The Crazed Boy

The Crazed Boy

A Chapter by Adam L Sinclair
"

a short prelude to the forest, Branch Bridge, which Quick Finger and Torek are about to enter.

"

The Crazed Boy

As he sat, curled beneath the bloodied thorns, he understood the reason for the tall tales. The stories he heard as a child might have served to light his imagination for a few moments, but by no means could they have readied him. The tales were told in warning, only now did he realize their purpose. They told him that the the vines within the forest could wrap and contort the corners of his mind, that the birds would drop like stones from the trees and the bark would bleed whilst the forest wept childish tears.
He would shrug off the chilling tales and continue living ignorant to the danger beyond the twisted branches. The tales of Branch Bridge were commonly known among the bandits of River Gate, so commonly known that one would assume there was no need to remind one another about the dangers. However the Crazed Boy had forgotten, and now he was to suffer for his negligence, he had wandered into the woods aimlessly and without hesitation. It did not take long for the forest to corrupt the Crazed Boy's impressionable and naive mind. Only the most experienced and head strong of wanderers could make it through Branch Bridge alive, even then what was left of them was deranged, some more so than others. Those that never made it out of Branch Bridge were said to have become the tree goblin's thralls, a twisted wanderer is said to be one of the most vicious beasts imaginable.
All the tales he had heard of this place were beginning to come back to the him, but the facts vanished just as quick as they had come. His thoughts and memories began to burst like bubbles as his mind rapidly boiled beneath his skull. He felt as if his body was no longer his, it convulsed and twitched. He tried to remain still as to try and put himself to rest but he knew then that the he was no longer the ruler of his own body, and that within moments his mind,thoughts and memories would be overthrown and left to decay like rotten bark.
He had one last moment of clarity. The mind wrenching wood began to clear of all things evil, purity and beauty was all he saw, but only for a moment. Every so slowly the beauty began to rip apart, the calm scenery was being lacerated by malicious and jagged thorns. Like a canvas being torn away piece by piece to reveal a hellish and demonic background, the Crazed boy sat paralyzed as he watched his familiar world become less and less known to him. As his world and his mind changed, all he could think to do was embrace the nightmare. The final piece of canvas was ripped away and all he could see was blood and darkness. 



© 2013 Adam L Sinclair


Author's Note

Adam L Sinclair
trying very hard to set the scene here as well as explain what is going on inside this boys head.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013


Author

Adam L Sinclair
Adam L Sinclair

Stirling, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom



Writing