Deep S**t

Deep S**t

A Chapter by Zoey Balderston
"

Chapter 31 of Love from Above

"

Jeremy’s Point of View

 

I watch anxiously as Kelsey flies down from the ledge she was hiding on. As planned, all hell breaks loose (literally) as a frenzy of demons rushes to grab her the moment she lands. Roughly, they carry Kelsey over toward the cell I’m in and toss her onto the ground next to me. She lands hard on the stone floor and winces. I crawl quickly over to her and pull her into my arms. She begins to sob quietly.

 

“I’m so sorry Jeremy. It’s entirely my fault you got dragged into this mess,” she says into my shoulder.

 

“Shh, Shh,” I soothe her. “There’s no one I’d rather risk my life for than you.”

 

“Oh, gag!” Gor says from outside the cage. “Now I see why you were used as bait.” I scowl at him over the top of Kelsey's head.

 

Three demons, larger than any of the others I had seen, nod to Gor to open the cage. One rips Kelsey from my arms and slings her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I hear her gasp in pain at being handled so roughly, and rage makes me see red. I slam myself against the door of the cage.

 

“Let her go!” I bellow futilely. They completely ignore me.

 

All the demons in the area follow Kelsey down a hall and out of sight. After a beat to make sure there are no stragglers, I motion to Janie and Libby that the coast is clear.

 

“Ha! That idiot guard made this too easy,” Libby points to a ring of keys hanging on the wall. She grabs them and starts unlocking the door. The moment it’s open, Janie and Libby get shoved into the cage by some invisible force and the door slams shut.

 

“What the hell?” I say in shock. Gor materializes out of nowhere outside the door.

 

“You don’t really think we’d be dumb enough to leave our only leverage unprotected, did you? Would you look at that, three angels for the price of one!” Gor says, sitting back in his chair, smirking triumphantly.

 

“Well, that didn’t work,” Libby says.

 

“Thank you Captain Obvious,” I reply, irritated.

 

“You’re welcome, Lieutenant Sarcasm,” she snaps back.

 

“I have to tell Kelsey,” Janie closes her eyes in concentration. “Oh no!” she says, her eyes flying open. “Something is blocking me from her, there must be warding wherever they’ve taken her putting a damper on my powers. I can’t warn her.”

 

“We are in some seriously deep s**t.” I state the obvious.



© 2023 Zoey Balderston


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on March 31, 2014
Last Updated on October 24, 2023


Author

Zoey Balderston
Zoey Balderston

AZ



About
I'm a girl who absolutely loves to read, I often got yelled at to put the book away by my teachers. I am a huge art geek. Anything to do with art I'm all for! I write and draw whenever life allows tim.. more..

Writing
The Dream The Dream

A Chapter by Zoey Balderston