Keep Your Fingers Crossed Chapter 14

Keep Your Fingers Crossed Chapter 14

A Chapter by Apathy To Empathy

 ~014.00~        

 
“...Just die already!!”  a faint voice screams at me, “Why won't you die?!”
The hands around my neck grow colder, stiffer, and grip tighter.  It feels like there's no oxygen in the world, no air to breathe, to live.  No carbon to suffocate a human, no acid to burn flesh, no rain to water the vegetation, no meaning for this world.  This world belongs to Kimberly, the Kimberly who is upon me, choking me.  The Kimberly that had wants me to join her dead little world.
I don't want to...
The hands begin to slip away, but the ringing in my ears stay as the front door clicks open.
“David?”
I inhale sharply at my mother's voice, roll onto my side, and let out whatever I've eaten.
“David!” she exclaims, rushing to my side.  “David!  Honey!”
I cough, and wave her aside.
"David!" she scries, dropping to her knees.  "David, honey!"
I wave my hand, and flop back onto my back, breathing deeply, the scent of vomit, strong, and fresh, engulfing my senses.  The ringing in my ears spikes up a knotch, followed by a high scream that sounds no where near human.
"David!!" Emily's voice chokes out.
Through a mesh of colors, I stare at Kimberly's angered expression, her mouth twisted in a frown.
"Davey, Davey, Davey," she sing-songs with a c**k of her head, "What's wong?  Are you hurts?"  A crooked smirk twitch across her lips.
I clamp my eyes shut, and feel the back of my throat water up.


© 2010 Apathy To Empathy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on November 14, 2009
Last Updated on February 7, 2010


Author

Apathy To Empathy
Apathy To Empathy

Carolina Beach, NC



About
I have major writers-block...Ugh. Ask me anyhting. I'll do my best to answer. PS. i am me and there is no one else who can be me unless they truley understand what it is like to be Nothing, Insigni.. more..

Writing