Chapter by Ana:D

New Years came and went and it was now the day right before Hannah had to go back to school. She had had a good break hanging out with her new found friends and secret friend as she liked to call Trevor.

            She was sitting in the porch in her pajamas reading a book she had gotten for Christmas. Everything was nice and quiet and the morning air was crisp.

“Sonny said it was alright to tell you now!” Matt said interrupting the peaceful atmosphere by jumping on her.

“Tell me what?” she asked.

“We got a gig!” he shouted.

“Really, that’s amazing, where and when?” she asked becoming excited.

“Tonight at Seven’s.”

“You mean the venue Seven’s?” Matt nodded in excitement. “That’s amazing!” she smiled.

“I’m so stoked.” He smiled back.

“Wait, who’s covering vocals?”

“We have it covered.” He assured her.

            She guessed that the boys left to go practice for the night because the house remained entirely too quiet. She wanted to be surprised when they performed so she didn’t go. Seven’s was a local venue that unknown bands played at. Some were newly signed and others weren’t like Sophomore.

            Hannah spent the whole rest of the morning reading and playing with her necklace that Trevor gave had given her. She thought of how he had stopped his reputation of being a player. It almost seemed too god to be true. She believed that people could change just not that fast. She knew that she shouldn’t ever put her guard down because he knew how to make a girl smile. He was good at getting the girl just not keeping her.

“Sonny called, he wants you at the venue at 6:30.” Mrs. Bearings notified her. It was almost 5:00 so she decided to get ready ahead of time until then.

            Hannah quickly took a shower and by the time she was done it was almost 6:00. She spent some time on her hair and ran out the door.

            Once she got to the venue she had to wait in line until it opened. The wait didn’t take that long since she came a little later. She got tagged and then entered the small venue. She worked through all the people to get to the stage. She staid there no matter how many people pushed her around. Hannah thought about the boys and how nervous they would be if they saw how many people were there. She estimated forty of fifty.

            She looked up at the stage to see Alex’s head poking out and looking at the crowd. She caught his eye and waved. He motioned her to come backstage, but she shook her head. She didn’t want to lose her spot in the front. She knew that when the band came out and started playing that she’d be smashed into the barrier. But she didn’t mind.

“Hey, I’ve seen you around school, I’m Ray.” :D Yay! A boy said next to her.

“Hannah, I think we have English together.” She replied recognizing him.

“We use to have study hall together but someone quit.” He joked.

“Well, people were throwing paper balls at me.” Ray smirked.

“So did you come here alone?” he asked.

“Yeah, but my friends are playing.”

“Who are they?” he asked her.

“Sophomore.”

“Really, I’ve known them for forever.”

“It’s funny they never mentioned you.” She smirked at him.

“Well, we sort of lost touch.” He replied as the first band took the stage.

            They were called The Max. They were pretty good but Hannah thought that Sophomore was better. The lead singer couldn’t stop tripping and was jumping all over the place. At one point Hannah thought he was going to fall on top of her. For the most part their set was good but she was really anxious for her friends.

            Alex got pushed on stage first followed by Chase, Matt, and lastly Sonny. They got in their positions but Alex didn’t set up center this time, he was in his usual spot to the right. Hannah shouted and the first chords were played. When the vocals came on Hannah scanned the band to see none of their lips moving. She smiled when she saw Trevor prance onto the stage. He seemed to hype up the crowd even more if that was possible. When their set was finished Hannah waited outside for them. Since they had school the next day they couldn’t stay for the whole show.

“Why didn’t you guys tell me?” Hannah playfully punched Matt.

“We wanted to surprise you.” Alex replied.

“Well, I’m definitely surprised. Wait, does this mean Trevor is still in the band?” she asked.

“Everyone deserves a second chance.” Trevor said smiling.

“You know if I were you, I would punish him.” Hannah said getting into her car.

“That’s not a bad idea.” Chase said turning to see Trevor’s horrified face.

            At home Sonny was sprawled out across the kitchen floor.

“Tired?” Hannah asked stepping over him.

“Yes, it’s not easy being the drummer.” He whined.

“Oh poor baby.” She mocked him.

“Why haven’t you taken that necklace off yet?” he said sitting up and looking at her.

“I don’t know?”

“Is it because Trevor gave it to you?” he smiled.

“No, and how did you know that?” she asked him.

“He told me.”

“Oh.” She mumbled and took the necklace off. “See its off.” She set it on the counter and went upstairs.

            She walked into her room and turned the light on.

“Have you really not taken the necklace off since I gave it to you?”

“Get off my bed Trevor.” She said pushing him off. He just smirked at her,

“Goodnight Hannah.” Trevor waved and walked out of the room.

“I really need to get a lock.” Hannah said to herself.

 

            Trevor walked home from Sonny’s dancing and singing down the street. He had just performed and awesome show, with his awesome band, in am awesome venue.

“Hey, X-man!” Trevor called out to his brother.

“Yes, Trevorsaurus?” he said.

“Have I told you that I love you lately?” he said attacking his brother with a hug.

“Ew! Mommy help!” Alex yelled.

“Love has all the help you need.” Trevor smiled.

“Trevor decided he loves me, help!” Alex cried.

“Trevor love your brother a little less.” Their father told them.

“Aw, is loving a crime?”

“There’s a fine line between love and molestation.” Alex said running away.

 



© 2008 Ana:D


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on February 6, 2008


Author

Ana:D
Ana:D

Chicago, IL



About
Ana is a girl. She likes thunderstorms,writing,bass,concerts,killing bugs, and sitting in closets. She can't live without MUSIC. She has a new favorite band every week. She gets writerblock A LOT so i.. more..

Writing
Trapt. Trapt.

A Poem by Ana:D