Chapter 13: Should I Write Myself Out Of the History Books.

Chapter 13: Should I Write Myself Out Of the History Books.

A Chapter by Ana:D

Trevor looked up to see a smiling and bright Sonny. He walked into the house.

“Um, is practice today?” he asked.

“Yeah, why don’t you call the guys? I don’t think they know.” Sonny said closing the door.

            Trevor pulled out his trusty cell phone and dialed up the guys. He told them to come down and bring their instruments. Last time Chase and Matt claimed they ‘forgot’ to bring their guitars. They were just too lazy to hull it down there.

            The boys came to the house in a couple minutes because they all lived conveniently close to each other. Chase’s hair was extremely messed up and he looked like a zombie. No wonder because he was way too sick to be there. Matt just shuffled in. He looked like he didn’t really want to be there, like there was anything better he could do. Alex was the only one, besides Sonny, who was happy to be there.

“Everyone in the basement now.” Sonny said trying to get a move on things.

“Guys, guess what!” Alex seemed overly excited.

“What, little Shinnings?” His brother asked.

“I wrote a song!” he clapped.

“Yeah, sure you did.” Matt said sarcastically tuning his guitar in the corner.

“No, seriously.” Alex said getting a straight face.

“I want to see.” Sonny said jumping over to him. Alex held out a paper and showed Sonny. “This is…good.” He said looking at Alex in surprise.

“Let me see.” Chase croaked. He slowly made his way over and looked. “Wow, from what I can see that’s not going double its good.”

            They decided to try out the song and went straight to it. They decided that they should stop because Chase literally fell asleep playing. Sonny had to carry him into the living room and throw him on the couch. He didn’t wake up but groan in pain.

“He’s heavy than he looks. And my back is officially dead.” Sonny said holding his throbbing back.

“So, what now?” Matt said looking at Chase who was now snoring obnoxiously loud.

“I guess you guys can go home. Does somebody want to take Chase home because I am not carrying that dude anywhere again?” Sonny said.

“I’ll take him.” Trevor said picking him up.

            Trevor got him in the car and buckled him in. He shouldn’t have come to practice if he knew he was going to pass out.

“Are you going to drive?” Trevor asked his brother.

“Really, you’re letting me drive again?”

“Well, you didn’t exactly kill us last time.”

 

            Hannah was sitting in her room. It was getting dark outside and she just stared at the sun as it set. Her new room wasn’t too bad. It was small and she lived in an apartment, but at least she lived with her dad. There were three rooms and one bathroom. She knew this was all her dad could afford but at least he was trying.

“Hannah bear, dinner.” Her dad said from the door.

“Yeah, coming.” She said getting off her bed and walking to the kitchen.

“Bon appetite.” Her father said.

“You just heated up ramen noodles.” She said.

“Ouch are you always this moody?” he laughed.

“I guess.” She said.

“So what do you think of my place?” he asked.

“It’s nice.” She said playing with her food instead of eating it.

“You don’t like it, do you?”

“You’re trying.” She said looking up at him.

“Your mom said you would look at this place and turn around.”

“Well, I’m still here.”

“You want to turn around.” He said taking his ramen noodles and turning on the TV, leaving Hannah sitting at the small table.

            This would be her new life. She should make the most of it. She went into her room and unpacked her things. She placed everything carefully and she unpacked all of it. She knew that she couldn’t back out of this now.

            The next morning Hannah had to go to school. Another day that she got to make a first impression. She was going to lie under the radar like she always did. She probably wouldn’t have made friends if Matt hadn’t approached her.

            She got ready and drove off towards her new school. The neighbor hood wasn’t exactly the best part of town either. This made Hannah a little nervous about the school.

“Hello?” she answered her cell. “Matt!” she smiled and pulled over the car because she wasn’t good at multitasking.

“I wish I could hear it but I can’t.” she frowned. “I’m not coming back. I’m sorry.” She said softly. “I have to go.” She hung up and continued her way to school.

            When she got there she saw the kids hanging out in the front of the school as usual. She got out of the car and told herself that she just needed to get through the day. She knew people were whispering stuff like ‘who is that?” and ‘is she new?” as she walked by. She went straight inside to get her schedule and her locker number.  She approached a middle aged woman at her desk.

