Bringer of Carnage and Ruin

Bringer of Carnage and Ruin

A Chapter by Adam L Sinclair
"

Kill goblins. Get money.

"

Bringer of Carnage and Ruin

 

      Before he could even take a step in its direction, the last remaining Goblin darted for the ledge and disappeared into the water. He could feel Quick Finger’s shattered breath carrying across his neck, fiendishly wheezing his rider asked.

  “You’re...pretty handy...with that......club.” he felt him slump over his head.
  Torek looked down at his hands to find a beautifully crimson club glistening. He stared at it for a while before the cracks started to show, scraps of dark festering flesh and serrated splinters littered its surface. He felt the thrill of the carnage drain from his body, a sudden guilt left him cold. It felt like only that morning he had been so content within his oversized log cabin that fit him so well, yet days had passed and there he stood, a bringer of carnage and ruin. He felt a lick at his heel. “There you are Brillo, stayed out of trouble I see.” He threw the club into the river, and knelt to greet his shaggy brother, Quick Finger slid from his shoulders but he reached out to catch him. Torek’s companion felt limp, his neck barely supporting his head, eyes closed and he was chanting words unknown to him, sweat poured from his face. He saw the cages, their eyes wide with a devilish hunger. Once normal people, now soulless beasts, he could not save them. Torek knew that they needed make for Rivergate, the woods would soon take Quick Finger as it did those unfortunate souls.



© 2013 Adam L Sinclair


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on August 11, 2013
Last Updated on August 11, 2013


Author

Adam L Sinclair
Adam L Sinclair

Stirling, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom



Writing