the 14thoftwo

the 14thoftwo

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

you don't own this day (for the Black Valentine's poetry challenge)

"
the fourteenth of two;
who is counting
but you --

married on this day,
it seemed like a good idea
at the time.

open the box of
chocolates
where maggots reside,

there never was an us,
only a you
and me.

flowers were for days
you cheated
and lied.

the fourteenth
just another day,
my love for you
died.









© 2018 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A write of empowerment. The 14th of February is just another day for many people...and remember the St. Valentine's Day massacre happened on that day! Very good rhythm and rhyme in this one. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, thank you. It's actually better than I thought, having it attached to a holiday, it takes the s.. read more
The day of love. I believe I need to do better. Love can become forgotten. A wise man showed attention to his wife on the day of love. I liked your thoughts dear friend on the holiday to show we care. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate it.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome my dear friend.
I hate when those maggots spoil a good box of chocolate... but then the "us" would really be "us", and the chocolate would be cream filled and sweet!!! I always enjoy your "love" poetry KL.. ;0)

~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

And I always enjoy your stopping by. Thank you.
Oww, really?
It's just a day KL.

I once dated a guy named Dave, broke my heart.
Swore I'd never date another Dave ever. But I did.

Reclaim the day. It's just a day. It was just a name...


Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Oh I agree. Totally. It is. That's what I am trying to get across. In my own bitchy way. ;)
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

Gotcha! :)
Nice. xo
and I wince and say, "Ouch". This one is full of heartbreak and lessons learned. Hope springs eternal, though KLG. I have hope for a certain farmer to right the wrongs of every February 14th that turned blue. Take care, my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I haven't seen you for awhile. Thank you for stopping in and reviewing.
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

I just started a second job teaching at a community college. I'm pooped with no time to play these .. read more
i almost always have found valentines day to be a bad day for some reason....
and yes, some relationships are never an "us"---
they are separate "you and Me's"----

when we are with a selfish person---valentine's day is like the horror movie, Bloody Valentine.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, yes, I find holidays in general are stressful when your partner isn't a partner.
i love this .. but why would i not?? it is my perfect escape .. for no excuse to forget .. when i was a high schooler i played drums .. i want to play them again for your song!! maggots in boxes of chocolates .. oh my!! too vivid .. too graphic to forget ;)

please accept my preemie valentine heart wish for you dear .. :}

your poem is exquisite mix of all that can go bad once the box is opened .. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyeouch! .. great job .. so spontaneous and perfect .. as things might be ;) very fine poetry!!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the wonderful review on my dark valentine.
Maybe cupid had a deer hunting broadhead arrow in his quiver in error. An excellent write, and interesting turn of a story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you I appreciate it.
THAT is the kind of read that makes me want to be outdoors... deep level of ouch there ...sigh.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes some wounds are more apparent than others. Thank you.
I am totally against sad poetry, unilaterall,y and in this I am unanimous with my self.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I was going for angry and bitter as opposed to sad.:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

628 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 26, 2015
Last Updated on July 5, 2018
Tags: dark, angry, Valentine's, take it back


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..