Quick Finger and Torek

Quick Finger and Torek

A Chapter by Adam L Sinclair
"

Quick Finger is pretty pissed, and he might be going insane.

"

Quick Finger and Torek

Its only a matter of time before we perish, thought Quick Finger. It was not doubt he had in his mind but acceptance of the fate that awaited him. He had only been with the giant and his mutt a few days and he already despised them. His life was a thread of silk pulled ever so taut on the sharpest of blades. Torek was a loud and heavy beast, every crunch of earth that came from beneath his feet sang like a gravediggers song and Quick Finger could feel the dirt already washing over him. How are we to stay out of sight when the very breathe of this giant stirs the tree tops, he found it unsettling that they had not been snatched from beneath the undergrowth.
Branch Bridge was unforgiving, contorted and meshed the roots ran overground like a treacherous ocean. Torek struggled, but he kept on. It will take as twice as long to make it through these wood, he sneered at the beast ahead of him who was crawling ever so clumsily over the tangled terrain. Every moment that passed enraged him further, but they were soon upon the Leak, the river which ran through Branch Bridge. Last time he had been here there had been three bridges, but now only one stood. Torek lingered in the woods whilst Quick Finger scouted ahead. Burnt by the looks of it, he saw that the roots of the bridges that once stood were blackened and charred. He could see that this had happened not too long ago.
The one Bridge that remained stood thick and strong, its roots ran from end to end of the river banks and Quick Finger could see it was occupied. The tree Goblins he encountered in his last crossing had become more cunning. Gathering on the last remaining bridge they would either charge any that wished to cross or kill them instead, depending on who would cross the bridge. Tree Goblins would not put themselves in danger so easily, but in numbers ones brawn would count for nothing. This was their arena, there were very few that would challenge them. He looked back at Torek, they will flee at the sight of this one. He could not tell if it was the dark and infectious magic of the woods at work or the fact that to cross they would need to resort to drastic actions. All he knew was that he had never rode atop a giants shoulders before. 



© 2013 Adam L Sinclair


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on May 31, 2013
Last Updated on May 31, 2013


Author

Adam L Sinclair
Adam L Sinclair

Stirling, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom



Writing