Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Torek and Brillo

Torek and Brillo

A Chapter by Adam L Sinclair

     Torek could see the village up ahead. He was suddenly overcome with a great sense of accomplishment. He thought that once he explained what had happened, returned the traders property and made it clear he that he meant no one harm that the villagers might let him continue on peacefully. Torek could hear whistling, at first he thought it was a bird but he had never heard such a birdsong before. He pressed on, Brillo was on the caravan which he pulled behind him. The mutt began barking. That only ever meant that something or someone was close by, foxes or squirrels usually. Stump was even closer now, but Torek found himself slowing down. He felt on edge and he could hear Brillo whimpering. He thought he could hear voices but the sounds of the caravan as it pulled long distorted anything he thought he might have heard. He stopped. He could not hear voices just more whistling, then the sound of stressed timber. Movement to his left drew his attention. The tree is falling, he could hear sounds behind him. He turned back to the caravan but was drawn to the forest which seemed to be shifting. It was only then that he noticed the masses of chains. A trap, but it was already on its way down. Brillo, Torek jumped for the caravan and swept the mutt up with his hands and jumped for the ground with his body atop the mutts. The mass of heavy chains came down on Torek with a thunderous clap. He could barely move, a chain pressed down on his head but he could lift it slightly to see the caravan was crushed beneath one of the fallen trees. His head pounded and his ears were ringing. He could hear faint voices. He looked down on Brillo, he was unscathed. The dog licked his face. Torek tried to move but his efforts were hopeless, he was pinned down. The faint voices were becoming louder. People are coming, he could feel himself fading, his eyes heavy. He spoke out. “Help! I mean you no harm. I wanted to return....” His voice was almost a growl, much deeper than any man’s voice. He needed to make it known that he could be conversed with, he was entirely at the mercy of these villagers .He was slowly fading, his eyes lids were heavy.
       “Wait! The giant, it speaks!” a voice said.
He could feel people walking on him. He was curled up on the ground, pinned down by the chains. He could only see the ground, something sharp jabbed at his side.
      “Can you hear me giant?” a man’s voice said.
       “Yes! Yes! Please, I did not come to harm anyone. I wanted to return the traders goods. Please, I mean you no harm....no..harm....” Brillo licked his face. His eyelids fell and he faded away.




© 2013 Adam L Sinclair


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013


Author

Adam L Sinclair
Adam L Sinclair

Stirling, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom



Writing