“I’m the transfer.” She said.

“Ms. Hannah Bearings, yes, here’s your schedule.” She said handing it to her.

“Where’s my locker?” she asked.

“There are no more lockers left.” She smiled.

“But where am I suppose to put my books?” she asked.

“Honey, you and I both know that you’re not going to read them anyway.” Hannah just walked away and went to her first class.

            She took a seat at the very back and stared at the desk which had been written all over. Alex was here was scribbled in the middle in sharpie. She got up and switched desks.

            The first class was alright except the fact that the teacher kept asking her questions and everyone was always staring at her. So much for staying under the radar. She went to her second class and shuddered. It was math and there were only three people in that class besides her.

“Welcome, to AP Math.” The teacher welcomed her.

“Where is everyone?” she asked.

“I don’t think that most of them are planning on going to college.” He replied.

“Ms. Hannah Bearings please come to the office.” The intercom sounded. She slowly got out of her seat. Her first day and she was already getting in trouble.

 

            Trevor decided to skip school the next day because Chase had gotten him sick. He laid in bed and cold barely mumble. This was bad because the band couldn’t practice. He was bored out of his mind and really needed to go to the doctor.

“Trevor, let’s go.” His mother said helping him out of bed and into the car. They drove down to the doctor.

“Well, it looks like you have a touch of the flu with bronchitis.” The doctor said prescribing him some medicine.

            When he got home he was so exhausted and he crashed on the couch. Normally, he would enjoy staying home and not go to school.

“I’m going to go pick up the medication.” His mom said walking out.

            Trevor dialed Molly’s number even though he knew he shouldn’t talk.

“Hey, this is Hannah leave a message and I’ll get back to you.” He groaned at how he dialed the wrong number. He tried again.

“Hello?” he mumbled. “Molly!” he said a little too loud. “Ouch.” He said gripping his throat.

            Within an hour Molly showed up at his door. She walked up to his room and found him dead asleep.

“Trevor?” she shook him lightly.

“Molly!” he said.

“How are you feeling?” she asked.

“Sick.” He groaned.

“Is this all you did?” she asked.

“Yeah, what about you?”

“I did something kinda bad but good.” She smiled.

“Huh?” he said confused.

“You know Danny, well he gave me a joint.” She smiled.

“What?” he screeched. It probably wasn’t too good for is voice.

“It was really amazing.”

“Out!” he said.

“What?” she said confused.

“I’m really sick and getting a headache. Out.” He repeated.

            He really couldn’t think after he heard that. He had friends that were into drugs but he wasn’t that kind of guy. He just really didn’t want his girlfriend to be doing it. But it was her choice and it was her that was going to be affected.

 

            Hannah slowly approached the office. She didn’t even know what she did. She knocked on the door and heard a voice telling her to come in.

“Mom?” she said surprised.

“Hey, I’m going to take you out for a bit if you don’t mind.” She said ushering her out of the room.

“Where are we going?”

“Just out to lunch.” Her mom smiled.

“But it’s only nine.” She smirked because her mom wanted her to miss school.

            She got in her car and they went to a restaurant. They sat down and talked a little bit.

“Now, let me tell you the real reason I stopped by.” She said.

“What?” Hannah asked.

“I don’t want you living with your dad.” She stated bluntly.

“Um, why?”

“He’s doing really bad things to keep that crappy apartment and I don’t want you in this environment.”

“Then where do you suggest I live?” Hannah asked.

“Go back to your aunt and uncle. Everything was going great there until your dad showed up. He always has a knack for ruining things.”

“But you have to pay them to keep me there.” Hannah pouted.

“I don’t mind.” She smiled.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m positive.”

 

 



© 2008 Ana:D


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on February 6, 2008


Author

Ana:D
Ana:D

Chicago, IL



About
Ana is a girl. She likes thunderstorms,writing,bass,concerts,killing bugs, and sitting in closets. She can't live without MUSIC. She has a new favorite band every week. She gets writerblock A LOT so i.. more..

Writing
Trapt. Trapt.

A Poem by Ana:D