Unlike the Rest

Unlike the Rest

A Chapter by R E Tree
"

This is for those who have been a victim at high school and it has bothered you all your life.

"

He wore glasses,

Thick lens,

 

He was into comic books,

He admired super heroes

 

He was into science,

Never interested in sports,

  

He looked at galaxies,

Through his telescope,

 

He was bullied...

For not having,

A favorite football team,

 

On his wall,

Instead of naked chicks,

He had posters of his favorite cartoons,

 

He's never had his first kiss

Guys laugh at him,

For being scared to ask a hot chick out,

 

He was always,

The last to be invited to any club,

Or a party in town

 

People made jokes,

Because he was the only one,

That wouldn't drink,

 

 

High School has turned into a joke,

70% of people,

Cannot be themselves at high School

 

High School is not a place,

For nerds, jocks or Goth’s

It's a place for everyone

 

No matter who they are,

If they stand out or if they don't

Who cares?

 

It's better to be unlike the rest,

 



© 2012 R E Tree


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

insightful and expressed intelligently
highschool is a challenge for all of us
and a transition phase
i went through some rough times and looking back
what every teen needs is a sense of esteem to not fall into the trap of others defining them
life is all about change and this too shall pass....
keep the priorities of what is important at heart and let yes its better to be unlike the rest...



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a good one. At first I thought Jarvis Cocker. But then I realised that you are not describing anyone so cool as Jarvs was. You show keen awareness here. And you are bang on right as the mean average in society is very mean and very average. All power to the nerds and goths, as they tend to be the more intelligent members of society -- and read and understnand poetry.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well said and well done. High school can be such a place of torture, one wonders how everyone survives it. But perhaps they do so with lots of awful emotional scars.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Sadly, life after high school really isn't much different... A most important message you have conveyed. I pray any eyes that see this take heed to the message...

Posted 13 Years Ago


insightful and expressed intelligently
highschool is a challenge for all of us
and a transition phase
i went through some rough times and looking back
what every teen needs is a sense of esteem to not fall into the trap of others defining them
life is all about change and this too shall pass....
keep the priorities of what is important at heart and let yes its better to be unlike the rest...



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done. If only some of us could have believed that when we where there. Perhaps someone will read this now and it will help a little or a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


awesome work, and finally, someone to speak out for the outcasts...
i find it super stupid that some people always try to pick on other people like this, especially in school. firstly, it takes all types to make a world. secondly, how incredibly boring would that be if everyone was the same? good at all the SAME things? the whole structure of society would collapse, implode, and so on...
personally i'm not someone who's very different from the rest but i am quite the science and history freak. sometimes, i think the people who are very different have it WAY easier. after all, they don't have to do ANYTHING to distinguish themselves and rise above the rest...
awesome!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Fantastic poem, truly. So very honest.
In fact, I believe I can relate to this certain character...
A nerdy girl who reads comics and adores superheroes, wears thick lenses, never took much interest in sports, was bullied for being her weird self, was last to be invited (if I ever was invited), and wouldn't dare touching a drink at a party.
lol I happen to be all of those things... X)
And I must say those 30% of teens who -can- be themselves are the ones I look up to everyday. And I hope I can continue to be part of the 30% of brave, creative person...
Excellent poem, really!
Agree "It's better to be unlike the rest"
Perfect ending, couldn't have wrote better! :D


Posted 13 Years Ago


Tough times in Ridgemont High I guess. While this is a nice concept for a poem, it seems a little flat - not enough color to make in memorable. There are some saving lines here and there that might be weaved into more poetic language yet still give the same insight. Nice start on something good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Absolutely agree... it's best to be yourself, why follow the rest of the flock?

There is quite a bit I can relate to in this work, although I am far from the stereotypical geek it portrays (mostly because I hated comic books, and I actually was included, it was just my choice not to include myself). Overall, a good piece, giving lots to think about. Hopefully some of those bullies will realise they were wrong.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're very wise for you age, and a gifted writer as well. nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

970 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2012
Tags: victim, abuse, bully, high school


Author

R E Tree
R E Tree

West Yorkshire , United Kingdom



About
But what did I do To deserve this? From you Of all people My love, Can't you see What you have done to me? © Rosie E Crabtree all rights reserved 2022 🔥 ———&md.. more..

Writing
Seeking me Seeking me

A Poem by R E Tree



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Death Death

A Poem by HorrorMaster