Keep Your Fingers Crossed Chapter 5

Keep Your Fingers Crossed Chapter 5

A Chapter by Apathy To Empathy

 ~005.00~        

 
“You're home earlier.”
I look up to find my dad sitting about the dinning table, his family accompanying him.
“Hey kiddo,” he greets.
I only stare for a moment, then take my spot.
All eyes look my way.
Emily stares at me.
“What?”
She just stares.
I stare back, letting my eyes smolder.
“...You two, uh...havin' a starin' contest or somethin'?” dad inquires.
The smell of salmon patty's engulf me, and my mouth begins to water.  Emily looks like a salmon patty.  Thick and filled with meat.  Delicious even.
Dad begins to laugh.  “Son, you're drooling on yourself.”
Emily giggles into laughter, followed by Jennifer.
“Oops.”  I wipe my mouth, and stare at my plate, looking into the eyes of the poor sap who can still see.  If his eyes were sealed shut with blindness, and his ears were clogged with the pangs of being deaf, maybe, just maybe, he could be happier.
“So, why are you home this earlier?” Jennifer questions, diverting her gaze from me.
“I finished paperwork early and asked to leave early.  Don said it was alright and...”
His voice fades, as I focus harder on my reflection, hoping the plate would crack.
 
...dead body found in a motel room, alone...
“Please, David!  I'm begging you!  Answer your phone!”
 


© 2009 Apathy To Empathy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on October 1, 2009
Last Updated on November 2, 2009


Author

Apathy To Empathy
Apathy To Empathy

Carolina Beach, NC



About
I have major writers-block...Ugh. Ask me anyhting. I'll do my best to answer. PS. i am me and there is no one else who can be me unless they truley understand what it is like to be Nothing, Insigni.. more..

Writing