Forbidden Love

Forbidden Love

A Chapter by Zoey Balderston
"

Chapter 2 of Love from Above

"

As we get closer and closer to our destination, indistinct outlines become breathtaking scenery. We’d worked plenty of simulations in all different climates; deserts, jungles, forests, beaches, but nothing compared to seeing the real things up close. We land in the forest not far from where a house has been set up for us. We walk around to the front of the house and in through the garage. There’s a car for each of us in the garage and I for one, can’t wait to try actually driving for the first time. The inside of the house is littered with boxes, all our stuff was sent down just ahead of us. We get to work methodically unpacking each room. As I’m trying to organize my multitude of art supplies into the desk in my room, the doorbell chimes. I rush down the stairs to see who it is, Janie and Libby trailing out of their half-unpacked bedrooms to follow me. When I open the door, my breath catches in my throat at the person standing before me.

 

“Hey, I noticed people moving into this house and thought I would come introduce myself and bring by a housewarming gift. I’m Jeremy.” He hands me a container that appears to be filled with delicious looking homemade Snickerdoodle cookies. He’s tall and lanky with straight black hair that dips into his emerald green eyes. His face is pale but has a warm, friendly glow.

 

I stare, unable to speak for a moment before I finally say, “Oh, um, hi. I’m Kelsey. These are my sisters, Libby and Janie.” They wave at him and his smile widens, bringing out dimples in his cheeks.

 

“It’s very nice to meet you all. I live in that house right over there. Maybe we could hang out sometime soon.” Jeremy says hopefully, pointing across the cul-de-sac to a two-story house surrounded by tall trees.

 

“We would love to. As soon as we get through unpacking all these boxes that is,” Janie says, gesturing to the mountains of cardboard still covering the majority of the house.

 

“Well, come on over whenever you finish,” Jeremy says as he begins backing down the front walk.

 

“We will be over soon. Bye Jeremy,” Libby calls as he turns and walks toward his house. I shut the door and stand with my back against it. I close my eyes and sigh, thinking that I may have already found the one I wish to guard.

 

When I open my eyes a moment later, Janie and Libby are staring at me.

 

“Ooo! Kelsey has a crush on the human boy!” Libby sings mockingly, dancing a little jig.

 

“Wait, what? You do?!” Janie says, dumbstruck.

 

Libby pauses her mocking to stare skeptically at Janie. “Could you really be that oblivious?! Of course she does! It was pretty obvious.”

 

“But that’s forbidden! You are not allowed to fall in love with a human! Ooo if the high council ever found out about this…”

 

“Well, you won’t tell them, will you?!” I interrupt, setting the tin of cookies down on a nearby end table.

 

“Ha! That proves it!” Libby calls, pointing at me.

 

“But… But…” I turn to flash Janie my best puppy dog look and she sighs. “Fine, I won’t tell them. But only because you are my best friend. And because I really want one of those cookies.” She says, reaching past me to pop open the container.

 

“Let me in on that action,” Libby takes two of the enormous cookies. “Well, we better get unpacking if Kelsey wants to see her love again,” she says smirking. I scowl at her but run up the stairs with my own cookie and start unpacking as fast as I can. Sadly, Libby is all too right.



© 2023 Zoey Balderston


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this. It's very easy to identify with. Well written. Very creative and different. But how are they gonna know how to drive a car? Lol

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 28, 2014
Last Updated on October 24, 2023


Author

Zoey Balderston
Zoey Balderston

AZ



About
I'm a girl who absolutely loves to read, I often got yelled at to put the book away by my teachers. I am a huge art geek. Anything to do with art I'm all for! I write and draw whenever life allows tim.. more..

Writing
The Dream The Dream

A Chapter by Zoey Balderston